PDA

View Full Version : HK VP9S/C? Any recent rumors?

Brahmzy
03-01-16, 07:41
I know as soon as I invest in 2 new holsters for my new VP9, the compact VP9 will be announced.
Anybody hear any rumors at SHOT or anything?

ralph
03-01-16, 08:27
Different bits and pieces I've heard suggest that HK may bypass the "C" altogether, and go with a SK, Only time will tell if this is true or not. Nobody knows what HK is going to do next, sometimes not even HK...

okie john
03-01-16, 10:22
Different bits and pieces I've heard suggest that HK may bypass the "C" altogether, and go with a SK, Only time will tell if this is true or not. Nobody knows what HK is going to do next, sometimes not even HK...

Either of these would be fine. I love the VP9 but it's just a bit too big to conceal easily. Anything smaller would be a huge step up.

Okie John

domestique
03-01-16, 10:22
Over at HKPRO, they speculate any new products being introduced at the NRA show in May..... but that's just rumors.

I personally want to see a VP9SK, VP9 tactical with RMR cutout, and a VP45.

WickedWillis
03-01-16, 11:14
Over at HKPRO, they speculate any new products being introduced at the NRA show in May..... but that's just rumors.

I personally want to see a VP9SK, VP9 tactical with RMR cutout, and a VP45.

Historically this is accurate. HK waits to reveal new guns (recently the P30sk) at the NRA show instead of SHOT.

carolvs
03-01-16, 14:09
VP9LS please. I'll take three.

Brahmzy
03-01-16, 22:03
Silly question about the P30SK - does it have any mag mods to accommodate a pinky, like say my USP9C, or is it strictly a pinkies-off affair? Trying to envision what direction HK would go with a compact VP9.

domestique
03-01-16, 22:45
Silly question about the P30SK - does it have any mag mods to accommodate a pinky, like say my USP9C, or is it strictly a pinkies-off affair? Trying to envision what direction HK would go with a compact VP9.

I believe HK may be working on a factory version, or IIRC, some people have made their own with P2000/USP bases

Another option is to use the Taylor Freelance +3 extension. I think he also makes +1, and +2 extensions as well.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-01-16, 22:49
I wish someone would sit them down and tell them that the $$ is in putting out a gun G19 sized or smaller that is GTG out of the box without having to worry about extractor this, gen that, ejector this. I would send my engineers in and if they came out with a gun that didn't hold 15 rounds and wasn't at least as trim as the G19 I would fire them.

Coal Dragger
03-01-16, 22:57
Greg hits the nail on the head.

G19 size, with G19 capacity. Add HK reliability so it runs out of the box. For bonus points incorporate HK grip adjustability, the excellent VP9 trigger, and put on a good set of night sights with a ledge on the front for one hand manipulation. = Profit.

domestique
03-01-16, 23:00

Here you go.

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-handgun-talk/32514d1433624398-ok-yeah-me-too-twist-p2000skmag-p30sk.jpg

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/hk-handgun-talk/32513d1433624352-ok-yeah-me-too-twist-p2000skmag-p30skmag.jpg

domestique
03-01-16, 23:13
I wish someone would sit them down and tell them that the $$ is in putting out a gun G19 sized or smaller that is GTG out of the box without having to worry about extractor this, gen that, ejector this. I would send my engineers in and if they came out with a gun that didn't hold 15 rounds and wasn't at least as trim as the G19 I would fire them.

I agree with you, and would like the VP9 shortened in some key places (slide length, grip), but I doubt HK will ever do that. The VP9 is already REALLY close to G19 size.

ETA: The physics to have a shorter grip and still maintain 15 rounds just isn't there.

HK should have started with by making the VP9 LARGER (i.e. G17 or bigger in size) and then made a 13/14 round G19 size. Instead they are in no man's land where going smaller is too close to the original VP9.

