PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Vote ONE SONG Out Of Existence...

SteyrAUG
02-22-16, 00:40
It would be as if it never existed, nobody ever heard it and more importantly you would have no knowledge of it. What one song would you forever get rid of?

For me "Big Yellow Taxi" (1970).

I hate folk music, I hate hippies and I hate hippie causes. This song if folk music by hippies about their stupid causes. It is everything I hate about everything in a single shitty song.

It's a musical lecture about how humans destroy the environment sung by horrible vocalist extraordinaire Joni Mitchell. The sound of her voice makes me want to spray CFCs into the air and drop DDT bombs in jungles. I would actually pay money to never hear this song again.

But that didn't stop some other no talent hack from making a cover in 1993 so there are now two shitty versions of the same horrible song.

My earliest memory of this horror is actually kindergarten when one of my obviously hippie POS teachers played this song for us. The song was explained to us, how people ruin everything good and make parking lots out of beautiful forests. Even then at that early age I remember thinking "So where did you park your ****ing car you stupid bitch?" "Is it in the parking lot outside, or did you trudge through the magic fairy forest to find the enchanted kindergarten school in the middle of wonderland?"

I remember thinking parking lots are probably a lot more useful than kindergarten teachers who really don't seem to be teaching us anything. I think babysitters who kept an eye on me when my parents went out to dinner probably did more actual work for a lot less money.

But I digress.

To explain why this song is bullshit let's here from the artist herself...

"I wrote 'Big Yellow Taxi' on my first trip to Hawaii. I took a taxi to the hotel and when I woke up the next morning, I threw back the curtains and saw these beautiful green mountains in the distance. Then, I looked down and there was a parking lot as far as the eye could see, and it broke my heart... this blight on paradise. That's when I sat down and wrote the song."

What this simple minded bitch seems to be missing is that without parking lots, she could have never gotten to an airport, could never have flown to Hawaii, could never have stayed at the hotel in question and as a result would have never been able to enjoy that magnificent view of the green mountains. But she is obviously a simple minded bitch that can't appreciate the wonders of modern conveniences like parking lots.

Personally I'd have preferred if she had to kill a tree, make a ****ing canoe out of it with her bare hands, somehow get her hippie California ass all the way to Hawaii and then walk all day and night through the jungles and right when she gets a open view through the tree canopy of those magnificent mountains, she is struck by a venomous snake and left to die on the jungle floor where she agonizes for two days suffering from dehydration as insects begin to devour her flesh with the dying thought that "If only somebody cleared the trees, built a place to stay like a hotel, with a road from the beach that I could drive on and then perhaps a place to park my car...then maybe I wouldn't be dying right now."

I think that would actually be a great song about the environment. We could call it "I'd still be alive if I could have parked my car someplace."

And in the irony of ironies, I have to wonder if she took a taxi from the airport to her hotel. But again I digress.

Sure these are all valid reasons to hate Mitchell and her soul destroying horrible music. But even worse, for some reason they continued to play this stupid crap long after people realized folk music sucks and hippies are drug addled retards who complain about things but never offer any viable solutions.

So growing up for the next 10 years when I was trying to do cool things like make airplane models, play with dinosaur toys and see what I could do next with me Evil Knievel stunt cycle toy they would play this crap on the AM radio I had over and ****ing over and ****ing over.

It was actually worse than the worst disco. In fact I'd rather listen to "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees once a week for the rest of my life than ever hear this horrible song again and by the time I was ten I had felt the same.

Thankfully sometime in the 1980s I began to listen to more urban music, which ironically enough was often about "life in the city" and I got a break from the hippie crap for several decades.

But now in what everyone calls middle age (even though I don't feel that much different from when I was 12) I tend to listen to the oldies station as my tastes have returned to classic rock like Zeppelin and the Beatles. But there's a problem, every now and then some aged "hippie who should be dead already" DJ decides folk music somehow constitutes classic rock and they play this ****ing piece of shit song again. And I swear it takes a few hours of concentrated Kraftwerk, Zeppelin and Prince to get that crap out of my head.

It truly is mental pollution. Plastic degrades in the environment faster than shitty music leaves your head. I should be allowed to file a class action lawsuit for emotional distress against Mitchell. Sadly her death has been reported a few times and each time it turnout of to be untrue. Which means there have been several instances of this song being played in remembrance prematurely and that means it will happen again at least one more time.

So if it were possible, that would be my nomination for the one song I'd like to remove from existence for all time.

wildcard600
02-22-16, 01:54
Pretty much anything by John Lennon.

Or "Hotel California". I love the Eagles, but that song sucks stale turds directly from a dogs asshole.

elephant
02-22-16, 03:20
Anything from Kanye West! I mean not to be rude but Tupac and Biggie were gunned down and no one will shoot Kanye?

firefighter37
02-22-16, 04:22
Anything from Kanye West! I mean not to be rude but Tupac and Biggie were gunned down and no one will shoot Kanye?

Took the words out of my mouth, I was gonna say whatever song made Kanye the most famous.

