PDA

View Full Version : Anyone order from "Old Dominion" Firearms? I Need help and advise please.

mjpgolf1
02-17-16, 12:08
I am wondering if anyone here has ever used Old Dominion firearms in VA to order anything. I placed an order for a "3 pack" of Aero Precision lower receivers almost 2 months ago and I'm at the point now where I'm becoming a bit worried. I have tried calling this company well over a dozen times with no answer and no return calls from my voice mails. Before I ordered these receivers I had a couple of emails back and forth inquiring as to how long the wait was because they were on back order and a guy named Tim mailed me back telling me that they were receiving these every week and have been able to fill orders pretty quickly, so I went ahead and placed the order and of course they immediately took the money out of my account. Now I've heard nothing nor has my FFL that is handling the transaction and I'm becoming concerned and a bit upset to be honest. First and foremost these companies should charge your account when they ship the item and not rip the funds right away and then not even keep you posted about what the status is. Not to mention the fact that Aero Precision Lowers are available at all kinds of other dealers so I don't understand why it would take this long. I am asking this to see what anyone thinks about this and what I should do. I'm thinking I will at least give it another week and then file a dispute with my bank if there is no response. However if this is normal for this company and others have had good luck with them then I would feel better about just being patient for a little while longer.

Thanks for any help on this.

zackmars
02-17-16, 12:19
Dispute the charge

Gunfixr
02-17-16, 12:22
Per the card companies, a business cannot hit your card for items they do not have physically in Stock.

Call your card company.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

tb-av
02-17-16, 12:30
I have not, but I live maybe 1.5hr away. I almost was going to buy them as well. I had just bought an Aero from someone else and then saw their ad. Figured one day I would drive out. Then I started doing research. Then I realized they didn't actually have stock. Then they never showed up on a search for firearms dealers in their area. then I noticed they really don't seem to have much inventory listed. Then I decided to pass as it simply looked too good to be true.

I don't want to say for sure because they could be legit and that sale price came out before the last 2A uproar and it was right at Black Friday. It just seemed to me so many things didn't look right. They may be perfectly legit but small time, I don't know. They've got the cheapest price of anyone I've ever seen though. How can they do that?

Wish I could tell you more but they are not exactly in my back yard.

mjpgolf1
02-17-16, 14:33
The thing that's holding me back from disputing the charge is the fact that my FFL has received an order from this company in the last 6 months. It was an Anderson lower receiver. The whole thing with me is communication and the lack of it. If they would just let me know that it's going to be a little longer than they anticipated then I would be all good with that. But I haven't heard anything in almost 2 months and no one answers the phone at the number listed on their site. I figured someone here out of the thousands of people on this site has either ordered these and received them or has been ripped off and can tell me that they are 100% a fraud. I just contacted my bank to see what recourse I have and they can open a dispute within 90 days of the original transaction. So I have until the 6th of April to either get my receivers or get my money back. I figure I will give them up until the week before that to have the receivers in my hand and not just a shipping notice because that can be faked also. Otherwise I will open a dispute.

RazorBurn
02-17-16, 15:00
Dispute the charge

No better advice than what was posted above. Order from a reputable source and be done with it... If you wait too long you won't have any recourse.

GH41
02-17-16, 15:24
Per the card companies, a business cannot hit your card for items they do not have physically in Stock.

Call your card company.

Sent from my SGP612 using Tapatalk

Wrong. Some vendors have software (and policy) that prevents them from taking an order for material that is out of stock and holding your CC# until they can ship it. I went through this last week with a vendor that is well respected by the members here. I also placed an order this week from another well respected company that still has my CC# on file and it's been over a year since I bought from them. Neither policy is dictated by a CC company. It's the vendor's decision how he wants to runs his business and your choice to buy from them or not.

mjpgolf1
02-17-16, 16:59
No better advice than what was posted above. Order from a reputable source and be done with it... If you wait too long you won't have any recourse.

I already checked with my bank and I have until April 6th to file a dispute. As I mentioned above my FFL received a shipment from this company a week before I placed my order, and I had email contact with them a couple times before I placed the order as well, so I figured I had done my due diligence in making sure this was a legit deal. Worst case I get my cash back, best case I end up with 3 gen 2 aero precision lowers for $180. I just figured someone here had ordered these and either knew they were gtg and just slow at shipping or they were a ripoff.

mjpgolf1
02-18-16, 14:04
Finally had some contact and am being refunded my money. I will definetely be just ordering from a reputable dealer from now on. Thanks for the input guys.

rondooley
02-18-16, 20:48
I have had the same lowers on order as well for 2 months. I think they are legit because my coworkers received there's but mine have not shipped. Guess I will keep waiting. Oh and my ffl already was on file with them so he had sold some of their lowers so....I guess I will wait. Can't beat the price plus $1 shipping

mjpgolf1
02-18-16, 21:09
I have had the same lowers on order as well for 2 months. I think they are legit because my coworkers received there's but mine have not shipped. Guess I will keep waiting. Oh and my ffl already was on file with them so he had sold some of their lowers so....I guess I will wait. Can't beat the price plus $1 shipping

