PDA

View Full Version : Next Gun... DD Mk12, Barnes DMR or Armalite M15 LTC 18 or Competition 18

mikemac58
02-18-16, 06:33
I am looking for a good excuse to buy another gun that will be more precise/accurate than my Sig M400 Enhanced. Nothing wrong with the M400, my first AR. I am just looking to upgrade to a gun with a better trigger, more accurate barrel, free float hand guard, better stock, etc., and plan to leave the Sig alone.

My current options are listed in the subject. Primary use of the gun will be at the range, might want to try coyotes or pigs at some point, but primarily at the range. I appreciate any first hand experience regarding quality, accuracy, warranty, customer service, etc. on the guns listed.

The Armalite's are at my LGS and are very, very nice. Feel great. Almost a toss up between them. The DD and Barnes are nice as well, just out of town. The Armalites and Barnes are in the same price range. The DD are another $400/$500 more. Not much in print on the Armalite M15 other than positive changes in Armalite leadership recently has led to some nice new guns. Sounds like it is hard to go wrong with either DD or Barnes. I am leaning towards the Armalite LTC 18... it just felt good and well equipped.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!