Firefly
02-22-16, 07:20
Jack and Diane.

It fills me with hatred.

ABNAK
02-22-16, 07:30
Blinded By the Light

Auto-X Fil
02-22-16, 07:32
Blinded By the Light

Are you joking? I would have thought Springsteen would be a favorite here. I love that album. It's my second-favorite of his, after Nebraska.

Firefly
02-22-16, 07:35

He's not worth shooting. Like he's the biggest oreo ever, married to a fat girl and his like step uncle is his aunt. Besides he's not really repping anybody. He's like Urkel.

2pac was an actual warrior poet who had some deep shit to say. He's not even dead. He's in Cuba under a new name.

Biggie was the talented minstrel of less than great means. He was like tge male version of Precious by Sapphire. His greatest line was "Super Nintendo Sega Genesis Some of the best things in life are this". He understood our struggles, he too dwellt in our ennui and he was set up by the covetous Puff Daddy and his greedy ways so he could hide behind samples and sell out while not focusing on what WE thought was real. He didn't understand US or OUR generation.

To us....BAD meant GOOD.

Bluto
02-22-16, 07:47
Disco Duck

jondoe297
02-22-16, 08:10
"Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors. I would vote that whole band out of existence. In my vision of Hell, I'm stuck in line somewhere surrounded by screaming children, while that song plays on the radio. For eternity.

BoringGuy45
02-22-16, 08:14
Ain't Seen Nothing Yet by Bachman-Turner Overdrive. Annoying and way, way, WAY overplayed.

Firefly
02-22-16, 08:16
"Two Princes" by the Spin Doctors. I would vote that whole band out of existence. In my vision of Hell, I'm stuck in line somewhere surrounded by screaming children, while that song plays on the radio. For eternity.

See, I hadn't thought of the Spin Doctors since the 90s then you brought it up.

The 90s were a weird time. People were either devil worshippers, peppy neon loud colors, heavy into gangster rap, or were really, really gunge, or blonde. Lots of Neuroses.

What a shrill decade.

uffdaphil
02-22-16, 08:33
Stairway To Heaven. I'd gladly give up the brain cell storage if they could cut it out of my head. It's the Antichrist to Whole Lotta Love.

Arik
02-22-16, 09:17
Most Nirvana. I just hated the way Cobain sang. It was like an annoying childish whining. Drives me nuts.

There's another one I can't think of that just never ends. They repeat the last lyrics over and over for like 2 minutes. The most annoying song ever. Should be used as torture

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Eurodriver
02-22-16, 09:19
Raspberry Beret.

I got mad love for Prince, but that song...

docsherm
02-22-16, 09:32
White Lion "When the Children Cry". It is a bunch of whining that after almost 30 still makes me want to kick a puppy.

That and that stupid Band Aid " Do they even know it's Christmas? ". A song for the famine in southern Ethiopia........ New flash retard....they are Fu#$ing muslims.....they don't give a sh@# if it is Christmas or not. What a bunch of ass clowns.

THCDDM4
02-22-16, 09:34
Lovefool by the Cardigans.

Anything by the Eagles, I ****ing hate the Eagles.

Anything by Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

I could go on and on with all the shitty music out there- but Lovefool by the Cardigans takes the cake. That song will invade your mind and have you singing it in your damn sleep even though you can't stand it. It must go!

daddyusmaximus
02-22-16, 09:45
I can't really think of any single song. I avoid crap I don't like, can't think of titles to songs I avoid like the plague. How about a genre? Any rap or hip-hop.

Shame on you guys dissing the Eagles, and Stairway To Heaven.

Dienekes
02-22-16, 09:52
Springtime at Michigan State, 1965. The house next to my gnarly co-op was a sorority full of American Barbie princesses. Don't know what the occasion was, but they played "Blowing In The Wind" over loudspeakers continuously for about 48 hours.

Getting drafted was a relief after that.

sevenhelmet
02-22-16, 10:03
"Love Shack" by the B52s. When I was in Japan about 12 years ago they were obsessed with it. They put even the worst top-10 FM station to shame over how much they overplayed it. I haven't been able to listen to it since. Or even think about it. Just typing the title made me want to throw up.

I'm surprised to see Springsteen, Eagles, and Led Zeppelin titles listed here!

Firefly
02-22-16, 10:20
Lovefool by the Cardigans.

Anything by the Eagles, I ****ing hate the Eagles.

Anything by Nirvana or Pearl Jam.

I could go on and on with all the shitty music out there- but Lovefool by the Cardigans takes the cake. That song will invade your mind and have you singing it in your damn sleep even though you can't stand it. It must go!

I'm gonna start calling you Casper, for you are DEAD TO ME, sir!

How dare you defecate on everything I love in one post.

And the first knob what speaks shite about Barbie Girl or Wonderwall will drive me into a hooligan rage.

Ever see Jason Statham from Eurotrip? That guy times a million I'll be.

brickboy240
02-22-16, 10:24
I agree.