VP9 and G19 overlay
http://www.hkpro.com/forum/attachments/massachusetts/24283d1409674545-vp9-finally-ma-approved-glock19vshkvp9-c_zpsd409e164.jpg

My perfect carry gun:
A G19 size P30 "compact" with hammer, LEM trigger, 2 dot Heine night sights, 15 rounds, and the ability to mount a Surefire X300 Ultra.... but physics would never allow that. The grip would be ungodly wide, and you lose the ergos of the HK. 13 rounds would most likely be doable. Right now the best I can do is a P30SK (LEM) with a Taylor Freelance +3 extension.

Edit: The VP9 is actually already at the G17 size.... but lacks the extra capacity due to having the more ergo grip.

VP9 vs G17
http://www.utahgunexchange.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/HK_VP9_vs_Glock_17_Kjernelinje.png

montrala
03-02-16, 04:14
It is not a problem to have 15 rounds in 13rd P2000 magazine. You just need to modify follower and baseplate or use after market follower (I had good experience with Grams competition follower and spring set in HK magazines). Lower capacity is result of decision made by HK, that they prefer reliability and durability* of magazines over capacity. If you put Glock spring ad follower

* - I use same P2000SK magazines for 12 years with original springs. My P30 magazines (used extensively in competition and I only had 4 of those, so every one seen lot of use) have over 9 years with original springs and still work fine.

noops
03-02-16, 07:40
yeah sorta +1 to that. I like the P30 and VP9, but the size/usefulness ratio of the G19 is high for me.

joe.a
03-02-16, 07:57
If I recall correctly, there was a member here who chopped a VP9 grip to accept P2000 Mags. The chopped grip plus the course of action Montrala took would give you a nice little setup.

Side note: I wonder if any company would start offering the VP9 chop as a standard service. AFAIK, no one does yet.

okie john
03-02-16, 08:13
Edit: The VP9 is actually already at the G17 size.... but lacks the extra capacity due to having the more ergo grip.

VP9 vs G17

Yeah. There just isn't that much difference between the G17 and the G19, but it's in all the right places.

Okie John

RAM Engineer
03-02-16, 10:41
I would be fine with a G-19 sized HK, even if I was restricted to 13 rounds in a flush-fit baseplate. I realize that the P2000 is this gun in a hammer-fired gun, but I prefer the ergos of the P30 & VP9 guns (minus the trigger trench).

Also on my wishlist:
1. Factory +2, +4 and 140mm extended mags. 28-33 round handgun mags are for the birds.
2. Front sights in a variety of widths and heights. Tritium and Fiber Optic (10-8 has this covered for now)
3. Rear sights: Something fixed, like a 10-8 with u-notch and a choice of notch widths, but ALSO a low-profile adjustable rear sight (also with notch width choice. See Dawson for what I mean).
4. Factory RMR option, both slide mount and something ALG-6-second-ish.
5. Holsters, holsters, holsters! Everything by Raven and Safariland.

This is the chicken and egg scenario that would elevate HK to Glock status in my eyes. But you don't get 1-5 until you are selling a metric buttload of guns and you don't sell a metric buttload of guns out from under Glock unless you have 1-5.

domestique
03-02-16, 10:47
I would be fine with a G-19 sized HK, even if I was restricted to 13 rounds in a flush-fit baseplate. I realize that the P2000 is this gun in a hammer-fired gun, but I prefer the ergos of the P30 & VP9 guns (minus the trigger trench).

Also on my wishlist:
1. Factory +2, +4 and 140mm extended mags. 28-33 round handgun mags are for the birds.
2. Front sights in a variety of widths and heights. Tritium and Fiber Optic (10-8 has this covered for now)
3. Rear sights: Something fixed, like a 10-8 with u-notch and a choice of notch widths, but ALSO a low-profile adjustable rear sight (also with notch width choice. See Dawson for what I mean).
4. Factory RMR option, both slide mount and something ALG-6-second-ish.
5. Holsters, holsters, holsters! Everything by Raven and Safariland.

This is the chicken and egg scenario that would elevate HK to Glock status in my eyes. But you don't get 1-5 until you are selling a metric buttload of guns and you don't sell a metric buttload of guns out from under Glock unless you have 1-5.

