PDA

View Full Version : 6 Dead in Kalamazoo MI Shootings

Vandal
02-21-16, 01:28
According to MSP the suspect, in custody, is a 45 year old white male. Shootings took place at or near a Cracker Barrel and KIA dealership.
Currently 6 are dead and 3 others injured. It is possibly connected to an earlier drive-by in the area.

The anti-gun machine's gears are already starting to turn I'm sure. The fallout will hit early in the morning.

6 Dead, 3 Injured in Michigan (http://fox17online.com/2016/02/20/police-man-randomly-shooting-in-kalamazoo-co-dead/)

SteyrAUG
02-21-16, 01:36
Meanwhile, in news that happens every day.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-lapd-officer-shooting-san-pedro-20160220-story.html

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/02/20/child-shot-while-playing-football-in-miami/

http://chicago.suntimes.com/crime/7/71/1341786/2-men-shot-wounded-chatham

http://abc7chicago.com/news/neighbor-12-year-old-shot-because-he-didnt-flash-gang-sign--/1207053/

Granted the Cracker Barrel is a new twist.

Vandal
02-21-16, 01:41
White guy is the shooter, of course it's going to make the news. Otherwise it doesn't work for "the cause".

elephant
02-21-16, 01:52
Workplace violence?

Benito
02-21-16, 02:28
Workplace violence?

Nah, that excuse is reserved for Muslim Jihad.
When White guys kill people it's institutional racism, and the only solution is "affirmative action"/electing Democrats/more 3rd World immigration/etc.

Moose-Knuckle
02-21-16, 03:34
According to MSP the suspect, in custody, is a 45 year old white male. Shootings took place at or near a Cracker Barrel and KIA dealership.

There is a joke in there somewhere . . .

TacticalSledgehammer
02-21-16, 08:28
He probably just realized his car lost half it's value when he first drove it off the lot.

Phillygunguy
02-21-16, 09:28
It's an election year, I'm sure there's going to be more " mass shootings" up until Obama is out of office no doubt this will be used by Obama Clinton,and the msm against the gop candidates.
Meanwhile I hope the rest of America is tired of the left politicizing gun control.

djegators
02-21-16, 09:58
Workplace violence?

Technically, yes! Reports are now that he was a Uber driver, and ran some fares in between murders

The man suspected of shooting eight people in the Kalamazoo area, killing six, was an Uber driver who was apparently taking fares in between opening fire at various locations, police tell 24 Hour News 8.

Authorities are investigating reports that J___ D___* dropped off a group of people at a Fairfield Inn in Texas Township, then went next door to the Cracker Barrel and opened fired on two vehicles, killing four people.

A woman at the hotel said she heard about 10 shots, then ran outside and saw the suspect driving away at a normal rate of speed from the scene.

People at the hotel said the passengers dropped off there were interviewed by police.

http://woodtv.com/2016/02/21/kzoo-county-deadly-rampage-suspect-who-is-jason-dalton/

Lnxgeek
02-21-16, 10:16
I hope the media concentrates on the Uber angle ...

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk 2

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-21-16, 10:40
These things just get crazier and crazier. They are getting to the point of being non-sequiturs. An Uber driver that shoots people between rides?

Firefly
02-21-16, 11:00
All I know is that blacks killing each other or killing white folks every other day is ho-hum page six.

But a disenfranchised angry white male going all Falling Down one day is a national emergency?

Yeah sure. Let's make more laws and light some candles and "reflect".

Shit happens.

SteyrAUG
02-21-16, 13:48
There is a joke in there somewhere . . .

I left it alone because a couple guys said we make racist comments sometimes.

MountainRaven
02-21-16, 15:26
So a taxi driver randomly goes crazy and starts killing people.

Are we sure that it wasn't one of the fares?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/4/45/Collateral_(Movie).jpg

Airhasz
02-21-16, 15:43
Rest in peace to all the innocent victims of this terrorist.

SomeOtherGuy
02-21-16, 16:03
It's a very sad day after this bizarre shooting spree. I'm thinking of the victims and their families. Not surprisingly, it appears that the victims were all innocent people, and likely chosen at random.

The alleged shooter is alive and in custody so I guess some answers are likely to come forth. I expect there will be some horrible dirt coming out about him, but no specific reports so far.

-----------

On the political side - this is tragic but likely won't have much political impact. At the state level Michigan is a decently pro-RKBA state that's been improving incrementally but steadily for many years. The Republicans have a lock on the legislature and this isn't going to change it. The current moderate Republican governor is only mildly pro-RKBA and he's in some political trouble from the Flint water issue, so whoever ends up as the Dem challenger next time around will, unfortunately, have decent odds of getting elected. Although the state overall is fairly moderate and slightly Rep leaning, the Dems who run the state Dem party are severe left-wing types and tend to toss up fairly ridiculous left-wing candidates for state office.