Nirvana and Pearl Jam were way over rated bands, period.

THCDDM4
02-22-16, 10:24

And the first knob what speaks shite about Barbie Girl or Wonderwall will drive me into a hooligan rage.

This made me laugh PRETTY GOOD, thanks for the laugh brother! By the way I pictured you saying ^this^ while dancing Buffalo Bill style to "I'm too sexy for my shirt" in the mirror...

Another one that may piss you off is Chumbawumba: "I get knocked down, but I get up again, they aint ever gonna keep me down..." That one SUCKS DONKEY BALLS!

Campbell
02-22-16, 10:33

This, no question, no contest.

wildcard600
02-22-16, 10:34

Oh, you just had to mention Wonderwall. That song is just god awful. It was terrible in '95 before they played it a hundred million times and every dipshit high school hipster talked about how deep it was and how no other song in history could possibly relate to their emotional state of existence more than Wonderwall.

.46caliber
02-22-16, 10:39
Hotel California or Margaritaville.

Firefly
02-22-16, 10:39
Picrure me wearing me Adi shirt and slapping a tire iron on me palm reeking of Guiness and whores perfume.

Brb shaving my head.....
:)

brickboy240
02-22-16, 10:41
99.99% of the rap and hip hop garbage can just go away.

...and the culture it breeds.

pinzgauer
02-22-16, 11:15
I got mad love for Prince...

TMI...

Airhasz
02-22-16, 11:50
It would be as if it never existed, nobody ever heard it and more importantly you would have no knowledge of it. What one song would you forever get rid of?

For me "Big Yellow Taxi" (1970).

I hate folk music, I hate hippies and I hate hippie causes. This song if folk music by hippies about their stupid causes. It is everything I hate about everything in a single shitty song.

It's a musical lecture about how humans destroy the environment sung by horrible vocalist extraordinaire Joni Mitchell. The sound of her voice makes me want to spray CFCs into the air and drop DDT bombs in jungles. I would actually pay money to never hear this song again.

But that didn't stop some other no talent hack from making a cover in 1993 so there are now two shitty versions of the same horrible song.

My earliest memory of this horror is actually kindergarten when one of my obviously hippie POS teachers played this song for us. The song was explained to us, how people ruin everything good and make parking lots out of beautiful forests. Even then at that early age I remember thinking "So where did you park your ****ing car you stupid bitch?" "Is it in the parking lot outside, or did you trudge through the magic fairy forest to find the enchanted kindergarten school in the middle of wonderland?"

I remember thinking parking lots are probably a lot more useful than kindergarten teachers who really don't seem to be teaching us anything. I think babysitters who kept an eye on me when my parents went out to dinner probably did more actual work for a lot less money.

But I digress.

To explain why this song is bullshit let's here from the artist herself...

"I wrote 'Big Yellow Taxi' on my first trip to Hawaii. I took a taxi to the hotel and when I woke up the next morning, I threw back the curtains and saw these beautiful green mountains in the distance. Then, I looked down and there was a parking lot as far as the eye could see, and it broke my heart... this blight on paradise. That's when I sat down and wrote the song."

What this simple minded bitch seems to be missing is that without parking lots, she could have never gotten to an airport, could never have flown to Hawaii, could never have stayed at the hotel in question and as a result would have never been able to enjoy that magnificent view of the green mountains. But she is obviously a simple minded bitch that can't appreciate the wonders of modern conveniences like parking lots.

Personally I'd have preferred if she had to kill a tree, make a ****ing canoe out of it with her bare hands, somehow get her hippie California ass all the way to Hawaii and then walk all day and night through the jungles and right when she gets a open view through the tree canopy of those magnificent mountains, she is struck by a venomous snake and left to die on the jungle floor where she agonizes for two days suffering from dehydration as insects begin to devour her flesh with the dying thought that "If only somebody cleared the trees, built a place to stay like a hotel, with a road from the beach that I could drive on and then perhaps a place to park my car...then maybe I wouldn't be dying right now."

I think that would actually be a great song about the environment. We could call it "I'd still be alive if I could have parked my car someplace."

And in the irony of ironies, I have to wonder if she took a taxi from the airport to her hotel. But again I digress.

Sure these are all valid reasons to hate Mitchell and her soul destroying horrible music. But even worse, for some reason they continued to play this stupid crap long after people realized folk music sucks and hippies are drug addled retards who complain about things but never offer any viable solutions.

So growing up for the next 10 years when I was trying to do cool things like make airplane models, play with dinosaur toys and see what I could do next with me Evil Knievel stunt cycle toy they would play this crap on the AM radio I had over and ****ing over and ****ing over.

It was actually worse than the worst disco. In fact I'd rather listen to "Tragedy" by the Bee Gees once a week for the rest of my life than ever hear this horrible song again and by the time I was ten I had felt the same.

Thankfully sometime in the 1980s I began to listen to more urban music, which ironically enough was often about "life in the city" and I got a break from the hippie crap for several decades.

