PDA

View Full Version : How to tell I have a Chrome Bore

ffhounddog
08-18-08, 21:11
I have a new to me CAR-15 lightweight upper I bought on Ar-15.com. I have no idea if it is a chrome lined bore or not. Is there a way to tell? There are no markings on the barrel. None below the handguards as well.

The upper is a Gray A2 if that matters.

28_days
08-18-08, 22:01
No markings at all? Try looking at it again sometimes the stamping is very light.

Do you know the maker?

ffhounddog
08-19-08, 03:28
no markings at all.

I looked all over even under the front site post.

Robb Jensen
08-19-08, 06:01
I have a new to me CAR-15 lightweight upper I bought on Ar-15.com. I have no idea if it is a chrome lined bore or not. Is there a way to tell? There are no markings on the barrel. None below the handguards as well.

The upper is a Gray A2 if that matters.

Removing the flash hider and look around the crown, if it's chromed you'll see the difference between the bore and the barrel material.

ffhounddog
08-19-08, 06:22
How about from the back or is it harder to find out what it is? I will have a to take a look at that closely.

Have you seen any none marked uppers at VA Arms? I might have to run it by ya'lls place when I get time.

It does not have M4 Feed ramps it is a Gray A2 upper and the handguards are 6 holed CAR tpye without heat shields.

ffh

markm
08-19-08, 08:26
Did you get a good deal on it?

I'm not sure I'd ever buy a used upper of unknown make.

ffhounddog
08-19-08, 08:37
250.00 for a CAR-15A2 upper

I sold a A2 HBAR none marked upper for 240.00 to help fund for this.

I bought a XM16E1 as well.

Now I am waiting onthe XM16 to put on the lower I have.

Waiting on DPMS to send me my LPK to build my other lower.

Free LPK from DPMS works for me. Well Gift Certificate but could not find much that I could get cheaper at other places on their site.

ffh