PDA

View Full Version : Rev 9 hickup

MegademiC
03-03-16, 17:56
Anyone have one?

I just got mine and can't get the piston housing out of the tube. Are these lock tighted right from the factory?

punkey71
03-03-16, 18:19
I've got one.

It wasn't loctite'd from Griffin and came apart easily.

That said, decide if you want full or K because once you do loctite it, it's a royal pain to get apart. The smooth tube and tiny knurled piston housing ring aren't conducive to tons of grip.

I like that their new piston housings that have spanner slots for removal. That'd be so much easier.

I'm curious if they can/will sell just the new piston housing....hmmm

Regardless, I shot both configs and while the full is definitely a fair amount quieter, I chose the K and haven't switched it back. Of course, it's got loctite on it now and I don't feel Ike battling to get it off. If it was easy to switch I might be switching more often. Who knows?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MegademiC
03-03-16, 18:28
I got it. I reassembled everything and installed tight on gun and it spun right off.

Could in shoot a few rounds without locktight? I'm thinking of shooting like 5 rounds fulls I've and checking it's tight between each shot just to hear it before going k. I bought it for the short configuration, haha.

You see any issues with this? Thanks for the advice above, also.

punkey71
03-03-16, 18:59
Shoot away. Just check it every 5-10 rounds as you already noted. That's what I did. Once you decide, throw some blue loctite on it.

While the piston housing removal is a little disappointing, mine runs and runs without issue.

MegademiC
03-03-16, 19:45
Yea, thanks. I'm not worried about it as I'm 99% sure I'll want k configuration all the time, just want to hear it first.

Glad to hear. It's my first silencer, so I am beyond stoked

punkey71
03-03-16, 20:02
Suppressed 9 is certainly fun and hearing safe, but still my least used can.

Get a rifle can before 41F. Many benefits.

Also get an army of 22 cans. They are really amazing. If you have kids they are a Godsend. My kids and I shoot 22 cans more than all others combined.

MegademiC
03-03-16, 22:04
Rifle can is next, I'll wait till later this year, 41p is a little more work, but not a big deal for me.

No kids yet, but plan on threading my 22 for the rev9.

JPB
03-03-16, 22:25
Suppressed 9 is certainly fun and hearing safe, but still my least used can.

Get a rifle can before 41F. Many benefits.

Also get an army of 22 cans. They are really amazing. If you have kids they are a Godsend. My kids and I shoot 22 cans more than all others combined.

This. Rim fire cans are awesome. The idea of a pistol can is full of romance, but it changes the handling qualities of the pistol so much that it just isn't practical (except of course, rim fire pistols). Not like rifles. SBR + Can, still a practical system you can shoot with full time. With silenced pistols, if it hits the fan, you're stuck with about two feet of pistol with nothing to holster it in! And after about 200 rounds, it just gets old. Just my observations.

I'd recommend a 7.62 can (or 3) and a few rim fire cans next. At least with a 7.62 can you can shoot something quiet (300 BLK) and cover 5.56 and 7.62x51 adequately. A suppressed rim fire pistol is the most practical application of a suppressed pistol you'll find. Get a 5.56 can last. It'll always be relatively loud.

wayne1one
03-04-16, 16:09
I was just considering starting a new thread, but since I found this thread and my review relates directly to this topic I will post here. :D

I have been playing around with this Griffin Armament Revolution 9 for a few weeks now, this particular suppressor is a demo and I just recently found out that it has over 30k rounds down range, 20k of those were full auto fire. I find that impressive to say the least. A lot of people wonder what is the service life of a suppressor, well if it's user serviceable the service life equals a lifetime! So I wanted to see what kind of performance you get from a post 30k suppressor, can it still do the job? Well I found out that it can, and you can pretty much get this can back to a new state after you dump 10,20, and 30k rounds through it. For folks that like to "buy once cry once" this should come as music to your ears.

I tested the suppressor with several different subsonic and supersonic ammo brands, different host guns and calibers. In the end everything performed well and exceeded my expectations. There're a few dings though this suppressor is supposed to be a modular one, but the manufacturer suggests using loctite when assembling which in my opinion defeats the point. I have also noticed that the serialized tube has more of a laser surface engraving, which if painted would remove or hide important markings. That means if you beat it up over the years you can't refinish it and start fresh, or just change the color to roll with trends (Wolf Gray guys). Either way the Revolution 9 seems to be a solid 9mm suppressor and it's priced right along side of equally capable suppressors. So now it just boils down to just name, if that matters to you. Hope this review helps anyone in the market for this or similar suppressors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZgcQt5joZY