IIRC, a German magazine from last year hinted to a RMR version, 20 round factory magazines, and a suppressor ready version.

Hopefully we know more in May.

WickedWillis
03-02-16, 12:55
IIRC, a German magazine from last year hinted to a RMR version, 20 round factory magazines, and a suppressor ready version.

Hopefully we know more in May.

Well yes to all of that. Although Mags will probably be $75 a piece

Brahmzy
03-06-16, 05:45
Thanks for the info all.

Speaking of holsters, are any of you guys running any of Stealthgear's IWB or OWBs? With your VP9s or USP9Cs?

montrala
03-08-16, 08:33
Rumor from my friend at HK is not to hold breath for different sizes of VP9/40 in close future.

noonesshowmonkey
03-08-16, 09:15
Greg really nailed it. The world needs a Glock 19 competitor in the worst way. A slimmed down p30 for a hammer fired and a slimmed down vp9 would be grand. The p2000 is great and all, but the evolutionary steps that make the p30 and vp9 attractive are steps that I want maintained in a compact handgun.

As is, for the size and weight profile, the Glock 19 is almost impossible to beat.

The two defining measurements are the slim width, and the length of the grip.

Set those two metrics and deliver HK engineering to the rest, and I'd buy three tomorrow.

Primus Pilum
03-08-16, 13:52
The VP9 CCW easier than a G19 IMO. I carry both and the VP9 is much more comfortable. I would love to see a VP9SK on the market to replace the G26.

Brahmzy
03-08-16, 18:56
^^ What Holster(s) do you use with the VP9? Lookin' real hard at the Stealthgear stuff..

Primus Pilum
03-08-16, 19:32
SHTF IWB. They run a line of kevlar thread through kydex into the leather which is a nice fail safe for the fastners. Every bit as good as a comp-tac and similar products for about $55.

https://www.shtfgear.com/products/ace-1-gen-2-holster

samuse
03-09-16, 00:59
They could've updated the P2000 to have a rail that's actually useful years ago.

The VP is what is.

HK is in bad financial shape. Will be interesting to see where the company goes in the pretty near future.

ralph
03-09-16, 09:01
They could've updated the P2000 to have a rail that's actually useful years ago.

The VP is what is.
HK is in bad financial shape. Will be interesting to see where the company goes in the pretty near future.

Well, if they don't get their heads out of their asses, it's pretty clear where they're going..

MichaelVain
03-09-16, 09:15
Rumor from my friend at HK is not to hold breath for different sizes of VP9/40 in close future.

That's too bad. Wayne Weber (Head of HK-USA) told us that we should expect compact models of the VP9 soon (this was during our live fire visit with HK in Nov). After asking what "soon" was in HK time, I got the impression that the time frame would be about a year or 2 after VP9.

So...hopefully at least by end of 2016 we hear about it, if not at least getting it.

RAM Engineer
03-09-16, 10:00

What is not useful about the P2000 rail? Is it not 1913 spec? I've never messed with it so I'm actually curious, as this is the first complaint I've read about that aspect.

MichaelVain
03-09-16, 10:21
What is not useful about the P2000 rail? Is it not 1913 spec? I've never messed with it so I'm actually curious, as this is the first complaint I've read about that aspect.

The P2000 has a 1 slot rail, it's not a multi slot rail like the HK45 for example.

samuse
03-09-16, 13:23

It's a weird size that doesn't fit an X300 well at all.

I think the P2000 is the best pistol H&K has ever made. I carried one (9mm V3) for a long time and still would if I was able to run one like I do a 9mm Glock.

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-09-16, 17:13
It does work fine--have one on mine right now--but it looks odd sticking off the front.

domestique
03-10-16, 07:13
It does work fine--have one on mine right now--but it looks odd sticking off the front.

The light?

I actually prefer lights to stick out the front. Less risk of an out of battery malfunction if you are forced to do a contact shot.