PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Daniels

tb-av
02-15-16, 22:47
You don't know America.

http://cnsnews.com/commentary/charlie-daniels/charlie-daniels-open-letter-americas-enemies-you-see-obama-you-dont-know

Something never rang true about the apprehension and boarding of two American Naval vessels by the Iranian Navy. Something just didn’t seem right.

These boats were equipped with the kind of space age navigational devices that should have forgone any doubt where they were within a couple of yards.

If one boat became disabled, why didn't the other boat tow it back to safe international waters?

Barring all else, why didn’t the Iranians abide by centuries old maritime tradition to assist a disabled vessel of a nation you're not at war with? We’re not at war with Iran, or are we?

Why did John Kerry make a public statement praising and thanking the Iranians for their humane treatment of our Naval personnel knowing that Iran had boarded our vessel, disarmed the sailors and forced them to kneel with their hands on their heads? Why would he do so after seeing that Iran had photographed these sailors, using the photo as an embarrassing international public relations ploy and showing the world just how spineless the Obama administration is? Just how much humiliation and insult he is willing to take?

A note to our enemies:

You think you know America, but you only see the tiny, inept, incompetent, cowering political tip of a very big, very capable iceberg.

SteyrAUG
02-16-16, 02:06
Never cared much for country music, but I always did like Charlie Daniels.

Class Act, I fear the America he references largely no longer exists, there are no more steel workers in Iron City for example. But I agree with his sentiments and I hope things improve the way he imagines them. We could use a strong, no nonsense leader right about now, preferably with the economic expertise to start fixing our domestic mess, a desire to sharpen our swords and start eliminating threats to our security and a willingness to tell anyone who disagrees to FO.

Moose-Knuckle
02-16-16, 04:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm4_rXQAyLM

Dist. Expert 26
02-16-16, 08:22
I like the sentiment, but the current generation of college liberals gives a whole new meaning to cowering, and it's only getting worse. There are undoubtedly capable men and women willing to fight, namely LEOs and veterans, but we are grossly outnumbered by those who need safe spaces because of hurtful words.

Whiskey_Bravo
02-16-16, 08:33
I like the sentiment, but the current generation of college liberals gives a whole new meaning to cowering, and it's only getting worse. There are undoubtedly capable men and women willing to fight, namely LEOs and veterans, but we are grossly outnumbered by those who need safe spaces because of hurtful words.

Why are you being so aggressive? At least give a warning first before you act that way.

Dist. Expert 26
02-16-16, 08:37
Why are you being so aggressive? At least give a warning first before you act that way.

Ah, of course. From now on I will preface my posts with "Trigger warning".

Whiskey_Bravo
02-16-16, 08:39
Thank you, now I headed back to my safe space. No media or opposing views allowed.

ColtSeavers
02-16-16, 09:11
I remember safe spaces not working that well for me as a kid. I would stick my fingers in my ears and yell "La la la la LAAAAA" for a bit right before my rear end began to hurt due to somehow coming into contact with my parents' hand multiple times. Weird.

Firefly
02-16-16, 09:36
I dunno.

"Safe spaces". Safe from what?
It's probably good I don't have any kids.

02-16-16, 11:56
I get stoned in the mornin' and drunk in the afternoon.

I ain't askin' nobody for nothin' if I can't get it on my own. If you don't like the way I'm livin', just leave this long-haired country boy alone.

HCrum87hc
02-16-16, 12:27
I'm a huge fan of the man and the music. I follow him on social media, and he often has some great and well spoken posts.

RazorBurn
02-17-16, 12:40
I'm a huge fan of the man and the music. I follow him on social media, and he often has some great and well spoken posts.

What this world needs is a few more rednecks. It's damn true! Listen to the words of the song and I'm sure you'll agree.

Firefly
02-17-16, 13:07
I've heard some real Mark Twain stuff come outta mouths with thick accents but is lost on the 'sophisticated' who think everything should be "easy" and "progressive"

The realest days of my life have been knee deep in a shithole or over the body of some poor guy "gettin his life back togetha".

It's in coffee shops and lecture halls I've heard the worst BS ever.

I could quote some old school David Allen Coe but people can't handle that anymore. Same with Ollie Joe Prater. That man was a standup philosopher for the ages

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-17-16, 14:41
Ah, of course. From now on I will preface my posts with "Trigger warning".

"Warning, trigger."

http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a426/MileHighPhotos/Sigs/Sigs10.jpg (http://s1034.photobucket.com/user/MileHighPhotos/media/Sigs/Sigs10.jpg.html)

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-16, 00:12
What this world needs is a few more rednecks.

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1459/24734022629_a58702c6ce_b.jpg

cop1211
02-18-16, 01:21
Completely agree, for the most part this country has become a nation of sniveling, entitled, pansies.
If this country ever gets in a war where the draft is needed to fill the ranks, we will lose. Most would burn the draft card way more than what happened during Vietnam, and the ones that did show up 95% would be cannon fodder.

SteyrAUG
02-18-16, 02:25
What this world needs is a few more rednecks. It's damn true! Listen to the words of the song and I'm sure you'll agree.

Depends on the redneck. I got a neighborhood full of them and some are every bit as bad as any Section 8 ghetto rat. Weed smoking, pill addicted, 5 dead cars in the yard, 8 kids, weekly domestic violence call outs, blasting shit music at all hours, reving the only working car for hours all day every weekend apparently fascinated by the fact that it runs, complete fascination with guns combined with complete ignorance of safe gun handling and year round fireworks till 2 am.

SteyrAUG
02-18-16, 02:31
Completely agree, for the most part this country has become a nation of sniveling, entitled, pansies.
If this country ever gets in a war where the draft is needed to fill the ranks, we will lose. Most would burn the draft card way more than what happened during Vietnam, and the ones that did show up 95% would be cannon fodder.

The ONLY way the draft would be actually used is if we got invaded. And if we actually got invaded that would sort a lot of shit out. Nobody alive in this country really understands what it's like when an army arrives and burns Atlanta, unless they are from Ukraine, they just have no idea what that is actually like.

In some ways, I'd actually love it if the Norks or China pulled a stunt like that. It would be entertaining to watch the Starbucks dwellers explain to the "occupational peacekeepers" that they are on the same side and don't have to show ID or answer questions because of the bill of rights. But at the same time, I know if that ever happened all the wrong people suffer, the most innocent usually die first and the true shitbags always seem to prevail somehow.

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-16, 02:56
The ONLY way the draft would be actually used is if we got invaded. And if we actually got invaded that would sort a lot of shit out. Nobody alive in this country really understands what it's like when an army arrives and burns Atlanta, unless they are from Ukraine, they just have no idea what that is actually like.

In some ways, I'd actually love it if the Norks or China pulled a stunt like that. It would be entertaining to watch the Starbucks dwellers explain to the "occupational peacekeepers" that they are on the same side and don't have to show ID or answer questions because of the bill of rights. But at the same time, I know if that ever happened all the wrong people suffer, the most innocent usually die first and the true shitbags always seem to prevail somehow.

It would be kind of like Red Dawn (2012) where you have Nork sympathizers like the kid who got butt hurt at Jed, or the self-serving town mayor in the 1984 version. Not to mention the multitude of people that would throw their neighbors, coworkers, friends, and own family members under bus if it meant they didn't have to report to a reeducation center or even something as simple as just one more mouth full of food. Occupied and or besieged cities are a frightful place to find oneself. Anyone who harbors a grudge against someone else can take advantage of such chaotic situations; jilted lovers, resentful employers and or supervisors/managers, jealous neighbors, et al.

RazorBurn
02-18-16, 08:21
Depends on the redneck. I got a neighborhood full of them and some are every bit as bad as any Section 8 ghetto rat. Weed smoking, pill addicted, 5 dead cars in the yard, 8 kids, weekly domestic violence call outs, blasting shit music at all hours, reving the only working car for hours all day every weekend apparently fascinated by the fact that it runs, complete fascination with guns combined with complete ignorance of safe gun handling and year round fireworks till 2 am.

There's a difference between rednecks and white trash. You know I'm not talking about white trash. I'm talking about good ole' country boys. You know, the ones who would give you the shirt of their backs and help you if you're in need. The neighbors help neighbors kind of country folk. You really need to listen to the song to get the definition. How about some boys like in "Country Boy Can Survive". Can you run a trot line? We say Grace, we say Amen, yes sir, no ma'am. We're the guys raised on shotguns. That's the kind of people I'm talking about. Good old country folk. Charlie does a real good definition of it in his song. I set off fireworks until 1am on the Fourth of July only, all my vehicles in my driveway run (don't have any in my yard), I practice what I feel is damn good gun safety, I'll be happy to show someone how to run a trot line, and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. Just embrace your inner redneck and all will be well. :cool:

White trash doesn't count. We rednecks avoid them as much as we avoid ghetto thugs (and wannabe thugs too). I'm sure you knew the kind of redneck I was referring to... :)

Vandal
02-18-16, 10:20
The issue is most of the white trash I run across considers themselves to be rednecks. Mr. Daniels definition is being changed.

