PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek Continues: Have You Seen This?

Doc Safari
02-16-16, 10:58
http://www.startrekcontinues.com/

Star Trek Continues is a totally fan-produced show.

Now, before you cringe or roll your eyes....I watched a couple of episodes last night...and...

THEY DO A REMARKABLE JOB OF REMAINING FAITHFUL TO THE ORIGINAL SERIES...AND IT IS WORTH WATCHING!

Of course: the actors do not look like the originals, but they do have their mannerisms for the most part.

James Doohan's son Chris plays Scotty.

The sets, special effects, uniforms, hair styles, and storytelling style are remarkably authentic.

I'm amazed at how well this series is produced. You can see they put a lot of work into this and the results make you think you're watching the old series. You almost, I said, almost, have to remind yourself in the long shots that you're not watching a lost episode of the original Star Trek.

Worth a look--definitely!

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-16-16, 12:12
This has to be done by fans, but for some reason they won't let the "Fantastic Four" die the death it should. It has more lives after dying at the box office than a cat.

skydivr
02-16-16, 16:32
This is SO COOL! As a child that grew up on the original Star Trek, this is GREAT.

CleverNickname
02-16-16, 20:32
lol they even got the gay Asian guy from Mythbusters to play Sulu.

BH321
02-17-16, 18:36
This has to be done by fans, but for some reason they won't let the "Fantastic Four" die the death it should. It has more lives after dying at the box office than a cat.

If they don't release a new Fantastic Four film every few years then the rights revert back to Marvel. That is the only reason they keep making those abominations.

DacoRoman
02-17-16, 19:52
Just had time to watch for about 15 min but it seems like a very cool and well done reproduction! Thanks for posting!

Firefly
02-17-16, 20:25
Star Trek was always so preachy.
Battlestar was where it was.

So say we all!

MistWolf
02-19-16, 01:18
I'm diggin' it. Thanks for the tip, Doc