PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here try the Seekins Precision safety selectors yet?

gregshin
02-17-16, 16:25
All my builds(6) have Battle Arms Development safeties...was curious to try the Seekins.

would love to hear some feedback.

El Cid
02-17-16, 16:40
Like you I prefer the BAD-ASS gear. I did use the Seekins mag catch button, bolt catch, and gas tube on my last build and they've performed as expected. I'd have no worries about trying other kit made by them.

Stickman
02-17-16, 16:46
I didn't even know they were making ambi safeties.

Fatorangecat
02-17-16, 17:32
I had one and swapped it out for a BAD-CASS. Like all Seekins stuff it was nicely machined and nicely finished. The one I had just fit excessively tight in a Colt 6920. Not saying it was the the selector specifically as it could have been thick anodizing on the lower as well.

Live2Gun
02-17-16, 18:10
I'll be curious to hear opinions myself. I just about bought one then found the BAD selectors on sale for 39 bucks and went with them instead. However, I would be curious to hear feedback for future projects.

Captiva
02-17-16, 18:34
I have a set in red because it's red, and it's just "ok".

Auto-X Fil
02-17-16, 18:35
I have the Seekins selector on a recent SBR build I did for someone else. I was actually just shooting it today. I'm probably a bad reviewer, because I don't like ambi selectors in general, and have zero issues running mil-spec selectors on my guns - so that's what I run.

But, the Seekins is exceptionally well made (duh), and I like that you can configure 60 or 90 throw. It also doesn't get in the way of my right-hand trigger finger as much as some others, which is my main complaint with ambi-selectors.

Let me know if there's any more specific feedback you'd like.

themonk
02-17-16, 18:42
I had one for a few months on an sbr. Gave it away. The edges are way to sharp with very little texture so it can be hard to actuate. The BAD ASS is head and shoulders above. Well worth the extra money. In all honesty I hated it.

nate89
02-17-16, 19:03
I agree on the sharp edges. I got one and have been impressed with the quality of the selector, but the edges are very uncomfortable. I am going to try and smooth them down a bit, and if it doesn't work I'll be getting another selector from BAD, as that is what I have on my other rifle.

Livefreeordie92
02-17-16, 19:13
The edges are sharp. I have one on one of my BCMs and I really like it other than the sharp edges.

Laust
02-17-16, 19:56
I was looking for a ambi selector last week and the sharp edge thing on the Seekins was what people were un happy with.
I wish I could have found the BAD selectors on sale for 39 bucks.

tog
02-17-16, 20:27
I picked up a Seekins ambi a couple of months ago for my 6920. I was not satisfied after installing it in the 90 degree mode. 1. It just seemed to have a more sloppy fit versus the original safety. 2. It didn't have that same sharp "click" as the original. 3. I didn't like the feel of the levers. 4. Totally my fault here-the color. For some reason I thought the blue would be cool. It looked horrendous. I couldn't wait to change that thing. Picked up a Colt ambi from G&R and have been a very happy boy ever since. (Thanks Grant).

noonesshowmonkey
02-17-16, 21:40
I have a Seekins ambi on my rifle. I really enjoy it. The engagement is very positive, and the base design lets me swap between 60 degree short throw and 90 degree standard throw at will.

The edges are harsher than a BADCASS, but not in a way that I found at all offensive.

Great little selectors.

EO3
02-17-16, 21:45
I'll be curious to hear opinions myself. I just about bought one then found the BAD selectors on sale for 39 bucks and went with them instead. However, I would be curious to hear feedback for future projects.

Where did you find this deal??

Iraqgunz
02-18-16, 02:23
I just saw one in a Facebook gun group I am in, that broke. If I wasn't using a Battle Arms version, I would go with the one that Colt uses on their LE6920 SOCOM.

quackhead
02-18-16, 04:12
I have no experiences with the seekins. I have used the BAD lever and enjoyed it. Got turned on to the Axts and have swapped all out for it. No filing down the "lawyer detent" and I think the way the levers attach are more secure- they are held in place by spring/detent vs. the BAD ones that screw in.

tog
02-18-16, 10:21
I just saw one in a Facebook gun group I am in, that broke. If I wasn't using a Battle Arms version, I would go with the one that Colt uses on their LE6920 SOCOM.

Was it the shaft? I can see how it might break since is has been "thinned" to accommodate a 60 degree install or a 90 degree. Looked like a weak point in the design.

SomeOtherGuy
02-18-16, 10:58
I have one in use. First tried to install it in an LMT lower. It was an extremely tight fit, and even with grease everywhere it was too tight and stiff to be useable. I removed it minutes later, and after a couple months used it to finish a forged Mega lower that I had lying around. In that one it works fine. I installed it in 60 degree (?) mode and I like the short throw. I agree with the comments that its edges are too sharp, although I painted the levers and that very slightly softened the sharp edges. Overall I think it's an interesting option but not nearly perfect.

I've used several other ambi selectors including the BAD-ASS, which I never warmed up to. My favorite is the LW Schneider selectors that are now being sold under several house names (PSA, Midway are two that I know of). They are basically a standard GI selector with a right side lever that attaches with a fairly large hex bolt. The left side lever is an integral part with the drum just like a standard selector, so there's a lot less risk of failure. I've seen these as cheap as $14. If you're happy with a 90 degree throw I think these are a top option.