PDA

View Full Version : Colt MT6731

fsumach
03-05-16, 16:44
Chance to by a really nice one from a trustworthy co-worker who really knows how to care for his stuff. Surefire rail, RR tactical carry mount, Comp ML2. Very nice condition. Is the non threaded post ban barrel config a real issue? I don't mind the fixed stock, and that can be easily changed. Anything else to know about these? Looks to be 2003 production, professionally maintained. I don't know much about the post ban rifles, so appreciate by input. It would be a general purpose and bedside rifle.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

veeklog
03-05-16, 17:40
All of what you listed are easy fixes. The upper you can send to Adco and get it threaded for a flashhider. The butt stock can also be changed out to collapsible as well. Just buy a Colt 4 position stock extension, castle nut, and stock end plate (if you want to keep it all orginal Colt) and the stock of your choice and you are gtg. If you don't have the tools or know how how to change it out, again, send it to Adco or your local gunsmith for proper installation and staking. If you don't mind having non-Colt parts on the rifle, buy a Bravo Company MILSPEC complete stock kit and you are set.

Personally, if the price is right and that is what you want, it is a good rifle. But if the price is too high, you can always get a brand new Colt for over a $1k.

HCM
03-06-16, 00:02
They are solid rifles. Assuming your state has no restrictions:

1) Barrel can be threaded pretty easily.
2) You can swap out to a new collapsible Receiver Extension as described above or you could swap your A2 length stock for a slightly shorter A1 length. Either a GI version from Fulton armory or the VLTOR fixed stock in A1 length,
3) I believe these guns use the "big" (.170 vs .150 diameter) pins for the Fire Control Group and "big hole" receivers. Basically if you want to upgrade the trigger you need to buy a "big pin" version. Geisselle and other aftermarket trigger makers offer big pin triggers. Similarly if you use another upper or lower you may need an adapter pin. Neither of these is a big deal and would no dissuade me from buying the gun.

fsumach
03-06-16, 06:51
Thanks guys, this is useful. Given the accessories on the rifle (surefire quad rail, rr tactical carry mount, aimpoint ml2), what would be in the ballpark of a fair price?

GH41
03-06-16, 07:47
Thanks guys, this is useful. Given the accessories on the rifle (surefire quad rail, rr tactical carry mount, aimpoint ml2), what would be in the ballpark of a fair price?

If you plan on threading the barrel, and replacing the stock I wouldn't pay over $400 for the rifle itself. The SF quad rail and carry mount would add zero value. The ML2 might add $150. If you didn't want to thread and change the stock and the accessories were exactly what you want add another $150. Price range... $550-$700

fsumach
03-06-16, 08:05
Thanks, I was thinking much higher I.e. $1,000 - so this is very helpful.

556BlackRifle
03-06-16, 10:01

No way I would pay that much. IMO you should take fair market value of a used preban version of the same rifle and subtract the cost of having the barrel threaded and flash hider added (including shipping) and the cost of the RE and stock. Then to make it worth all that trouble, subtract another 20%. Or better yet, take that $1000 and just buy a new Colt!

GH41
03-06-16, 10:15

We are in a buyers market now. You can buy a Colt 6720 NIB and put a NIB PRO on it for $1200. Why would you spend a grand on a neutered 15 year old rifle with a scope that hasn't been manufactured in years.

fsumach
03-06-16, 11:53
Thanks guys, this was very helpful.