PDA

View Full Version : POF-USA Renegade +

Fitz152
02-15-16, 14:31
I'm in the market for new ar. I narrowed my choices between a Daniel Defense and the POF-USA Renegade +. There is a lot of information on the Daniel Defense guns, but most of the POF info is on their piston guns. So does anyone have experience with the Renegade +? Thanks

GH41
02-15-16, 18:51
You're kiddin right? Do you want working rifle or a boutique rifle.

Livefreeordie92
02-15-16, 19:07
You're kiddin right? Do you want working rifle or a boutique rifle.

Just a hint, the DD isn't the boutique rifle.

Fitz152
02-15-16, 19:15
So that would be two votes against the POF, and two in favor of the DD. Ok got it fellas. Thanks for the replies

Livefreeordie92
02-16-16, 15:25
I find it interesting that all these piston exclusive manufacturers are now churning out DI guns and parts. LWRC now has a DI rifle and Adams Arms has Voodoo Industries making DI BCGs and other parts.

Mr. Goodtimes
02-16-16, 15:45
I find it interesting that all these piston exclusive manufacturers are now churning out DI guns and parts. LWRC now has a DI rifle and Adams Arms has Voodoo Industries making DI BCGs and other parts.

I thought the same thing. These things tend to go full circle. Go figure, maybe Eugene stoner wasn't such a dumb ass after all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vandal
02-16-16, 16:58
Even PWS and the vaunted HK are making DI guns.

ETA: I'm leaving the above line for posterity of me talking out of my posterior. I had heard HK was going to make a DI rifle but after further research I can't find one. PWS is for sure making DI guns under their Modern Musket series.

OP my vote is for the DD as well

PaLEOjd
02-16-16, 17:11
DD without question.

C-grunt
02-16-16, 18:03
DD all the way. POF is local here and not well thought of by many of the local shooters in the know. Several local agencies have gone to, then dropped, POF in the last 10 years or so.

Absolute top notch customer service from what I've heard.

zackmars
02-16-16, 18:17
the vaunted HK are making DI guns.

Really?

masenomics
02-16-16, 19:54
Daniel Defense for sure.

Fitz152
02-16-16, 19:59
Thanks guys I have been out of the AR market for a while. DD has many options and a great reputation. Thanks again

MajorLonghorn
02-16-16, 22:04
I have a POF P415 and it's been reliable and accurate. I too have been interested in the Renegade +. I like the rail, the adjustable gas block, the furniture, and the ambidextrous controls. If DD made a rifle with an adjustable gas block, I'd be all over it, but since they don't, POF will get a good, hard look.

Vandal
02-16-16, 22:14
Really?

I had heard they were, after further research I can't find any. My post is edited to reflect that.

quackhead
02-17-16, 02:56
Was looking at POF guns for a fairly large unit order. Had a rep do a demo and we had issues with the demo guns- major accuracy issues, and a couple other issues that are slipping my mind. A short time later, was at their factory and met with the owner- left their thinking how in the hell is this guy still in business POF has had some issues with hard use guns- it's documented on the web. I also found their rails to be HUGE.

MOhunter92
02-17-16, 09:30
Well I was just about to start a thread on this very topic. I'm currently deciding between a DD V7LW with the new M lok rail and a POF P415. I have a buddy who works builds all kinds of rifles and he wasn't a fan necessarily of either and he said between those he would go POF. I would love to see some more input on these, keep em coming guys! OP I didn't want to hijack your thread just don't want to start another one almost exactly like it.

Sent from my treestand using Tapatalk

Defaultmp3
02-17-16, 09:48
Even PWS and the vaunted HK are making DI guns.OT, but FWIW, I have heard from a reliable source that PWS will be discontinuing their DI line.

MajorLonghorn
02-17-16, 09:54
Well I was just about to start a thread on this very topic. I'm currently deciding between a DD V7LW with the new M lok rail and a POF P415. I have a buddy who works builds all kinds of rifles and he wasn't a fan necessarily of either and he said between those he would go POF. I would love to see some more input on these, keep em coming guys! OP I didn't want to hijack your thread just don't want to start another one almost exactly like it.

While I have a P415 and have had positive results, the handguard is very large, and very heavy. Being a piston gun, it runs very clean, but I would still consider the Renegade + first.

masenomics
02-17-16, 10:15
Do you want a hard use, reliable, proven, parts commonality rifle? Then get the DD.

MajorLonghorn
02-17-16, 10:25
Do you want a hard use, reliable, proven, parts commonality rifle? Then get the DD.
Just keep in mind that DD rifles are known to be overgassed, so if you want to use a suppressor, you'll want to get an adjustable gas block. Also, ambidextrous controls and an upgraded trigger are not standard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MOhunter92
02-17-16, 10:39
Just keep in mind that DD rifles are known to be overgassed, so if you want to use a suppressor, you'll want to get an adjustable gas block. Also, ambidextrous controls and an upgraded trigger are not standard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Really? I never heard of them being over gassed until this post and another one I recently read. I did start a new thread specifically on the P415 because I'm interested in that particular rifle and the V7.

djegators
02-17-16, 10:42
I thought the same thing. These things tend to go full circle. Go figure, maybe Eugene stoner wasn't such a dumb ass after all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And, the one area where piston made some sense, suppressed SBR, makes even less sense now with the commonality of quality adjustable gas blocks. For most uses I do not see the advantage of piston, I just see extra weight and extra cost.

Eurodriver
02-17-16, 13:09
Really? I never heard of them being over gassed until this post and another one I recently read. I did start a new thread specifically on the P415 because I'm interested in that particular rifle and the V7.

Never? Here. Let me google that for you... (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=daniel+defense+overgassed)

MOhunter92
02-17-16, 13:11
Never? Here. Let me google that for you... (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=daniel+defense+overgassed)

I have never ran across it in my searches, no need to be a douche

quackhead
02-18-16, 04:27
I would still go,with the DD for their noted Quakity control and customer service. The upgraded controls are a personal thing and can be changed to parts of your liking

Eurodriver
02-18-16, 06:23
I have never ran across it in my searches, no need to be a douche

You're absolutely right. I apologize for being a douchey douche.

Koshinn
02-18-16, 07:06
You're absolutely right. I apologize for being a mariney marine.

Fixed it for you. :)

MOhunter92
02-18-16, 07:07
You're absolutely right. I apologize for being a douchey douche.

[emoji482]

djegators
02-18-16, 07:56

Nailed it :)

Eurodriver
02-18-16, 08:52

You are never ever going to let that go, lol. :cool: