PDA

View Full Version : PTP Tactical Ranger 11B

Fireman1291
02-16-16, 09:01
OK fellas here is the latest review. This is the 9mm version of the suppressor and I will be finishing the edit and uploading the 45 version of this can later in the month. For the MSRP of $529 it drives a hard bargain. It does suffer from FRP as does any monocore but I will say it had a very pleasing tone in the subsequent shots. If one were to buy this can and use as a nightly critter dispatcher in a housing development I would just run a bead of WL grease in the blast chamber to circumvent any FRP.

For this review I will be starting with a tabletop portion to outline the specs as well as special features and closeups of the monocore, followed by a live fire portion of the suppressor on a Sig MK25 and Glock 17.

Anyway, we hope you enjoy the review!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPFA1ZFvfIU

Fireman1291
02-16-16, 20:35
Let me know if you have any questions fellas:cool:

tigershilone
02-16-16, 20:55
Lot of FRP, what advantages would this have over an AAC Tirant other than cost?

Fireman1291
02-17-16, 05:19
Lot of FRP, what advantages would this have over an AAC Tirant other than cost?

Other than cost? I would say ease of stack removal after extended breaks in cleaning. A wood dowel inside the pressed against the stack and slammed on the ground should free it a lot easier than a stuck TiRant stack. I own the TiRant 45 and 9 and never clean them anymore.

Noodles
02-18-16, 17:07
Other than cost? I would say ease of stack removal after extended breaks in cleaning. A wood dowel inside the pressed against the stack and slammed on the ground should free it a lot easier than a stuck TiRant stack. I own the TiRant 45 and 9 and never clean them anymore.

Who cleans their pistol cans? I have yet myself to see a 9mm can become "too dirty". The whole pistol user serviceable thing seems more for anal retentive types than people really filling them up, no?

Fireman1291
02-20-16, 05:43
Who cleans their pistol cans? I have yet myself to see a 9mm can become "too dirty". The whole pistol user serviceable thing seems more for anal retentive types than people really filling them up, no?

Yes and no. I don't really clean my cans but once a year but I have a lot so I'm not putting copious amounts of lead/carbon through just one or two. So mine don't get as built up as say a person who has one centerfire pistol can. The real issue is the blast chamber on cans that accept a 3-lug. Go play with an MP5 all day and then try and reinsert your booster without cleaning....not gonna happen lol.

MJN1957
02-20-16, 08:51
Y

The real issue is the blast chamber on cans that accept a 3-lug. Go play with an MP5 all day and then try and reinsert your booster without cleaning...

That seems a relatively limited market that is already occupied by several manufacturers, and what competitive can doesn't have a booster that isn't removable/changeable/cleanable?

Is the massive blowback after each shot due to the extraordinary internal volume of the can? Doesn't that just drive heat and swill back into the host, drying-out and/or contaminating lube and pushing unburned powder and carbon residue back into the action?

MikeN