But now in what everyone calls middle age (even though I don't feel that much different from when I was 12) I tend to listen to the oldies station as my tastes have returned to classic rock like Zeppelin and the Beatles. But there's a problem, every now and then some aged "hippie who should be dead already" DJ decides folk music somehow constitutes classic rock and they play this ****ing piece of shit song again. And I swear it takes a few hours of concentrated Kraftwerk, Zeppelin and Prince to get that crap out of my head.

It truly is mental pollution. Plastic degrades in the environment faster than shitty music leaves your head. I should be allowed to file a class action lawsuit for emotional distress against Mitchell. Sadly her death has been reported a few times and each time it turnout of to be untrue. Which means there have been several instances of this song being played in remembrance prematurely and that means it will happen again at least one more time.

So if it were possible, that would be my nomination for the one song I'd like to remove from existence for all time.

Listen to some Orion Instrumental by Metallica, that's the cure for save the earth type music.

Watrdawg
02-22-16, 11:54
This is from my childhood. I'm only 5'5" and was always the smallest kid in class. So the year the song "Short People" came out was one of the worst years as a kid. Absolutely hate that song!

Airhasz
02-22-16, 11:56
I agree.

Best thing about PJ and Nirvana was they killed the stupid spandex, female makeup wearing hairbands like bonjovi.
For that I'll always be grateful.

glocktogo
02-22-16, 12:48
'Hey Mickey' by Toni Basil. Worst. Earworm. Ever... :(

Dishonorable Mention: 'Come On Eileen' by Dexys Midnight Runners :bad:

26 Inf
02-22-16, 13:03
Gangnam Style

elephant
02-22-16, 13:03

Im sorry, I cant pick up your sarcasm or your humor if you have any. Are you serious? Nirvana, over rated? I don't think so. Pearl Jam over rated- I think not! Im sure you think Alice In Chains is over rated too! You owe the entire music industry an apology.

Leaveammoforme
02-22-16, 13:11
The Itsy Bitsy Spider with all its subliminal messages about not giving up.

Doc Safari
02-22-16, 13:36
One? Just ONE?

1. Seasons in the Sun--Terry Jacks

I do not want to associate with anyone who loves this song. That's how much I hate it.

2. Anything...and I mean ANYTHING...that can be classified as hip hop.

3. Revolution 9--The Beatles

It's not even a song, right? It's just a collage of sound effects and tape loops and it is a blight on an otherwise fine album (The Beatles' White Album).

4. You Light Up My Life--Debby Boone

Pat Boone's daughter offers up the most saccharin, syrupy, stomach-churning ballad of all time. I have to both watch porn and listen to death metal after being subjected to this song.

5. Mrs. Brown You've Got a Lovely Daughter--Herman's Hermits

There is a reason why history does not remember things that suck.

6. You're Having my Baby--Paul Anka

Songs like this are the reason mankind saw fit to invent punk rock, and why heavy metal music will never die no matter how many people hate it.

7. Sister Ray--The Velvet Underground

If you want to listen to 17 minutes of someone chanting about someone "suckin' on that ding dong", then by all means, go ahead.

8. Tiptoe Through the Tulips--Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim must be experienced to be believed. Have the barf bag handy.

9. Afternoon Delight--The Starland Vocal Band

In the 1970's, when this song was being played hourly on the radio, I almost made a deal with God that I would give up sex if he would damn the people who created this song.

10. Bohemian Rhapsody--Queen

I know people will disagree with this choice. Truth be told, first I hated it, then liked it, then hated it again. Opera has no place in rock. Period.

MountainRaven
02-22-16, 13:47
Skrillex. Not a song, the whole thing. It can burn in a lake of fire for all eternity. And it should start now.

Big A
02-22-16, 13:52
One? Just ONE?

I know people will disagree with this choice. Truth be told, first I hated it, then liked it, then hated it again. Opera has no place in rock. Period.

HOW DARE YOU!

Big A
02-22-16, 13:54
Skrillex. Not a song, the whole thing. It can burn in a lake of fire for all eternity. And it should start now.

That stuff is not music...I don't know what it is, but music it damn sure ain't..

titsonritz
02-22-16, 14:09
I can't really think of any single song. I avoid crap I don't like, can't think of titles to songs I avoid like the plague. How about a genre? Any rap or hip-hop.

99.99% of the rap and hip hop garbage can just go away.

...and the culture it breeds.

This is what I was thinking.

KUSA
02-22-16, 14:31
Although there are many songs that are artistically worse than this, I hate this song with a passion. It makes my skin crawl.

I give you, come sail away.
http://youtu.be/e5MAg_yWsq8

sgtrock82
02-22-16, 15:14
Springsteen's "Born to run", my hate of this song keeps me warm on long winter nights. I cant stand the bells and trumpets and the whole cocaphony of non rocking sounds. I probably wouldnt hate this song as much if everyone would stop telling me how much I should like it, but no. They insist on droning on about how its about cars and street racing and springsteen and 'merica and... I just cant imagine any version of this universe where I dont want to gather up every copy of this song at the Stone Pony and burn the whole lot to the ground, plow salt into the earth and have a voodoo priestess place a curse on the sight.

