PDA

View Full Version : 308 Suppressor recommendations

A5scott
02-25-16, 11:01
So, I'm building a 12.5" 308. I realize that some or many may think that's not the best idea, but I have a form 1 in on a 308 lower, and I'm trying to find a can for it.

I'm strength compromised, so lightweight is very important. Durable, full auto rated. descent sound reduction, DT or QD is fine. Trying to stay away from titanium, as i get the impression titanium won't hold up as well as other alloys.

in no particular order, rugged razor, SiCo Hybrid, omega, Sig direct thread (no idea when they are available), gemtech dagger but it's titanium.

just curious if anyone has any that they like for short 308

thanks
scott

KalashniKEV
02-25-16, 11:16
So, I'm building a 12.5" 308.

Don't.

I'm strength compromised, so lightweight is very important.

Homey, is you for real?

A5scott
02-25-16, 11:31
Why am I not real? um, yes, I'm disabled. I have spinal cord tumors making a mess of my spinal cord, from C2 to T1. Are you a neurosurgeon? I had surgery in '09, and now I'm a lefty, and my entire body is weak. If anyone needs a neurosurgeon, I know pretty much the top few. I used to rock climb lots of big cliffs and play ice hockey, now I have difficulty walking. I'm happy as shit, and living the dream, so thanks for the reply, homey.

I already have two 16" 308 AR types, and I'm making something shorter. I have a barrett M82 that I can still shoot, so I can handle the recoil.

thanks again for your reply.

scott

sva01
02-25-16, 11:45
Omega isn't rated for a barrel that short in that caliber and I don't think Hybrid is either...

A5scott
02-25-16, 11:50
correct, they aren't, wasn't sure about the Hybrid, but it's not.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silencerco/support/barrel+restrictions.pdf

punkey71
02-25-16, 12:20
Sandman S (no restrictions) and Griffin 30SD (12.5) but both are about 18-19ozs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noodles
02-25-16, 12:26
http://www.arcimboldeb.com/img/eventi/armi5/4.jpg

Imo, there is nothing inherently wrong with a 12" 308. If I was in a group of people actually kicking in doors, I think a 12" suppressed would be a good gun. However... I recognize that I would need to really train with that gun in order to be able to control the recoil and handling. That everything about that gun would be larger, harder, slower and heavier than with a 556 or 300. And I'd consider that training to also apply to my physical condition.

I kicked this idea around, and decided that while cool to have a real heavy hitter, it just wasn't for me. In reality, should I ever have a carbine in a defensive situation, I don't think being faster and having more endurance with a much smaller gun is a bad trade.

That said... What is the Socom 762-RC rated down to? Seems like one of the best bets.....

Edit: nevermind.... Lightweight..... Um.... Skip the QD. It's kind dumb and automatically adds 4oz. I'd tune the gun to the can, and that can is part of that gun. Light thread on can. DeadAir's Ti iirc, SIG, maybe Griffin, not sure. You're asking about two entirely opposite spectrums with that.

SC-Texas
02-25-16, 13:08
Surefire Genesis?
Sig srd762 thread on?
Sandman TI

The dead air would be the first choice

www.AtomicLabRat.com

BufordTJustice
02-25-16, 18:50
It seems the Saker 7.62 should be considered as well, no?

domestique
02-26-16, 07:21
It seems the Saker 7.62 should be considered as well, no?

That's what run on a pinned LMT 14.5" 308. It's the strongest can suggested IIRC. I only went under 16" because I have a couple LMT barrels, and this is purely a range toy/HOG hunter. With a Law Tactical folder, it is silly maneuverable.

SF Genesis: reported to be 18" by Kudu22
Omega: 16"
Hybrid: 16"

OP, I would go Saker with either the direct thread, or ASR MAAD mount.

A5scott
02-27-16, 00:38
yes, thanks, I'm trying to find a sig srd762, weighs 15 ounces, direct thread. The saker 762 looks great but at 20 ounces, just too big. I'm hoping the sig comes out in a couple months. Gemtech sandstorm looks sweet at about 13 ounces.

My brother has an MR762, probably the softest shooting 308 I have shot, the buffer system is a bit bigger. looks great as a SBR.

thanks again
scott

Aries144
02-27-16, 03:13
Given your situation, I think the best choice would be the Sig 762 thread-on- if it comes available when you're in the market to buy.

If the Sig doesn't make it in time for you, the 16.8oz Sandman Ti might be worth investigating.

Best of luck with your decision and happy shooting!