I'm not doubting that they are legit now but when you look at their website they have absolutely nothing in stock so between that, the horrible communication, and the fact that when you call their number no one ever answers and some "magic jack" answering service picks up, it's just not worth saving a few bucks at this point. Primary arms has the same lowers I ordered for just $15 more a piece so I would rather just get my money back and have my lower receivers at my door in 3 days from a company I've dealt with many times now. It was 2 months and when they finally emailed me back he said he had no clue when they were coming in so I'm out on that. I'm just glad I'm getting a refund and don't have to mess around with filing a claim with my bank. Good luck with your order though. I hope it turns out good in the end.

Eurodriver
02-18-16, 21:50
....I guess I will wait. Can't beat the price plus $1 shipping

Gun people :lol:

rondooley
03-02-16, 20:20
BTW they never shipped or returned my money. Had to file a claim with Visa to get my money back. Dang avoid them at any cost!

mjpgolf1
03-03-16, 06:27
BTW they never shipped or returned my money. Had to file a claim with Visa to get my money back. Dang avoid them at any cost!

They actually returned my money but I had a feeling something wasn't right when their website shows everything available but on back order. So the guy must just take orders to try to line his pockets for a while then just keep telling people they're on backorder. The website should be taken down if he has no inventory and can't fulfill any orders. I was extremely happy when the money hit my account but I had sent several pretty nasty emails and lots of phone calls leaving messages.

Hope you get your cash back also. Good luck.

revrogue
03-08-16, 22:00
I ordered a 3 pack on January 7, and finally received a tracking number yesterday, 3/7. I guess the fact that I've had too much going on to think much about how long it took is a bit of a blessing.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

bigwagon
03-08-16, 22:43

So I guess you could beat the price plus $1 shipping. :p

mjpgolf1
03-10-16, 16:31
I ordered a 3 pack on January 7, and finally received a tracking number yesterday, 3/7. I guess the fact that I've had too much going on to think much about how long it took is a bit of a blessing.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Glad to hear you are getting what you ordered. Hopefully it ends up being what you expect. Good luck and keep us posted.

WatchTheWorldBern
03-10-16, 19:07
For what it's worth, I emailed them back in January and almost placed an order. They did explain to me that Aero is severely backlogged, and I doubt that's gotten much better. Old Dominion had them out of stock but let you backorder for a while, but they eventually took that down, presumably as orders piled up much faster than Aero shipped to them. They seem to be a small outfit, and I'm glad I didn't end up placing an order, but I don't get the impression they're trying to scam people so much as just overwhelmed (election year, Obama's executive order at the start of January, etc) and terrible at communication. An actual scam would be a lot better at scamming people.

Renegade0100
03-10-16, 19:50
I'm from the area and have visited the store numerous times. The guys there are nice people but they aren't AR guys, and usually only have a few cheap brands for sale with a WASR or two. Nothing wrong with that; we just aren't their market. They have a very, very small store, with one side filled with guns and the other with fishing gear and accessories. They typically have a lot of shotguns and bolt guns, a few ARs and maybe an AK with a large selection of Rugers and S&Ws pistols. It's very likely that they can't keep up with all of the orders. It's just a small little "mom and pop" style shop.

Suwannee Tim
03-10-16, 19:57
http://ffldb.net/ffl/details/tdb-enterprises-llc/

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3614034,-79.2013538,3a,75y,42.76h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4Hyj_55PaJCP0Mkqj6vMiw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This "business" is evidently an apartment. There is a big honking warning on their website you may have missed, they don't show a physical address in their contact information. Also, I don't do business with anyone who does not return phone calls.

Renegade0100
03-13-16, 09:30
http://ffldb.net/ffl/details/tdb-enterprises-llc/

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3614034,-79.2013538,3a,75y,42.76h,90t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s4Hyj_55PaJCP0Mkqj6vMiw!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

This "business" is evidently an apartment. There is a big honking warning on their website you may have missed, they don't show a physical address in their contact information. Also, I don't do business with anyone who does not return phone calls.

I think you have the wrong address. The store is definitely not part of an apartment complex. It's a small individual shop on the right side of the highway, and yes it is a legitimate business, just not a very good one imo.

revrogue
03-31-16, 13:20
I forgot to update. I received my three lowers a couple days after my last post. Packaging consisted of a thin plastic bag around each lower, with all three lowers in a box. One had a tiny scratch, another had a pretty good ding that went through the anodizing. I'm not overly concerned with a finish, and my stuff gets used, so scratches happen, but I'd prefer something new come without finish damage (actually, I'd typically rather keep the scratches, and take a blem discount).

In the end, it's not worth the trouble to me to bother with trying to get any kind of refund or return, so I accepted delivery and went on my way. Due to poor communication, delay, and careless packaging, I wouldn't recommend this company.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk