PDA

View Full Version : Glock MOS

steve m
02-25-16, 14:37
sorry if this has been posted about already

Thinking of jumping into the MRDS on pistol. What is every ones take on the MOS series from Glock?

Are they good to go or plagued with issues?

Thanks

DirectTo
02-25-16, 15:30
They're normal Gen 4 Glocks so you can expect the typical level of reliability and parts availability.

Because of the way they mount (being milled out of the slide, then using an adapter plate to accommodate multiple optics) they sit higher than a regular milled slide allows for. As such, normal suppressor-height sights do not work for co-witness. A few sights are coming to market I believe.

So, you trade availability of backup sights for the ability to swap the optics versus being committed to, and milling for, one type.

Springfield
02-26-16, 00:33
That G40 longslide 10mm looks like a deer killing machine, might have to get one some day.

SamM
02-27-16, 23:49
There is a thread already here about the MOS. I just purchased a G19 MOS. Trijicon makes night sights that co-witness with the Trijicon RMR perfectly.

SamM

misanthropist
02-27-16, 23:54
They're normal Gen 4 Glocks so you can expect the typical level of reliability and parts availability.

Because of the way they mount (being milled out of the slide, then using an adapter plate to accommodate multiple optics) they sit higher than a regular milled slide allows for. As such, normal suppressor-height sights do not work for co-witness. A few sights are coming to market I believe.

So, you trade availability of backup sights for the ability to swap the optics versus being committed to, and milling for, one type.

Okay, what sights are you using?

I have the factory (non-suppressor) sights on mine, and I can still use them after installing an MRDS.

I have suppressor sights and don't use them because they're unnecessary. Standard suppressor sights are HIGHER than necessary.

DirectTo
02-28-16, 02:06
Okay, what sights are you using?

I have the factory (non-suppressor) sights on mine, and I can still use them after installing an MRDS.

I have suppressor sights and don't use them because they're unnecessary. Standard suppressor sights are HIGHER than necessary.
I've got standard Trijicon night sights on mine and currently no RDS. I purchased and ran a Fastfire on mine for a bit but removed it and installed the flat plate so it could go into my carry rotation (I don't want to carry a RDS because I'm not anywhere as fast with it so far).

I also run standard sights on my G17 I keep my can on. I'm a "shoot through" guy.

misanthropist
02-28-16, 02:11
Well, there are plenty of MRDSs that work fine with factory sights.

Atombomb
02-28-16, 12:08
Any one know if they sell the slides separately and how much?

mayonaise
02-28-16, 12:08
That G40 longslide 10mm looks like a deer killing machine, might have to get one some day.

Most RDS' don't hold up to to the beating from full power 10mm.

FlyingHunter
02-28-16, 18:00
Any one know if they sell the slides separately and how much?

Yes, GunBroker has them. Here's one for $470.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=544778684

Your welcome.

Turnkey11
02-28-16, 19:49
Yes, GunBroker has them. Here's one for $470.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=544778684

Your welcome.

Ouch, might as well just buy the gun.

FlyingHunter
02-28-16, 19:57
Ouch, might as well just buy the gun.

Exactly what I did