PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone make a 12" 870 barrel threaded for the 870 standoff/choke?

Noodles
02-26-16, 12:11
I'm looking for a 12-12.5" barrel that takes the Remington standoff / rem chokes.

This guy: http://www.tbstactical.com/media/catalog/product/7/6/76112.jpg

I'd prefer XS sights, but they only make a 14" no choke, as best I can find. So, I'm going to have to give up a little on sight preference I think. Short of the XS sort of rifle sights, I wouldn't mind a fiber, but no silly magnet stuff. I may look into having sights brazed on.

But the barrel is the first issue. Anyone seen one of these?

GH41
02-26-16, 15:41
Get any take off barrel that fits your 870 and have it cut and threaded for tubes. It's not that complicated or expensive.

CRAMBONE
02-26-16, 16:12
The pic you posted is cylinder bore, so unless you're setting this up as a breacher I don't see what it would matter?

Noodles
02-26-16, 16:37
The pic you posted is cylinder bore, so unless you're setting this up as a breacher I don't see what it would matter?

Yes, a stand off. It really doesn't matter what the example is of, it's a threaded choke system.

Noodles
02-26-16, 16:38
Get any take off barrel that fits your 870 and have it cut and threaded for tubes. It's not that complicated or expensive.

From what I have found, it might not be that easy. Many barrels seem to have not have enough material for chokes. The only other barrels I have I'd like to sell or keep. So, I'm buying a new barrel no matter what, might as well buy something pre-threaded if possible.