PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Arms CMR Mid FSP

uniform64
02-22-16, 10:48
Saw this on their Instagram feed. Looks good.

masenomics
02-22-16, 11:06
With the popularity of mid lengths these days it's about time someone did this, I'm very interested.

titsonritz
02-22-16, 13:07
This is good news, I'll be keeping my eyes open for these. I bet it also means a new carbine version will be coming out as well.

PrivateCitizen
02-22-16, 13:17
Click for biggie:

seedubs1
02-22-16, 13:22
I've been waiting for something like this. An m-lok handguard with FSP cutout for a mid length would be very nice.

titsonritz
02-22-16, 13:35
I'm trying to picture how to install this rail. It is one piece and I'm not seeing how to access the FSP pins.

uniform64
02-22-16, 13:43
I was trying to figure that out too

Uprange41
02-22-16, 13:54
Most likely insert FSB into the slot, install gas tube, slide both on the barrel together, pin the FSB, and then finish installing the handguard as normal.

uniform64
02-22-16, 13:57
Normally takes a lot of force to pound the taper pins back in, is there another method? I was wondering about the same thing for a DD RIS II FSP. Thanks

docsherm
02-22-16, 14:10
Normally takes a lot of force to pound the taper pins back in, is there another method? I was wondering about the same thing for a DD RIS II FSP. Thanks

No, that is the way I have installed several DD Lite FSP rails. Not as hard as it seems.

PrivateCitizen
02-22-16, 15:27
I'd be all over it … but I am confused why Centurion only went MLOK at 3-6-9. Having slots at the 45s really seems to improve options … also more comfortable for me.

The image above looks like you can reach the FSP pins via the slots. Not sure how you'd stabilize the barrel for driving them though …

lahunter57
02-22-16, 15:34
I'd be all over it … but I am confused why Centurion only went MLOK at 3-6-9. Having slots at the 45s really seems to improve options … also more comfortable for me.

The image above looks like you can reach the FSP pins via the slots. Not sure how you'd stabilize the barrel for driving them though …

I'm pretty sure that is not MLOK. That rail uses the traditional CMR accessory attachment method that screws into the holes you see between the lightening/ventilation cuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

masenomics
02-22-16, 16:05
The DD RIS II fsp is a two piece rail, the bottom screws to the top rail after it is installed first. And I agree that rail doesn't look to be M-lok.

PrivateCitizen
02-22-16, 16:31
I'm pretty sure that is not MLOK. That rail uses the traditional CMR accessory attachment method that screws into the holes you see between the lightening/ventilation cuts.

Right about the MLOK. Was so distracted by the rest of it I just assumed. Seems odd to not be MLOK or Keymod on many new efforts … but it is what it is.

Thanks for the correction.

opngrnd
02-22-16, 16:58
This is good news, I'll be keeping my eyes open for these. I bet it also means a new carbine version will be coming out as well.

I'd love a carbine FSB version.

Uprange41
02-22-16, 17:42
Same. I can live quite comfortably with a 9" Mid Length rail, but a non-quad rail Carbine FSP from a company like Centurion would be fantastic.

Still, I want one of these.

Right about the MLOK. Was so distracted by the rest of it I just assumed. Seems odd to not be MLOK or Keymod on many new efforts … but it is what it is.

Thanks for the correction.
They're starting M-LOK and KeyMod now, one would assume that this would be offered in both down the line.

Iraqgunz
02-22-16, 22:22
I'm pretty certain that Monty made the rail (a small batch of them) because he wanted a CMR midlength cut out. There are other new rails coming including the updated CMR MLOK and KeyMod versions which were mentioned in another thread.

SkiDevil
02-23-16, 03:08

Yes, this version please!:cool:

seedubs1
02-23-16, 07:17
Good. Modular rails are out for me, as are quad rails. If it's not M-lok or key mod, I won't be buying.

Same. I can live quite comfortably with a 9" Mid Length rail, but a non-quad rail Carbine FSP from a company like Centurion would be fantastic.

Still, I want one of these.

They're starting M-LOK and KeyMod now, one would assume that this would be offered in both down the line.

bigrobbierob
02-23-16, 21:05
The instal thing has me stumped. But if they do offer it with M-Lok count me in.

JG007
02-25-16, 22:18
Its nice to see more midlength options, my bcm 16" has the troy because they were the first and only company making a midlength cut out