.46caliber
02-22-16, 16:58
Although there are many songs that are artistically worse than this, I hate this song with a passion. It makes my skin crawl.

I give you, come sail away.
http://youtu.be/e5MAg_yWsq8

Listen to the version performed by Eric Cartman of South Park. You will learn to love it again.

SteyrAUG
02-22-16, 17:21
This is from my childhood. I'm only 5'5" and was always the smallest kid in class. So the year the song "Short People" came out was one of the worst years as a kid. Absolutely hate that song!

See I think you understand. A song that has actually done real harm. Most here seem to be voted for what get's played too much. That anyone would vote something like "Stairway to Heaven" out of existence because their local classic rock station plays it every day at rush hour really shows they don't get it.

One? Just ONE?

1. Seasons in the Sun--Terry Jacks

I do not want to associate with anyone who loves this song. That's how much I hate it.

Wasn't that bad, just over played. Also a little dark, sounded happy but lyrically depressing.

4. You Light Up My Life--Debby Boone

Pat Boone's daughter offers up the most saccharin, syrupy, stomach-churning ballad of all time. I have to both watch porn and listen to death metal after being subjected to this song.

Yes, this is a horrible little tune. Not sure if it would make my "worst ten" list but definitely bad.

8. Tiptoe Through the Tulips--Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim must be experienced to be believed. Have the barf bag handy.

Now here you are onto something. Of course it is everything by and associated with Tiny Tim, this is simply his worst achievement. But I don't really count childrens songs or we'd have to eradicate an entire class of music.

9. Afternoon Delight--The Starland Vocal Band

In the 1970's, when this song was being played hourly on the radio, I almost made a deal with God that I would give up sex if he would damn the people who created this song.

Ironically the song was about sex. The fact that they played it anywhere and everywhere made it a fantastic achievement. Family BBQ? By all means play Afternoon Delight. It wouldn't be until "Erotic City" by Prince that a blatantly sexual themed song would receive significant radio play again.

Possibly the greatest song ever made, ever. The fact that it works when it shouldn't is tribute to their genius.

I bet you can't name one song. I understand hating Kanye West, and I personally think most of his music is crap, but I'm betting few here actually know his work.

Raspberry Beret.

I got mad love for Prince, but that song...

Seriously? From that album "Pop Life" was easily more annoying.

Doc Safari
02-22-16, 17:29
Okay...songs that have done actual harm.

1. This Land is Your Land--Woody Guthrie

Communism made to sound patriotic. Nice.

2. Born in the USA--Bruce Springsteen

An anti-American song if ever there was one. I cringe when I see people waving the flag as this song plays. It was meant to be a commentary on how we should all be ashamed to be Americans. I wish a bunch of Navy Seals would beat the crap out of Bruce Springsteen.

3. Gloomy Sunday--Billie Holliday

Legend has it that thousands of people have committed suicide after hearing this song.

I want to commit suicide when I hear Debby Boone.

WickedWillis
02-22-16, 17:41
Bruce Springsteen. His existence.

SteyrAUG
02-22-16, 17:55
Okay...songs that have done actual harm.

1. This Land is Your Land--Woody Guthrie

Communism made to sound patriotic. Nice.

An anti-American song if ever there was one. I cringe when I see people waving the flag as this song plays. It was meant to be a commentary on how we should all be ashamed to be Americans. I wish a bunch of Navy Seals would beat the crap out of Bruce Springsteen.

3. Gloomy Sunday--Billie Holliday

Legend has it that thousands of people have committed suicide after hearing this song.

I want to commit suicide when I hear Debby Boone.

Holliday was the composer or actual artists. Additionally, most of the deaths attributed to it were likely the result of global depression, famine and poverty.

Not many suicides attributed to these artists who have done cover releases of the song and most Hungarian deaths are associated with the 1935 Kalmar version.

