PDA

View Full Version : What is an OPS4 ambi upper worth?

HansTheHobbit
02-24-16, 07:41
I'm planning on selling my OPS4 ambi upper on armslist, but I can't remember how much I paid for it, and conveniently they don't make them anymore. I was researching prices, and I couldn't find a single one for sale anywhere, but I came across a forum where several people were saying that they're now worth more since they're no longer made.

So if anyone knows the current market value of the OPS4 ambi upper I would appreciate an FYI. Also, does anyone know how to tell the difference between the forged and billet OPS4 uppers. I have absolutely no idea which one I have. Thanks!

TheNegativeOne
02-24-16, 09:07
I was told long ago that something is worth only what another is willing to pay for it. So save it for a panic.

HansTheHobbit
02-24-16, 09:46
I was told long ago that something is worth only what another is willing to pay for it. So save it for a panic.

Well, that's what I'm trying to find out. I don't want to be a schmuck and ask too little for it. As for saving it for a panic, I highly doubt that's going to happen. Even back in 2013, uppers weren't all that rare, and I'm pretty sure that 2013 was a once in a lifetime event.

GH41
02-24-16, 15:53
There is a reason they aren't made any longer. If you want to find out what it's really worth list it on GunBroker with no reserve.

HansTheHobbit
02-24-16, 16:51
There is a reason they aren't made any longer. If you want to find out what it's really worth list it on GunBroker with no reserve.

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I couldn't find any negative comments about them on any of the forums. In fact, benchrest shooters seem to love them. Everything I read, people were disappointed that Remington didn't keep making them when they acquired LAR. As for listing it on gunbroker with no reserve, I don't think that would be very wise considering I don't know what they go for. If I can't get a halfway decent price then I'll just keep it.

GH41
02-24-16, 18:50
I'm not sure what you mean by that. I couldn't find any negative comments about them on any of the forums. In fact, benchrest shooters seem to love them. Everything I read, people were disappointed that Remington didn't keep making them when they acquired LAR. As for listing it on gunbroker with no reserve, I don't think that would be very wise considering I don't know what they go for. If I can't get a halfway decent price then I'll just keep it.

In that case list it on Gunbroker with no reserve and if you don't get the bid you want buy it from yourself. Like it or not it is only worth what you can sell it for. If it will make you feel better I think $10,000 is a fair price. Good luck getting it though.

HansTheHobbit
02-24-16, 20:06
In that case list it on Gunbroker with no reserve and if you don't get the bid you want buy it from yourself. Like it or not it is only worth what you can sell it for. If it will make you feel better I think $10,000 is a fair price. Good luck getting it though.

First of all, that's the kind of thing that gets you negative feedback ratings. Secondly, I asked a very simple question, not for a lecture.

wildcard600
02-24-16, 20:23
First of all, that's the kind of thing that gets you negative feedback ratings. Secondly, I asked a very simple question, not for a lecture.

You asked. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean his point isn't valid.

List it for whatever you want out of it and if it sells great, if not you are asking too much. Look at some of the EE threads that have stuff sitting for years because of the price. Its worth what someone will give you for it.

HansTheHobbit
02-24-16, 20:58
You asked. Just because you don't like the answer doesn't mean his point isn't valid.

List it for whatever you want out of it and if it sells great, if not you are asking too much. Look at some of the EE threads that have stuff sitting for years because of the price. Its worth what someone will give you for it.

Again, that's what I'm trying to find out! And no, suggesting that I rig an auction is not a valid point. Quite frankly, I don't even know what to say to people like that. How would you guys like to watch an auction for an entire week thinking you're about to get a good deal just to have it suddenly yanked out from underneath you by the seller?

wildcard600
02-24-16, 21:28
Again, that's what I'm trying to find out! And no, suggesting that I rig an auction is not a valid point. Quite frankly, I don't even know what to say to people like that. How would you guys like to watch an auction for an entire week thinking you're about to get a good deal just to have it suddenly yanked out from underneath you by the seller?

I was referring to "its worth what someone will buy it for". If you aren't willing to let it go at auction for whatever price the market will bear, then it really doesn't sound like you are willing to part with it.

Looks like $430 is too much -

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=532188164

Tzook
02-24-16, 21:33
http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/LAR_Grizzly_223_OPSPS_4_Side_Charge_Upper_Receiver_p/lar-223-ops-4-stripped-ambi.htm

That the correct product? Joebob's is 344 plus shipping.