PDA

View Full Version : First NFA purchase

believeraz
08-18-08, 17:36
So I ordered a Gem-Tech G5 today.... First NFA item ever.

Did this as a trust, co-owned by wife. She's actually excited to get the can, and feels better about learning to work a rifle with a suppressor.

It won't come in until I'm back overseas again, but the cool thing is, wife is also a trust owner, so she can pick it up when the stamp comes!

The only downside: I don't get to play with it until December when I'm back on leave again...

bushmasterar15
08-18-08, 23:13
Was the trust easy to do?

twodollarbill
08-19-08, 12:22
Welcome!!!!
If your wife gets excited with your NFA purchases #2, #3, #4, #5......
She's a keeper!!!!!

sharps_74
08-21-08, 21:26
Congratulations on the first NFA. Now a bit of a warning about what you've done.

You have brought something into your house that is addictive. You may think that you bought it so that your wife will feel better about learning to work a rifle. Fact is, she may never let you use it:D. She will be hooked on suppressors. Everytime you go to the range she'll want to come along. And when the day comes that you want to buy another suppressor, she'll go with you. There's no cure for it. On the upside, It will be one more thing that y'all can do together and that'll draw you both closer. Enjoy. She sound like a great gal.

Broadway
08-23-08, 21:52
Congrats, you did it right the first time. I wished I would have learned about the trust route 10 years ago. And as the comments have already stated, get ready for a serious addiction. ;)