PDA

View Full Version : BCM middy's arive

GONIF
08-18-08, 14:52
post man just delivered my 2 BCM middy's from Global Tactical ,fast and freight free. they look magnificent . maybe I can sneak out and break them in this afternoon.:D:D:D

M4arc
08-18-08, 15:06
Pictures man, pictures!

warpigM-4
08-18-08, 16:26
Pictures man, pictures!
what he said:D

Snake
08-18-08, 20:39
mine's supposed to be coming in this week from G&R. Can't wait!

28_days
08-18-08, 20:50
The wait is killing me. I hope that second batch arrives soon.

COLT6933
08-19-08, 21:15
Mine came in this morning. Just waiting on a LaRue 9.0

lalakai
08-19-08, 21:48
Mine came in this morning. Just waiting on a LaRue 9.0

same package i ordered but i'm a coward and gonna have Grant install the LaRue. Though if LaRue doesn't ship their product soon, may have to opt for Daniels instead.

RogerinTPA
08-19-08, 22:05
Cool, what lowers are you gonna mount em on? Are the Middies bare or did u have rails installed?

El Mac
08-19-08, 22:28
How do they stack up against Noveske's?

lalakai
08-20-08, 07:17
Cool, what lowers are you gonna mount em on? Are the Middies bare or did u have rails installed?

middy ordered just has FSB, midlength gastube, BCM upper. Planning on having LaRue 9" tactical rails installed....................if they ever get in stock. Going with a Stag lower.

How do they stack up against Noveske's?

:eek: lol you will find several threads covering this comparison.

I have been shopping, comparing, evaluating for nearly a year; if the BCM's hadn't arrived, I was planning on the Noveske 16" N4. Both barrels have excellent reps and will likely "outshoot" the abilities of their owners' for a long time. I opted for BCM because of their attention to detail and fanatical demand that all of their merchandise is above and beyond what is expected. If BCM sells it you are guarenteed that it has been extensively tested.

you won't go wrong with either. good luck

rob_s
08-20-08, 07:36
Mine is due to arrive today and should be here when I get home this evening.

BCM upper
LMT BCG (Grant was out of the BCMs)
Plastic handguards
Charging handle
Aimpoint C3 in ADM mount
BCM M4 stock kit

I'll be adding a Larue BUIS and mounting the whole thing on a built-up DSA lower with CMT LPK, MOE pistol grip, the BCM stock, and a BFG Victory sling.

This will become my loaner/training gun for newbies. If they want irons, take the Aimpoint off.

Anyone want to buy a Colt 6520? :eek:

28_days
08-20-08, 11:19
Mine is due to arrive today and should be here when I get home this evening.

BCM upper
LMT BCG (Grant was out of the BCMs)
Plastic handguards
Charging handle
Aimpoint C3 in ADM mount
BCM M4 stock kit

I'll be adding a Larue BUIS and mounting the whole thing on a built-up DSA lower with CMT LPK, MOE pistol grip, the BCM stock, and a BFG Victory sling.

This will become my loaner/training gun for newbies. If they want irons, take the Aimpoint off.

Anyone want to buy a Colt 6520? :eek:

Are you getting the Larue BUIS with the same-plane feature? Or just the standard version? Is it worth it for $25?

rob_s
08-20-08, 11:30
Had no idea there was more than one LT. This (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=29) is what I'm going with.

GONIF
08-20-08, 12:57
went with the Troy BUIS on mine.:D

rob_s
08-20-08, 13:29
went with the Troy BUIS on mine.:D

Thinking about it.

For a newbie, thinking it might be better to give them a gun with a sight that can fold down out of the way of their sight picture. At least at the rear. Still weighing the options.

28_days
08-20-08, 22:08
Had no idea there was more than one LT. This (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=29) is what I'm going with.

If you look under Aperture you'll see the option for a "same plane". Being new (and having most of my knowledge come from forums, not "real life"), I fail to see what the advantage is. I realize with a same plan aperture that both the short and long range apertures are zeroed at the same time, but is this a feature that is necessary for someone who plans on staying under 200 yards?

EDIT: I'm interested to see what you go with. I'm still trying to decide between the Larue, LMT, or Troy.

rob_s
08-21-08, 04:44
Interesting, I don't think it used to be like that. Frankly, at $115 the LT isn't the deal it was supposed to be. The main reason for going with it was that this is supposed to be a "budget" gun. Since that makes the Troy only $25 more, I'll likely wind up with the Troy.

28_days
08-21-08, 09:44
Interesting, I don't think it used to be like that. Frankly, at $115 the LT isn't the deal it was supposed to be. The main reason for going with it was that this is supposed to be a "budget" gun. Since that makes the Troy only $25 more, I'll likely wind up with the Troy.

I think most would agree. Only Larue could sell such a product for $90-115. They had the right idea, but missed the mark a bit. ;)

rmecapn
08-21-08, 09:50
The main reason for going with it was that this is supposed to be a "budget" gun.

Man Rob, my idea of a budget BUIS would have been a Matech! :D

rob_s
08-21-08, 09:53
I guess if they're using the standard A2 aperture on the regular sight (a $20 part) vs. the XS same-plane A2 aperture (a $40 part) that explains the price difference.

I don't see any reason why a same-plane would cost two times what a standard part costs though.

target4fun
08-24-08, 00:45
Pics?

Furry Jello
08-25-08, 11:41
Here is mine. It is on an LMT lower.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/furryjello/newar_small.jpg

el guapo
08-26-08, 00:00
Here is mine. It is on an LMT lower.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/furryjello/newar_small.jpg

Nice. I am hoping to do the exact same thing if I can score the BCM upper. Any more pics? Weight?

jmart
08-26-08, 00:11
I don't see any reason why a same-plane would cost two times what a standard part costs though.

Because people are willing to pay for it. Same reason a lot of things in life are priced the way they are.

Furry Jello
08-26-08, 08:54
Nice. I am hoping to do the exact same thing if I can score the BCM upper. Any more pics? Weight?

Nope, I only took the one.

7.0 lbs without the mag and flashlight.

M16A1
08-26-08, 11:13
I've run across one listed for $450, which appears to be a bare upper, or at least nothing else is mentioned as included.

28_days
08-26-08, 11:26
I've run across one listed for $450, which appears to be a bare upper, or at least nothing else is mentioned as included.

Pick it up. That's what they cost. :)

M16A1
08-26-08, 11:48
I have one sitting in Hodgkins IL for the past 3 days, but it should start moving today.