1935 – Katalin Karády
1936 – Paul Whiteman & Johnny Hauser
1936 – Damia (in French as "Sombre dimanche")
1936 – Noriko Awaya (in Japanese as "Kurai Nichiyōbi (暗い日曜日)")
1936 – Hildegarde
1936 – Agustín Magaldi (in Spanish as "Triste domingo"
1937 – Pyotr Leshchenko
1940 – Artie Shaw + Pauline Byrne
1946 – Luis Russell + Lee Richardson
1958 – Mel Tormé
1959 – Eila Pellinen (in Finnish as "Surullinen sunnuntai")
1961 – Sarah Vaughan
1961 – Lorez Alexandria
1962 – Ketty Lester
1962 – Lou Rawls
1967 – Carmen McRae
1968 – Genesis (the Los Angeles psychedelic rock band, not the UK progressive rock band)
1969 – Ray Charles
1969 – Big Maybelle (on Saga of the Good Life & Hard Times)
1972 – Viktor Klimenko (in Russian as "Ona pred ikonoi", Arseny Golenishchev-Kutuzov lyrics)
1975 – Jimmy Witherspoon (on Spoonful)
1977 – Etta Jones (on My Mother's Eyes)
1980 – Lydia Lunch (on Queen of Siam album)
1981 – Elvis Costello (Trust) (Sam M. Lewis, Rezső Seress)
1982 – Associates (Sulk) (Sam M. Lewis, Rezső Seress) (singer Billy Mackenzie committed suicide in 1997)
1983 – Marc Almond (Torment and Toreros) (Sam M. Lewis, Rezső Seress)
1984 – Peter Wolf (Lights Out) (Sam M. Lewis, Rezső Seress)
1985 – Harri Marstio (in Finnish, lyrics Reino Helismaa)
1986 – Christian Death (Atrocities) (Sam M. Lewis, Rezső Seress)
1987 – Dead Milkmen (as a bridge in their song "Blood Orgy of the Atomic Fern")
1987 – Serge Gainsbourg (French version)
1987 – Abbey Lincoln
1987 – Marianne Faithfull
1991 – Vlado Kreslin (Bela nedelja (Namesto koga roža cveti album)) (Vlado Kreslin lyrics)
1991 – Hot Club de Norvčge (The Best of Hot Club de Norvege with Ivar Brodahl On Violin)
1992 – Diamanda Galás (The Singer) (Desmond Carter lyrics)
1992 – Sinéad O'Connor
1992 – Woody Herman
1994 – Anton LaVey (Released it in his 10" "Strange Music")
1995 – Satan's Cheerleaders
1995 – Creed Taylor Orchestra
1996 – Sarah McLachlan (using Sam M. Lewis lyrics; from the Rarities, B-Sides, and Other Stuff album)
1998 – Danny Michel (from the "Clear" album)
1999 – The Smithereens (on God Save The Smithereens album)
1999 – Detlef Petersen (Orchestral version - soundtrack of "Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod - Gloomy Sunday")
1999 – Ben Becker (soundtrack of Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod - Gloomy Sunday – A Song of Love and Death)
1999 – Erika Marozsán (soundtrack of Ein Lied von Liebe und Tod - Gloomy Sunday – A Song of Love and Death)
2000 – Kronos Quartet (instrumental for string quartet)
2000 – Ricky Nelson (Legacy album)
2000 – Sarah Brightman (using Sam M. Lewis lyrics; on La Luna)
2001 – Heather Nova (on the South album)
2001 – Iva Bittová
2001 – NRG Ensemble (The Hal Russell Story)
2002 – Hans Koller (Lovers and Strangers)
2004 – Vlado Kreslin
2004 – Branford Marsalis Quartet
2005 – Venetian Snares (under Hungarian title "Öngyilkos vasárnap", literally meaning "Suicidal Sunday", incorporating a sample of Billie Holiday's 1941 rendition)
2005 – Jaurim in the album 靑春禮瓚 (청춘예찬, Ode to Youth)
2005 – Karin Krog
2005 – Herbie Mann (Herbie Mann String Album)
2006 – Eminemmylou on the country rap album Muthabanjo
2006 – Mickey Baker
2006 – Peter Herbert
2006 – Lucía Jiménez
2006 – Greta Keller
2006 – London Concertante
2006 – Quadro Nuevo
2007 – Lajos Dudas
2008 – Page Cavanaugh
2009 – Emilie Autumn (Billie Holiday lyrics - first 2 verses only)
2009 – Ryan “Chance” Bascombe (Hip Hop Remix - with a Billie Holiday Sample)
2010 – Leander Rising "Szomorú vasárnap"(Hungarian metal band)
2010 – Pallbearer (band) (demo)
2010 – Björk (Alexander McQueen Commemorial)
2011 – Marissa Nadler and Ryan Lee Crosby
2012 – Sarasvatī (on Mirror album)
2013 – Dax Riggs (live performances[18])
2013 – Diamant (made specially for Halloween 2013)[19]
2014 – Angelina Jordan (Norwegian Talent Show)[20]
2015 – Yudi Suryono (X Factor Indonesia)[21]
2015 – Epikurian (Remix-Noise Music Version, on Soundcloud)

Also Gloomy Sunday played in the film Schindler's List and I don't think that made anyone kill themselves.

Not going to dispute your other two choices. Valid criticisms.

JulyAZ
02-22-16, 18:01
Christmas music. Or any holiday music in general. Screw one song. I want the genre gone.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-22-16, 18:08
Happy Birthday

daddyusmaximus
02-22-16, 18:15

I forgot about that one. Yeah, it's upbeat sounding and people always rock out to it. I hate it, and every anti-American song. I'm no Seal, just a crippled old retired grunt, but I'd gladly jump in on that blanket party for bruce...

SilverBullet432
02-22-16, 19:35
That ANACONDA song needs to disappear.

FromMyColdDeadHand
02-22-16, 21:41
That ANACONDA song needs to disappear.

I thought you meant that old 'Baby got back' song. God I'm old.

