PDA

View Full Version : LMT CQB MRP upper with Anderson lower- replace trigger or the whole lower?

DrBroussard
02-25-16, 21:33
I have an LMT CQB MRP upper with an Anderson lower and a basic lower kit. The upper and lower seems to fit tightly and function well. I can see space between the upper and lower but there is no wiggle. I bought a Geissele SSA Trigger on sale. Is it worthy installing this trigger in the Anderson lower, or would you recommend completely replacing the lower to get the most out of this rifle? I want the most reliable rifle possible, but money is slightly sensitive and I don't want to pay for more if there is not going to be a real difference. All opinions appreciated, and data is gold.

t15
02-25-16, 21:49
If you do a search you will see a long thread about Anderson lowers.

If the gun runs now, nothing will change with the SSA. No reason why you can't take it out later.

Building the most reliable AR possible is like asking someone to keep moving 50% closer to a wall. You already did great by getting an LMT upper.

Assuming your Anderson is in spec, there's no real reason to switch it out. I don't know what brand LPK you used, but that's just as important.

Unfortunately there is no easy button for stripped lowers. I think MEGA and battle arms development are probably the best stripped options. You can get BCM and LMT complete lowers for less than $400.

If I were you, I'd put the trigger in and run a few cases of ammo with new magazines and call 'er good!

pinzgauer
02-26-16, 10:11
Complete LMT lower has gone up a bit, but I can still get them in low $300s. (LMT L7C2.) Sell the Anderson as a complete lower and you may break even.

Also the uplift for the LMT defender with 2 stage is less than aftermarket triggers and I find them very good. ( but I'm a 2 stage guy) but subjectively, the break on the lmt 2nd stage is as crisp and light as the SSA and SSA-E that I compared it to.

No way I'd keep the LMT upper on an Anderson lower for the nominal cost it'd take to make it all LMT goodness.

Besides, how many non Colt/KAC/HK AR owners can say they have a rifle selected by a major military? And components by the same company used the US mil and elite units as well as NATO allies?

Blackhalo
02-26-16, 10:28
Leave it as is. At least I would. You already have a perfectly good lower with everything put together. LMT is good stuff, but they make machining errors like anyone else.

Hell, I just got an enhanced carrier straight from LMT(turned out it was not even an enhanced carrier that I ordered, just standard) that the cam pin wouldn't fit through the bolt at a straight angle, and the bolt was BCM removed from a working BCM carrier. But something was off on that carrier, either gas key alignment etc.. I sent them a picture, and they'll get it switched out but still.

Kinda off topic, but my point is. If you have a in spec put together lower, why switch?

HelloLarry
02-26-16, 17:49
I don't know why you'd ditch the Anderson unless you just like to burn cash.

It works. It's as good as any lower you'd pay double or even triple for.

AM-15
02-26-16, 18:10
I have an LMT CQB MRP upper with an Anderson lower and a basic lower kit. The upper and lower seems to fit tightly and function well. I can see space between the upper and lower but there is no wiggle. I bought a Geissele SSA Trigger on sale. Is it worthy installing this trigger in the Anderson lower, or would you recommend completely replacing the lower to get the most out of this rifle? I want the most reliable rifle possible, but money is slightly sensitive and I don't want to pay for more if there is not going to be a real difference. All opinions appreciated, and data is gold.

SSA-E and National Match in two Anderson lowers.
Example of two, good to go.

Clarence

wildcard600
02-26-16, 19:13
If it works, run it. I see no reason to switch lowers if nothing is wrong.

DrBroussard
02-27-16, 22:01
thanks for your comments, I was worried someone may have some experience with or have seen some weakness or something prone to fail in an Anderson lower but it sounds like that may not be the case after all

strambo
02-28-16, 11:20
My MRP rides on a CMMG lower that I SBR'd, and I have a few Andersons. As others said, a different lower won't do squat for reliability. Do it if you want to spend the coin to up the quality of the lower to match the upper for aesthetic reasons, like buy an LMT defender lower with Sopmod, then build a different carbine out of the Anderson.

whosoeverhector
02-29-16, 03:51
I have an SD-C, SD-E, G2S, and DMR in (4) Anderson lowers. They were my only option in CA due to our ridiculous registration laws that came into effect in 2013. But the fit well with my BCM uppers. Triggers run flawless as well!

b2dap1
02-29-16, 05:21
BCM upper on Anderson lower. Wilson Combat TTU Mil-Spec trigger. Runs flawless for at least a couple thousand rounds by now.

themonk
02-29-16, 06:49
Complete LMT lower has gone up a bit, but I can still get them in low $300s. (LMT L7C2.) Sell the Anderson as a complete lower and you may break even.

Also the uplift for the LMT defender with 2 stage is less than aftermarket triggers and I find them very good. ( but I'm a 2 stage guy) but subjectively, the break on the lmt 2nd stage is as crisp and light as the SSA and SSA-E that I compared it to.

No way I'd keep the LMT upper on an Anderson lower for the nominal cost it'd take to make it all LMT goodness.

Besides, how many non Colt/KAC/HK AR owners can say they have a rifle selected by a major military? And components by the same company used the US mil and elite units as well as NATO allies?

I agree with pinzgauer, his plan is sound.

How many rifles do you have? If just the one, plan B might be - run it as is and at some point I guarantee you will get another upper. Uppers have a tendency to grow lowers and I would keep the anderson around as your range/build lower. You know it works and dont really have any issues but it sounds like you may not fully trust your life to it. When you have the cash I would get a LMT lower for the CQB.

Livefreeordie92
03-14-16, 09:34
I have two Anderson lowers that have been fine for me. One has a BCM upper with an H1 and a Surefire M300 with an sr07 switch. The trigger is a Geissele G2S. It works fine for me and te fitment is tight so I see no reason to change the lower. It works fine.