PDA

View Full Version : Rejected Form 1 (eform).....

domestique
03-02-16, 16:48
Damn it!

I just got an email that my Form 1 that was submitted 12/27/2015 was rejected because I put "CZ Scorpion Evo A1" instead of S1, and that my refund was in process.

Is there any number I can contact to just edit the form by 1 letter, and not loose 2 months of waiting?

EDIT TO ADD: For anyone doing Evos. You need to use: "CZ Scorpion Evo 3 S1". I thought I screwed up the A1 vs S1, but I forgot the "CZ".

SC-Texas
03-02-16, 17:05
Call Ted clutter

www.AtomicLabRat.com

BigWaylon
03-02-16, 17:59
Refund is already in process. Just means you'll have to front the ATF another $200. Resubmit, and follow these instructions (https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/07/what-to-do-if-your-atf-eform-i.html). Do it tonight, probably have an approved form before the weekend.

BTW...I think it's completely stupid that you have to put CZ in the model name. You already put it as manufacturer. But, even though people used to get approved w/o it, I've seen multiple forms disapproved in the last month for not having CZ in the beginning of the model name. I sent Gary, Kim and Ted emails about it twice, but can't get a response.

SC-Texas
03-02-16, 18:07
Sometimes If you speak to the examiner they will fast track the new form

www.AtomicLabRat.com

domestique
03-02-16, 18:09
Call Ted clutter

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow. I just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone with the help desk trying to reset my password..... just for them to realize the eform site is down.

BigWaylon
03-02-16, 18:48
Seriously. Just follow the instructions in the link I posted. Email Ted the serial number plus the old and new control numbers. He does this every day.

Or don't listen...makes no difference to me.

taymag
03-02-16, 19:03
Refund is already in process. Just means you'll have to front the ATF another $200. Resubmit, and follow these instructions (https://www.guntrustlawyer.com/2014/07/what-to-do-if-your-atf-eform-i.html). Do it tonight, probably have an approved form before the weekend.

BTW...I think it's completely stupid that you have to put CZ in the model name. You already put it as manufacturer. But, even though people used to get approved w/o it, I've seen multiple forms disapproved in the last month for not having CZ in the beginning of the model name. I sent Gary, Kim and Ted emails about it twice, but can't get a response.

Do this.. I read a post from BigWaylon on another forum and did it when it happened to me, was approved 2 days later. The refund on the other hand doesn't come as fast

SC-Texas
03-02-16, 19:15
Basically. What I am saying to do is what bigwaylon said to do if that wasn't clear.

www.AtomicLabRat.com

SC-Texas
03-02-16, 19:16
I have had clients refile, call Ted and have their forms approved withing. Few days. That is what bigwaylon is doing and he is correct

www.AtomicLabRat.com

SC-Texas
03-02-16, 19:17
Here you go
"If you make a mistake on an ATF eform (http://www.atfonline.gov) there is a way to submit a correction without going to the end of the line.

Once you receive the notice that your eForm has been rejected, you will receive a refund of the application fee in around 10 days. You do not have to wait for the refund to be processed to resubmit a corrected application. You can pay the fee again while waiting for your refund or wait for the refund and them resubmit the application.

Once you submit your new application send an email to*Ted.clutter@atf.gov*and include the control number of the rejected application and the control number of the new corrected eForm and the application will be reprocessed. This should decrease the time for the approval process on the corrected eForm."

www.AtomicLabRat.com

interfan
03-02-16, 22:52

Thank you for the link. A guy that works with me just got a notice his eform was rejected yesterday due to a typing error of some sort as well. I have passed it on to him to get him sorted out. Thank you!

domestique
03-03-16, 05:41
Thanks everyone.

Now if only the eform site would be working....... I've tried for the last 12 hours and still have had no joy.

taymag
03-03-16, 05:57
Thanks everyone.

Now if only the eform site would be working....... I've tried for the last 12 hours and still have had no joy.