SilverBullet432
02-22-16, 21:50
I should have specified: that video needs to disappear.

ABNAK
02-23-16, 05:49
Are you joking? I would have thought Springsteen would be a favorite here. I love that album. It's my second-favorite of his, after Nebraska.

Nope. Specifically referring to the Manfred Mann version but any iteration of that abomination of a song.

Oh, ANYTHING from Pearl Jam. Eddie Vedder's voice sounds like Springsteen choking on a dick. F*****g mush-mouth Eddie.......

Straight Shooter
02-23-16, 06:28
Seger's OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL....damn Ive almost broke a finger reaching for the off button so fast before.

KUSA
02-23-16, 08:07
Seger's OLD TIME ROCK & ROLL....damn Ive almost broke a finger reaching for the off button so fast before.

I agree 100%. I try to change the station before he starts singing.

TF82
02-23-16, 08:51
Wait, seriously, none of you have heard the song, "This Christmas"?

Just to be clear, this isn't about Christmas music in general or a song being overplayed this is about "This Christmas" by Donny Hathaway being the most rage inducing ****ing song ever produced in the history of mankind. Seriously, if you can't remember what I'm talking about look it up on YouTube. You'll want to kill me for getting you to do that.

Doc Safari
02-23-16, 09:16

I'll take K-K-K-K-K-Katmandu for two hundred Alex.

Bulletdog
02-23-16, 11:29
It took until page 5 for someone to mention hatred of Springsteen? I hate his politics, all of his songs, him , all the air he has exhaled in his lifetime, etc...

Still, my most hated song of all time has to be "Ebony and Ivory". I F**KING HATE HATE HATE that song. Just the thought of it is making me want to gouge my own eyes out!!! F**K YOU Mr. "If it has a face, don't eat it" McCartney. You can kiss my A$$!

And no, I'm not a racist in any way. I'm fine with the message, I just HATE the delivery.

Bulletdog
02-23-16, 11:33

This made me fall out of my chair laughing. I laughed almost as hard as I did during "Deadpool".

I had a bunch of hippy teachers too. Being the insolent little sh*t that I was, I didn't think these things, I said them out loud to them. I handed them their asses during gun control debates as a 14 year old...

I don't know your god-awful song, and I hope I never hear it, ever. Thanks for the warning. Great post sir!

KUSA
02-23-16, 11:39
Here's one that I don't miss.
http://youtu.be/M9BNoNFKCBI

BCmJUnKie
02-23-16, 11:41
This is a great thread. I love the answers.

It's funny how a song can save a life.....or invoke hatred from the deepest darkest hate filled place we didn't even know we had.

That being said, I would say anything by the Googoo dolls. I would put puppies in a blender to make it stop (maybe babies I love puppies.

Anyways if that shit comes on at work I leave, you can ask my clients. They think it's funny, so my professionalism isn't compromised.

brickboy240
02-23-16, 15:14
Springsteen has got to be one of the biggest douche bags in music (...along with Bono and Sting).

The guy struts around in faded jeans, a white t shirt and a leather jacket and acts like he is one of the "working class" people when he is nothing more than an elitist phony.

He, like Bono, sings about how the corporation is screwing the working man and so on....all along he uses a record corporation and a marketing corporation to sell his music and goods! He is also one of those climate clowns that rails on about pollution and green things while flying all over in a private jet and driving large gas guzzling limos and SUVs.

I would also throw Rage Against the Machine and their d-bag guitarist, Tom Morello into this ugly mix. They too rail on about how corporations and capitalism is ruining everything....all along, making millions by selling music and items with their band's logo through...yes...a corporation! They also love to talk about how wonderful socialism is and have a "reading list" on their website, to indoctrinate their dim witted gullible young fans. Ugh!

Most of these morons would not last 5 minutes in a socialist or communist country or would die without their private jet or large SUV.

VIP3R 237
02-24-16, 17:19
My hatred for this song has been building up for many years now. If you have worked Retail during Christmas season you may share my rage and angst...

If I could eradicate any one song it would be Little Drummer Boy and every single reincarnation of it, of which there are many, and there are high chances that they will play one after another after another...

Ryno12
02-24-16, 17:25
My hatred for this song has been building up for many years now. If you have worked Retail during Christmas season you may share my rage and angst...

If I could eradicate any one song it would be Little Drummer Boy and every single reincarnation of it, of which there are many, and there are high chances that they will play one after another after another...

Meanwhile... Ryno12's absolute FAVORITE Christmas song is Little Drummer Boy by Bob Seger.

...so pick another song to eradicate!

[emoji14]

VIP3R 237
02-24-16, 17:34
Meanwhile... Ryno12's absolute FAVORITE Christmas song is Little Drummer Boy by Bob Seger.

...so pick another song to eradicate!