Michigan is not an easy state for ballot proposals, unlike CA or WA, so while I would expect the Bloomberg fascists to try and put something on the ballot, it's not likely to happen. And if it did, the chances of passage would be very, very low.

At the national level, sad to say but this is a relatively low victim count by mass murder standards, and since the victims were mostly or all white, and mostly older, it probably won't have the same political airtime nationally as it would if the victims were black or schoolchildren. Not saying that's right, not saying this is any less of a tragedy, just my assessment of the political angle.

elephant
02-21-16, 16:15

Vincent was a professional, I mean he just walked into Club Fever and wasted 9 people including a cop and walked out like he owned the place.

devildogljb
02-21-16, 17:56
Couldn't of said it better myself

jpmuscle
02-21-16, 18:03
UBCs for all uber drivers!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-21-16, 21:46
I can't imagine being one of his fares in between the shooting spree's and wondering why you were able to walk away. That would hold the rest of my life.

26 Inf
02-21-16, 22:40
I can't imagine being one of his fares in between the shooting spree's and wondering why you were able to walk away. That would hold the rest of my life.

You can go crazy that way...about a lot of stuff. It is still hard for me to comprehend how bent some people are.

SteyrAUG
02-21-16, 23:48

Yeah, that would be like being on the ground buckled into your seat and figuring out you are one of the only ones still alive after your plane crashed. Has to be surreal on levels few can even relate to.

SteyrAUG
02-21-16, 23:51
You can go crazy that way...about a lot of stuff. It is still hard for me to comprehend how bent some people are.

Even scarier is to understand how bent some people are. Of course the correlation is that it tends to make you less crazy when you accept the reality of the world. Lots of feral humans and some people are just broken and will never be right.

The only ones that concern me are the ones who don't give you any warning and seem like normal, reasonable people.

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-16, 03:26
The man suspected of shooting eight people in the Kalamazoo area, killing six, was an Uber driver who was apparently taking fares in between opening fire at various locations, police tell 24 Hour News 8.

Well I'll just add that to my list of reasons why I never have or ever will use a ride sharing program/app . . .

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-16, 03:37

https://farm2.staticflickr.com/1538/24893581610_939b382bb0_b.jpg

Moose-Knuckle
02-22-16, 03:46
UBCs for all uber drivers!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Google Uber driver protest background checks. Interesting.

You also have the anti-Uber protests/riots all over the world carried out by a bunch of pissed off cabbies: Anti-Uber protests err riots . . . (https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179750-Anti-Uber-protests-errr-riots)

Turns out there was a good reason all those decades ago regulations were established requiring taxi drivers to be vetted and acquire a chauffeur's license.

Then there are all the sexual assaults . . .

WillBrink
02-22-16, 07:56
Do we know the details on this POS? Legality of gun, type of gun, mental status, motivation claimed, etc? The standard model?

WillBrink
02-22-16, 08:00

One of his fares was on NPR and jokingly asked the driver if he was the shooter several times. Why didn't he kill his fares vs (supposedly) random people? Very strange.

7.62NATO
02-22-16, 08:03
Another person who should not have had guns.

7.62NATO
02-22-16, 08:14
The only thing that can stop a naughty Uber driver with a gun is a good Uber driver with a gun. Where are all the good guys with guns...

7.62NATO
02-22-16, 10:39
Some are quick to blame mental illness. Fact: The mentally ill are responsible for only about 4% of gun violence.

THCDDM4
02-22-16, 10:56
Some are quick to blame mental illness. Fact: The mentally ill are responsible for only about 4% of gun violence.

I don't blame anyone except the individual. Sometimes a parent or Parents can shoulder a bit of blame also, but still mostly just the individual.

Mental illness or none- people kill people- they have since the beginning of time; they will continue if guns were gone and when guns get replaced by the next technological advancement in weaponry/tools. Guns really have little to do with it other than being a tool used.

The correlation to guns/killings is laughable- as if magically owning an object makes you more likely to possess some type of habit or another. Of course in a socciety where guns are usually the best tool to kill someone they are going to be used as such. That's like saying during the 17th century swords and knives were used in 99% of killings (just a fluff stat, not real shite) so knives and swords and the people that own them are to blame. Or like saying 100% of deaths in a car happened by people in cars. SO cars and people who own them are to blame.

I will never give up my right, ability or tools to defend myself from individuals seeking me or my family harm. Ever- regardless of laws, society, etc.

If people would just get it through their heads that there is no such thing as safety and they as individuals need be prepared to defend themselves if necessary- we would all be a lot better off. No need to politicize the issue of self defense one way or another. If someone seeks to do you harm- you ABSOLUTELY have the right to stop them from doing so by inflicting violence upon them. Having the correct tool for the job is key to success. End of story.

It is impossible to legislate away human nature. Impossible to be "safe". Until we can alter genes (And I'm not on board with that concept either) we are at the mercy of our nature. Learn it, understand it, deal with it, live it, but stop ****ing with it and stop making excuses one way or the other about it.