I see you posted at 6:40am today.. but if you're talking about yesterday, that's maintenance day, I think it is down all day or at least most of it

domestique
03-03-16, 06:11
I see you posted at 6:40am today.. but if you're talking about yesterday, that's maintenance day, I think it is down all day or at least most of it

Thanks, I thought that was for only a couple hours a day. But the last time I was really up on eForms was back in 2014.

I was able to finally get through. Waylon was right. The only problem on my old form was the missing "CZ". I had originally thought I screwed up the A1 vs S1... classic ATF.

Before I got Ted's email, I emailed my "Legal Instruments Examiner" on the disapproved form, and they said that they could pull the new form and put it at the top. It should be approved within a couple days. If I don't hear anything by then, I'll follow up with Ted.

Thanks again everyone.

BigWaylon
03-03-16, 07:34
Thanks, I thought that was for only a couple hours a day. But the last time I was really up on eForms was back in 2014.
As info...it's down 6a-6p (ET) on Wednesdays for scheduled maintenance. (As opposed to the multiple 1-2 hour windows every day it used to go down)

It's also down whenever else the wind blows in the wrong direction.

SC-Texas
03-03-16, 08:26
Yep. Down very Wednesday. Part of my standard briefing when I do a gun trust for a client who is filing a form 1

www.AtomicLabRat.com

Boba Fett v2
03-03-16, 17:59
Had a minor error on a previous Form 1 similar to yours. I did exactly what others have mentioned and got it resolved within 48 hours.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

domestique
03-03-16, 18:30
Just received my approval email!

11 hour approved isn't bad!

Funny thing is my other form 1 that was submitted at the same time, (that didn't have a problem) hasn't been approved yet.

JPB
03-03-16, 22:48
Dude, I've got E Form 1s pending from 12/1/15 that aren't approved. You're turn around was exceptionally fast (3 monthish). I'd regularly expect 4 months.

Iraqgunz
03-03-16, 23:42
Exactly. Uncle Ted will fix it and everyone will be happy.

Seriously. Just follow the instructions in the link I posted. Email Ted the serial number plus the old and new control numbers. He does this every day.

Or don't listen...makes no difference to me.

domestique
03-03-16, 23:54
Exactly. Uncle Ted will fix it and everyone will be happy.

Ted never got back to me. I had Jesse the "legal instruments examiner" on my rejection letter put it through. Ted, may have gotten it from her at some point..... but I never got a response from him.

All good either way. Thanks again to Waylon, SC-Texas, and everyone else.

Boba Fett v2
03-03-16, 23:56
When I got my fixed non "Draft" stamp back the other day Ted Cutter's signature was on it. He lives.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

arptsprt
03-05-16, 12:17
So you got this Form 1 approved in just over two months time?

Just received my approval email!

11 hour approved isn't bad!

Funny thing is my other form 1 that was submitted at the same time, (that didn't have a problem) hasn't been approved yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

domestique
03-05-16, 14:33
So you got this Form 1 approved in just over two months time?

Yes sir. Submitted 12/29. BUT, my other form 1 (BCM lower) has not been approved yet. The "pre examiner" caught the mistake and then once I resubmitted, they gave the new form to their supervisor.

So, my mistake actually accelerated me to the top. I was just hoping to be put back in line.... but I'll gladly go build my CZ SBR early!

PatrioticDisorder
03-15-16, 16:57
I had a disapproval today for "inaccurate model designation", I put DDM4 V1LW and was told it should say "m4 carbine", just a heads up for anyone in the process of E-filing.

bullitt
04-01-16, 11:11
I had a disapproval today for "inaccurate model designation", I put DDM4 V1LW and was told it should say "m4 carbine", just a heads up for anyone in the process of E-filing.

I also had a Form 1 disapproved for inaccurate model. I filed to SBS an old 870 Wingmaster. I put "870 Wingmaster" as the model since that what it says on the gun. They asked for pictures of the receiver with no explanation of why . I sent the pictures and asked if there was an issue. I never got a response, just a disapproval a couple hours later. I think they are looking for anything they can to disapprove forms.

