PDA

View Full Version : Griffin Armament's New Carbine Stock

El Cid
03-03-16, 09:34
I received the Griffin Armament carbine stock yesterday. Despite looking OD in the photo, it’s actually grey and looks grey in person. I do like the angled butt and rubber plate, but that’s where the love affair ends. It’s got a bit of a wobble on a Colt factory receiver extension (RE) – not bad by any means, but I only noticed it because it was looser than the B5 Bravo stock I keep on that rifle. I don’t feel like it would bother me, but others it may. Overall fit and finish is good – no sharp edges and the release works easily to adjust the stock on the RE. It's also on the skinny side (think CTR) so if you are like me and prefer more surface for a cheek weld (think STR), then this probably won't fit the bill.

Now for the show stopper. They have a unique design for the sling QD cup. It’s a flat metal piece with indentations in the plastic stock. The indentations are designed to limit the swivel of the sling and they do. But the problem for me is they only allow the sling to point up over the top, or downward (see photo) when the rifle is shouldered. When the rifle is slung, it will cause binding of the webbing. This makes me think the designer of the swivel attachment doesn’t actually use AR’s – at least not for anything more than bench rest shooting. Also, for those who prefer the ALG forged sling swivels, they will not work at all with this stock.

I’m thrilled to see more companies embracing grey as a furniture and accessory color, but for my use I still haven’t found anything I like better than the B5 Bravo.

http://i828.photobucket.com/albums/zz209/El_CidAF_ResQ/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_4981_zpsdkrlwfei.jpg

Product link:
http://www.griffinarmament.com/product-p/ecsgry.htm

srshooter
03-03-16, 13:44
Bravo Company's Gunfighter stock, and the original CAR stock have horizontal sling QD swivel orientation, and horizontal sling slots respectively. It was my impression the BCM guys went to carbine courses often and have co-marketing agreements and associations with a bunch of former Tier1 tactical trainers.

I read the Recoil web article on the stock, and it was favorable, but was also looking for some end user reviews. It's good to see some feedback from actual end users of the product.

JVG19
04-07-16, 22:51
Can u post a pic of this stock side by side a ctr? Currious on size difference

308sako
04-07-16, 23:40
It is all about the fit or feel. How durable and how slings feel some what secondary

JVG19
04-07-16, 23:52
I have tried almost every stock out there and i keep comming back to the CTR

bp7178
04-08-16, 11:09
Looks like another 'me too' device. I'll be keeping my STR.