PDA

View Full Version : ? for those of you with PX access

platoonDaddy
02-26-16, 15:15
Within the last two years, Ft Meade started selling firearms and all of their Glocks are non-blue label. Initially when I asked, they had no idea about the Glock Blue Label Program. Recently they informed me that the supplier will not ship Blue Label Glocks.

Just curious if this is across the board or just local to Ft Meade.

GTF425
02-26-16, 15:29
Never seen a blue label at the PX.

BrigandTwoFour
02-26-16, 15:59
Never seen one. But, hell, the BX at my base only sells Gen IIIs since the Gen IV isn't on the California roster of approved handguns.

26 Inf
02-26-16, 16:42
Wouldn't the answer be that you have to be a stocking Glock Law Enforcement dealer?

It is not like every LGS gets a specific amount of Blue-Label Glocks, they have to be an LE dealer.

Averageman
02-27-16, 05:51
Wouldn't the answer be that you have to be a stocking Glock Law Enforcement dealer?

It is not like every LGS gets a specific amount of Blue-Label Glocks, they have to be an LE dealer.

We've got one local LE dealer where a .mil guy can go and pick up a Blue Label Glock. I think that Glock may limit how many of these there are in order to limit competition between them. I doubt if you will ever see a Blue Label Glock ever being sold at the PX.
The Local LE Dealer is a very old guy and kind of grumpy, but he sells a hell of a lot of pistols.

GTF425
02-27-16, 12:43
I'm not sure how the program works for dealers (maybe Grant can chime in), but when I was at Bragg I went to one local dealer that was very good about keeping them in stock. I would call the woman who ran their LE sales, and she called me whenever they got a Blue Label I was looking for. I believe the way it worked was they put the order in with Glock, and whenever they got them in is what they had. I never heard them say they had a limit on how many they could have on hand, but they never had a big selection because they flew off the shelves with many being sold the day they got them.

It's a good deal getting a Blue Label and breaking even with retail price after dropping on a set of Trij HDs or Dawson adjustables.