I will try the Ted Clutter route.

bullitt
04-04-16, 10:35
Just a quick follow-up.

I never got any response from Ted Cutter.

After my disapproval I immediately submitted a new Form 1 with the corrected model info. I sent my old control number and new control number to the examiner listed on my initial Form 1. The new Form 1 was approved the next business day.

Hope that helps someone.

_Stormin_
04-04-16, 19:36
So... "Unintentional" error plus good follow up leads to faster approval? (TOTALLY KIDDING, but this is what it leads one to believe.)

domestique
04-04-16, 19:44
So... "Unintentional" error plus good follow up leads to faster approval? (TOTALLY KIDDING, but this is what it leads one to believe.)

Yup. Submitted 2 forms within minutes apart. The one with the error came back close to 30 days faster.

bullitt
04-04-16, 21:45
My form with the error didn't come back any faster. Looking at the NFA transfer times thread, I got mine back the same time as everyone else who submitted when I did.

fledge
04-04-16, 22:28
I submitted one on Jan 4th and one on the 5th. The first had an error and was sent back last week. I resubmitted and was approved same day. The form 1 on the 5th is still waiting. If domestique's theory is correct, I have three more weeks to wait.

PatrioticDisorder
04-06-16, 07:10
My form with the error didn't come back any faster. Looking at the NFA transfer times thread, I got mine back the same time as everyone else who submitted when I did.

You need to email Ted Clutter, I resubmitted a form 1 that was disapproved yesterday morning, I received my stamp later in the day.

Auto-X Fil
04-06-16, 07:42
I received two rejections recently. Both were for minor things. I re-submitted, and emailed not Ted, but the ATF agent who was listed on the rejection form, with a nice note apologizing, listing my new Control Number, and asking if they could please re-review it. Both came back within 30 minutes.

Striker6
04-06-16, 08:29
I received two rejections recently. Both were for minor things. I re-submitted, and emailed not Ted, but the ATF agent who was listed on the rejection form, with a nice note apologizing, listing my new Control Number, and asking if they could please re-review it. Both came back within 30 minutes.
This was my experience last week. A quick thank you email to the examiner goes a long way.

Pesty0311
04-08-16, 15:57
I'm very happy to have seen this thread. I made a pretty simple mistake on two Form 1's. Email sent, hope my results are as good as everyone else's.

Roadblock
04-09-16, 10:11
For anyone reading this thread, if you EVER have one rejected, email or call Uncle Ted ASAP! I've seen people report rejections and they contact Ted, he fixes it, gets it approved and confirms within a day, before a refund even gets processed.

Seems like a GREAT guy.

call_me_ski
04-09-16, 22:06
You should be able to contact your examiner as well. Robert rejected an eform stating that the model was wrong on a Daniel Defense. It was right so I emailed him a picture. He apologized and told me to email him with the resubmitted control number. I asked if it needed to be for the same lower and he said no. Never more than 30 mins between replies.

Next day I submitted the new eform for a KAC lower at 12:41 and emailed him the control number at 12:42. The approval was in my inbox at 12:59. I'd say that is a good turn around.

How long does the refund usually take though?

domestique
04-10-16, 07:38
You should be able to contact your examiner as well. Robert rejected an eform stating that the model was wrong on a Daniel Defense. It was right so I emailed him a picture. He apologized and told me to email him with the resubmitted control number. I asked if it needed to be for the same lower and he said no. Never more than 30 mins between replies.

Next day I submitted the new eform for a KAC lower at 12:41 and emailed him the control number at 12:42. The approval was in my inbox at 12:59. I'd say that is a good turn around.

How long does the refund usually take though?

Less than a week in my experience.

BigWaylon
04-10-16, 13:34
Less than a week in my experience.
There was a time that it was 3-4 months. That how long mine was about a year ago. But everybody I've heard recently has been in the 1-3 week range. Definitely an area they've managed to improve.

Pesty0311
04-11-16, 15:42
My Forms were approved one day after sending the email. Wow, thanks for the info guys.