Averageman
02-18-16, 12:51
The issue is most of the white trash I run across considers themselves to be rednecks. Mr. Daniels definition is being changed.

You know on my Dads side of the Family that Redneck vs White Trash line was pretty well defined. The thing I really found extremely humorous about the whole thing was, the Rednecks were really upset by the White Trash folks not getting off of their third point of contact and doing better for themselves.
The irony to me was that it was degrees of sophistication and adaptation and a desire to make themselves better, they were all from the same Family, just somewhere along the line some of them were, well,...Less Ambitious would be the polite thing to say.
On the other side of the Family they were all Irish and either Cops or Robbers. I remember asking my Mother about what job one of my Grandfathers Brothers did, her reply was "Mostly running from the Cops." A couple of his same Brothers were Chicago Cops.
I guess the point is there is good and bad in all sides, but I think what Mr. Daniels is missing is that since Hank Jr. sang his ode to Country Boys Surviving, a lot of cultural shifts have taken place and more than a few people have done the slow slide back in to dependence and scamming the system.
It's certainly rare to find someone with the values and upbringing Charlie is speaking about.

Firefly
02-18-16, 13:36
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Dhy01Pn7Y

SteyrAUG
02-18-16, 14:14
There's a difference between rednecks and white trash. You know I'm not talking about white trash. I'm talking about good ole' country boys. You know, the ones who would give you the shirt of their backs and help you if you're in need. The neighbors help neighbors kind of country folk. You really need to listen to the song to get the definition. How about some boys like in "Country Boy Can Survive". Can you run a trot line? We say Grace, we say Amen, yes sir, no ma'am. We're the guys raised on shotguns. That's the kind of people I'm talking about. Good old country folk. Charlie does a real good definition of it in his song. I set off fireworks until 1am on the Fourth of July only, all my vehicles in my driveway run (don't have any in my yard), I practice what I feel is damn good gun safety, I'll be happy to show someone how to run a trot line, and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. Just embrace your inner redneck and all will be well. :cool:

White trash doesn't count. We rednecks avoid them as much as we avoid ghetto thugs (and wannabe thugs too). I'm sure you knew the kind of redneck I was referring to... :)

They all consider themselves rednecks, drive pickups, have rebel flag shit, etc. It's bad enough I wouldn't call anyone a redneck, now I know some nice "country folks" (even if they are located in the suburbs) but I would never call them a redneck. Not sure about your zip code, but down here "redneck" has been monopolized by the lowest common denominator.

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-16, 14:37
You really need to listen to the song to get the definition. How about some boys like in "Country Boy Can Survive". Can you run a trot line? We say Grace, we say Amen, yes sir, no ma'am. We're the guys raised on shotguns. That's the kind of people I'm talking about. Good old country folk. Charlie does a real good definition of it in his song. I set off fireworks until 1am on the Fourth of July only, all my vehicles in my driveway run (don't have any in my yard), I practice what I feel is damn good gun safety, I'll be happy to show someone how to run a trot line, and I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. Just embrace your inner redneck and all will be well.

That's Hank Williams Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Moose-Knuckle
02-18-16, 14:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0Dhy01Pn7Y

Keeping in line with our George A. Romero convo, in Night of the Living Dead, Dawn of the Dead, and The Crazies he always shows rednecks and their guns lol.

RazorBurn
02-18-16, 15:56
That's Hank Williams Jr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3cQNkIrg-Tk

Yeah, I know. I guess I should have made it clear in my post that I was using Hank Jr's Country Boy Can Survive also.

Benito
02-18-16, 23:55

Agreed with this. I have lost all faith in America as far as the halls of power are concerned, and almost all faith in it as far as the majority, which is becoming more pathetic and weasely by the day.
If there was a draft, the weasels wouldn't show up, or be granted deferrals for their university studies in women's studies, etc. The only ones who would be sent off to die would be those who still embody America the idea. The end result is a culling of the fighting men, and being left with the weak spineless ones.
This is basically what happened to Europe (and to a far lesser degree the USA) after 2 World Wars.