PDA

View Full Version : Eagles of Death Metal leader sounds off on gun control

Amp Mangum
02-16-16, 10:05
When asked about his stance on guns, Hughes said, "Did your French gun control stop a single f****** person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I'd like to hear it, because I don't think so.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/16/entertainment/paris-band-gun-control/index.html

(CNN)In a tearful interview, Jesse Hughes, the lead singer of the Eagles of Death Metal rock band, wept over the terrorist attack that killed 89 people at the concert where the band had performed. He also touched on the issue of gun control.

Eagles of Death Metal is set to perform in Paris on Tuesday, marking its return after the deadly November 13 attack when terrorists stormed the Bataclan concert hall while the American band played. The coordinated attacks targeted the theater and six other locations throughout the city and left 130 dead in the worst terror attack in modern French history.

In an interview with the French channel iTELE, Hughes called the band's return to Paris a "sacred duty."

When asked about his stance on guns, Hughes said, "Did your French gun control stop a single f****** person from dying at the Bataclan? And if anyone can answer yes, I'd like to hear it, because I don't think so. I think the only thing that stopped it was some of the bravest men that I've ever seen in my life charging headfirst into the face of death with their firearms."

Firefly
02-16-16, 10:45
Man has a cogent point

MegademiC
02-16-16, 12:55
It's difficult to be much more clear than that.

Alex V
02-16-16, 12:58
Can't argue with the man...

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-16-16, 13:06
So, in a country that has the strict gun laws that the Progressives strive for here, if no one can answer that question, doesn't that invalidate all that they work for here?

WillBrink
02-16-16, 13:19
So, in a country that has the strict gun laws that the Progressives strive for here, if no one can answer that question, doesn't that invalidate all that they work for here?

You know the drill: they will double down assuming yet more gun control is the answer.

You're never going to convince a person who blames the tool used vs the tool user that reducing access to the tool is the answer.

Singer also said "I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe that until nobody has guns, everybody has to have them."

As we know that first part is impossible, the later is moot.

Airhasz
02-16-16, 13:20
Am I the only one who has never heard of EODM?

Amp Mangum
02-16-16, 13:36

No!:)

SteyrAUG
02-16-16, 15:19

If you didn't know by now, they were the band that was playing in Paris during the attack. It's the only reason anyone has heard of them.

Airhasz
02-16-16, 15:49
If you didn't know by now, they were the band that was playing in Paris during the attack. It's the only reason anyone has heard of them.

Yeah, I knew that much. I do come out of mom's basement once in a while.:)
My gal and I see a couple of outdoor metal festivals every summer, but never heard of them.

WickedWillis
02-16-16, 16:56
Yeah, I knew that much. I do come out of mom's basement once in a while.:)
My gal and I see a couple of outdoor metal festivals every summer, but never heard of them.

Yeah they aren't really even metal.

Benito
02-16-16, 19:03
I've never heard their music, but I'm glad to hear this guy doesn't have his head stuck up his ass.
If it was a rapper or pop star and someone shot up their show, they'd be fluffing Hussein and his various gun control PSAs.

Co-gnARR
02-16-16, 19:48
Yeah they aren't really even metal.
The name came from an inside joke with the band. Some one was talking about some east Europe death metal band and comparing them to the Eagles. The name Eagles of Death Metal stuck.

Arik
02-16-16, 20:48
Nope

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MountainRaven
02-16-16, 21:00
You know the drill: they will double down assuming yet more gun control is the answer.

You're never going to convince a person who blames the tool used vs the tool user that reducing access to the tool is the answer.

Singer also said "I think the only way that my mind has been changed is that maybe that until nobody has guns, everybody has to have them."

As we know that first part is impossible, the later is moot.

Remember: If gun control doesn't work, you're just not using enough of it.

brickboy240
02-17-16, 10:28
True, don't get too focused on the first part of what the guy said. The latter part of his statement shows that like the left, he too is delusional when it comes to firearms, gun ownership and self defense.