PDA

View Full Version : Geissele SD3G Review

ExplorinInTheWoods
03-05-16, 10:07
The first thing you'll notice about the Geissele SD3G is that flat trigger bow, all of the Geissele super dynamic or SD triggers have this flat bow compared to the standard curved bow. The second thing you'll notice is that it is not a two stage like the other Geissele triggers. It is not quite a single stage, it has more of a spongey slight take up. There is no discernible wall as with the the SSA-E, but you can tell when it will break after a few practice pulls. I would not recommend this trigger for a precision rifle, this trigger is designed to be a 3 gun trigger with it's light pull, short take up, and short reset. The trigger will come with two springs, a 3.5 LB and a 4.5 LB spring. I run mine with the 3.5 LB spring. With this trigger and spring set up I have been able to get .13 splits on shots, which is incredibly fast. As far a 3 gun trigger this is the one I suggest, I replaced my Timney 4.5 LB trigger for this one and although my Timney is a great trigger I do prefer the SD3G, it is also an upgrade over the SSA-E because it is a hybrid instead of a two stage. However with this trigger it will take some practice to get used to, just because you have a good trigger doesn't mean you'll be the next Jerry Miculek or Taran Butler. Below I have some videos of the trigger.

SD3G Ratings
Value 8/10 It is very pricey
Pull 9/10
Reset 10/10
Ease of Install 9/10

Overall 9/10

http://youtu.be/EZxChlMF87M

ExplorinInTheWoods
03-05-16, 10:10
This video includes some range footage of it with myself and my buddy running it.

http://youtu.be/dONuair6Vs0

BGREID
03-05-16, 16:25
I have the SD3G in a couple of rifles, people think I have a full auto.

ExplorinInTheWoods
03-05-16, 17:01
It is a super fast trigger, you get some practice with it and you can get pretty close to full auto. My Timney 4.5 LB trigger I can actually get the same splits but I like the feel of the SD3G better, I ended up putting the Timney in a lower I built for my dad. I definitely would recommend this trigger for anyone wanting a 3 gun trigger or just wants to shoot fast and make some expensive noise.