PDA

View Full Version : American Defense AD-RECON Mount?

NYH1
02-26-16, 22:29
How well do the ADM AD-RECON Mounts return to zero when they're removed and reinstalled? I'm looking for a mount to put on my "kinda" MK12ish build.

It's going to have a scope on it pretty much all of the time. However, I have Troy front and rear BUIS for it that I'd like to use every once in a while.

Are the ADM AD-RECON Mounts good to go or is there a similar mount that's more reliable as far as returning to zero when removed and put back on?

My build has a Colt upper receiver, Daniel Defense S2W 18" barrel w/rifle length gas system and a pinned on gas block, Centurion Arms C4 BCG, BCM Mod 0-556 Gunfighter Comp & Ambi Charge Handle, Apex Machine FF HG to go on my Colt MT6400 (6920) lower w/Magpul MOE Rifle Stock. I've had and have a few different AR's.....this however is my first build so I'm pretty excited! :D

Thanks, NYH1.

Jwknutson17
02-26-16, 23:07
I have a ADM recon mount and have removed and reinstalled over 15 times without ever having to re zero the rifle. I pull the optic off frequently at the range to practice with my irons. Never an issue for me. I am a sample of 1 though. Maybe others have a different experience.

NYH1
02-27-16, 01:26
Ok, that's the kind of info I'm looking for.

Thanks for replying, NYH1.

lt211
02-27-16, 07:39
I have a ADM recon mount and have removed and reinstalled over 15 times without ever having to re zero the rifle. I pull the optic off frequently at the range to practice with my irons. Never an issue for me. I am a sample of 1 though. Maybe others have a different experience.

I second this... I only use their mounts. Currently on a 2.5X10 night Force and Aimpoints and I am a believer. I would advise you to get the Tactical Levers if you "pull the optic off frequently".
Always push the mount forward on the rail before clamping down so you have consistency and that is where it will end up if it does travel which of course it shouldn't if it's adjusted properly.

NYH1
02-27-16, 08:23
lt211, what do I have to do to get the Tactical Levers you mentioned?

Thanks, NYH1.

lt211
02-27-16, 08:40
lt211, what do I have to do to get the Tactical Levers you mentioned?

Thanks, NYH1.

take a look at their site they give you the option when you order, definitely worth it:

https://www.americandefensemanufacturing.com/view/product/5/

Benito
02-28-16, 01:11
How well do the ADM AD-RECON Mounts return to zero when they're removed and reinstalled? I'm looking for a mount to put on my "kinda" MK12ish build.

It's going to have a scope on it pretty much all of the time. However, I have Troy front and rear BUIS for it that I'd like to use every once in a while.

Are the ADM AD-RECON Mounts good to go or is there a similar mount that's more reliable as far as returning to zero when removed and put back on?

My build has a Colt upper receiver, Daniel Defense S2W 18" barrel w/rifle length gas system and a pinned on gas block, Centurion Arms C4 BCG, BCM Mod 0-556 Gunfighter Comp & Ambi Charge Handle, Apex Machine FF HG to go on my Colt MT6400 (6920) lower w/Magpul MOE Rifle Stock. I've had and have a few different AR's.....this however is my first build so I'm pretty excited! :D

Thanks, NYH1.

Personal opinion here:
If you are going to have it scoped virtually all of the time and still want to use irons occasionally, use offset irons. That way you don't have to remove your scope and deal with return to zero.

Tequila45
02-29-16, 18:38
I remove mine as I prefer my son to learn irons before he gets into optics and scoped rifles. It has always returned to zero. The qd levers are quick and easy no need for offset irons.

Singlestack Wonder
02-29-16, 19:39
I have several of these mounts. Solid, repeatable RTZ, and no damage to rails. While one can't go wrong with several other manufacturers, I've stuck with ADM for many years with no complaints.

NYH1
02-29-16, 22:03
Personal opinion here:
If you are going to have it scoped virtually all of the time and still want to use irons occasionally, use offset irons. That way you don't have to remove your scope and deal with return to zero.
Those offset sights aren't for me. I'm sure they work well for those that are interested in them, just not me.

Thanks, NYH1.

Digital_Damage
03-01-16, 09:17
ADM is one of the worst in RTZ

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?179529-Are-lightweight-mounts-strong-enough-to-do-the-job&p=2262134#post2262134

R0N
03-01-16, 16:47
How large was the sample size of both mounts and receivers and how many iterations were done during the tests?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Digital_Damage
03-01-16, 17:32
How large was the sample size of both mounts and receivers and how many iterations were done during the tests?

That is a publicly available result set, multiple private test showed close to the same results with base plates (not receivers) that are within tolerances of .001.

lt211
03-01-16, 17:50
if I read this correctly the ADM was off 1/8th of an inch at 100 yards and 1.25 inches at 1000 yards?

Alphasig
03-01-16, 19:20
I have an adm mount that switch between two 6.8. It stays one all the except when I do load development and then I switch them. When switching back, I don't have to just the poi of impact. If I do it about .5. I check it when I switch it. I'm a little paranoid