PDA

View Full Version : Stag complete lower + BCM Middy = GTG?

Lonestar.45
08-17-08, 15:39
On a whim I picked up a Stag complete lower at the funshow today. It's my second. My first, I topped off with an LMT Upper. I'm planning on topping off this second Stag lower with a BCM Middy I ordered, along with an LMT BCG.

What's the consensus on the Stag factory lowers? The two I have both have Milspec extensions, which is nice, and good triggers. The Stag/LMT combo I currently have runs perfect and I've had zero problems so far, which is why I went with Stag again.

I guess my question is, should I have ponied up the extra $$ and tried to get a LMT Defender lower or something? I think the BCM middy and LMT BCG ought to be tough as nails and good to go, just wondering whether the lower I chose is up to the same standards.

PRGGodfather
08-17-08, 16:24
Definitely GTG!

rifleshooter
08-17-08, 18:38
No problem there a really good choice and quality parts.:)

rob_s
08-17-08, 18:49
Mind if I ask what you paid for the Stag complete lower?

cqbdriver
08-17-08, 18:56
I have 3 Stag lowers. On two lowers, it is hard to remove the take down pin & pivot pin, but they can be done my hand. The third lower requires a punch which is very annoying. I have tried all three on different brand uppers & no difference.

I have the BCM Mid coming in next week that I plan to use on a Double Star lower. Hopefully, it won't be that tight.

Lonestar.45
08-17-08, 20:46
Mind if I ask what you paid for the Stag complete lower?

I paid $250 out the door. Probably not the cheapest around, but saved me the hassel of ordering, paying shipping and an FFL transfer fee, etc. I've previously bought a Stag lower from this same dealer, and a DPMS, both complete factory jobs. They had RRA, DPMS, and Stag today all for the same price so I went with the Stag because of the milspec extension tube. The DPMS stock and tube sucked on the one I bought previously. Lesson learned (that was before started coming here and learning the differences in parts). The Stag locks up good with both of my Bushmaster superlite uppers, and my LMT upper.

I found one dealer with LMT Defender lowers at the show. He had two in stock. Both with the SOPMOD stocks. The single stage trigger was $499, the double stage was $599. I passed.

I also saw a Saber Defence M4 for the first time in person today. It was factory new and complete, and it looked every bit as good as the new Colt 6920 next to it. Price was $945. The Colt was $1350. The interesting thing about the Sabre was it had a 1/9 twist barrel.

Solid
08-17-08, 22:54
I have a Stag lower on my BCM M4 upper. The fit is nice and tight, but if finish bothers you the BCM is slightly darker and glossier.