[emoji14]

Haha really? Work retail for the holidays, that'll change real fast. :lol:

Ryno12
02-24-16, 17:37
Haha really? Work retail for the holidays, that'll change real fast. :lol:

Yep! In fact, I didn't hear at all this year over the holidays. I was bitching to my wife about when we were driving one day & I ended up playing it off my iPhone just so I could hear it once. :D

Ryno12
02-24-16, 17:44
I'd like to can that "Time Has Come Today" song by the Chamber Brothers. The part in the song where it slows down to an almost dead stop makes me want punch a kitten.

That & any Bob Dillon or Janice Joplin song. Neither of those two can sing to save their life. How they got record deals, I'll never know.

Digital_Damage
02-24-16, 18:44
Céline Dion - My Heart Will Go On... seriously **** that song

SteyrAUG
02-24-16, 21:38
It took until page 5 for someone to mention hatred of Springsteen? I hate his politics, all of his songs, him , all the air he has exhaled in his lifetime, etc...

Still, my most hated song of all time has to be "Ebony and Ivory". I F**KING HATE HATE HATE that song. Just the thought of it is making me want to gouge my own eyes out!!! F**K YOU Mr. "If it has a face, don't eat it" McCartney. You can kiss my A$$!

And no, I'm not a racist in any way. I'm fine with the message, I just HATE the delivery.

I always considered that more of a Stevie Wonder song. But I don't hate it nearly as much as that "We Are The World" shit.

SteyrAUG
02-24-16, 21:47
I'd like to can that "Time Has Come Today" song by the Chamber Brothers. The part in the song where it slows down to an almost dead stop makes me want punch a kitten.

That & any Bob Dillon or Janice Joplin song. Neither of those two can sing to save their life. How they got record deals, I'll never know.

Absolutely. Monotone ****ing mumbling idiot and a chalkboard screech of a woman. I don't know what anyone was thinking, you had guys like Hendrix who were actually redefining music and people were listening to Dylan and Joplin?

MountainRaven
02-24-16, 22:49

Kris Kristofferson can't- and Johnny Cash couldn't sing either.

(Not that that doesn't mean that I don't love their songs. Cuz I'm an American. And like all Americans, all real Americans, I love Johnny Cash. And can't hate Kris Kristofferson.)

williejc
02-24-16, 22:57
You have to be drunk to appreciate Johnny Cash, bless his soul.

I vote to ban "The Bird Is The Word". I was told that Eurodriver likes it.

Bulletdog
02-24-16, 23:23
Kris Kristofferson can't- and Johnny Cash couldn't sing either.

(Not that that doesn't mean that I don't love their songs. Cuz I'm an American. And like all Americans, all real Americans, I love Johnny Cash. And can't hate Kris Kristofferson.)

I've worked with Kris. He's a great person. I didn't even know he was a singer.

Johnny Cash grew on me as I got older. Didn't hate his music or anything as a kid, but I didn't really care for it either. In the last 10 years though, I've begin to enjoy and appreciate his music more and more.

Bulletdog
02-24-16, 23:25
Springsteen has got to be one of the biggest douche bags in music (...along with Bono and Sting).

The guy struts around in faded jeans, a white t shirt and a leather jacket and acts like he is one of the "working class" people when he is nothing more than an elitist phony.

He, like Bono, sings about how the corporation is screwing the working man and so on....all along he uses a record corporation and a marketing corporation to sell his music and goods! He is also one of those climate clowns that rails on about pollution and green things while flying all over in a private jet and driving large gas guzzling limos and SUVs.

I would also throw Rage Against the Machine and their d-bag guitarist, Tom Morello into this ugly mix. They too rail on about how corporations and capitalism is ruining everything....all along, making millions by selling music and items with their band's logo through...yes...a corporation! They also love to talk about how wonderful socialism is and have a "reading list" on their website, to indoctrinate their dim witted gullible young fans. Ugh!

Most of these morons would not last 5 minutes in a socialist or communist country or would die without their private jet or large SUV.

Amen, and thank you. Agreed on all counts.

MountainRaven
02-24-16, 23:45
I've worked with Kris. He's a great person. I didn't even know he was a singer.

Johnny Cash grew on me as I got older. Didn't hate his music or anything as a kid, but I didn't really care for it either. In the last 10 years though, I've begin to enjoy and appreciate his music more and more.

Here's Kris with Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, and Waylon Jennings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hi94mMed6EQ

I'm not the greatest fan of Johnny Cash's older stuff, but the things he did later in life I'm quite fond of, like "God's Gonna Cut You Down," "The Man Comes Around," and his cover of Nine Inch Nails's "Hurt".

SteyrAUG
02-25-16, 00:45
You have to be drunk to appreciate Johnny Cash, bless his soul.

I vote to ban "The Bird Is The Word". I was told that Eurodriver likes it.

Full Metal Jacket wouldn't be the same without it.

Singlestack Wonder
02-25-16, 08:23
'Everybody wants to rule the world" by the one hit wonder tears for queers duo.

brickboy240
02-25-16, 10:47
How about anything by Maroon 5?

I swear, next to Coldplay, that is the gayest crap, ever!!! Candy-coated garbage.

I was actually shocked when I found out their singer was NOT gay. How is it that twit is NOT gay? LOL