PDA

View Full Version : ? for Florida FFL

platoonDaddy
03-03-16, 11:39
I have a Florida "Concealed weapon of firearm license" and no where on the license does it state I am a resident of Maryland.

Therefore this question: visiting Florida, will I will be able to purchase firearms?

Thanks

firefighter37
03-03-16, 13:40
No, because on the 4473 when it asks you your state of residence, you still must put Maryland

platoonDaddy
03-03-16, 16:42
No, because on the 4473 when it asks you your state of residence, you still must put Maryland

Why would that be an issue with the 4473?

WillBrink
03-03-16, 17:15
I have a Florida "Concealed weapon of firearm license" and no where on the license does it state I am a resident of Maryland.

Therefore this question: visiting Florida, will I will be able to purchase firearms?

Thanks

I believe long guns yes*, handguns no.

* = and the long gun has to be legal in your state of residence.

There are a few FL FFL on the forum who can give a more specific answer.

Linebacker
03-03-16, 18:43
The 4473 asks for your "current address" which can be your second home.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

platoonDaddy
03-03-16, 21:08
The 4473 asks for your "current address" which can be your second home.

https://www.atf.gov/file/61446/download

WOW, interesting, but I wouldn't do that. I would just list my MD address.

firefighter37
03-03-16, 22:32
4473 Section 13 "What is your state of residence"

dbain99
03-04-16, 06:44
Long guns yes
Hand guns no

Sent via telegraph with the same fingers I use to sip whiskey.

Treehopr
03-04-16, 06:50

Thanks

No, any legit FFL would also ask for your Florida drivers license or other proof of residency.

I have a great relationship with 2 different FFL's who've done plenty of transfers for me and they still ask for my CWP and a drivers license each time.

The non-resident CWP is for you to carry concealed in Florida (& other states with Florida reciprocity) - it does not allow you to purchase any firearms in Florida with it.

Linebacker
03-04-16, 19:45

Buy off of Armslist in a neighboring state.