PDA

View Full Version : Quick question for LMT MRP owners.

Mauser KAR98K
03-06-16, 07:45
Can you place any barrel and gas system in the MRP, or just what LMT makes?

SomeOtherGuy
03-06-16, 08:05
The barrel uses a special extension and standard AR15 barrels are NOT compatible. However, the difference is minor and some gunsmiths can adapt a standard barrel to fit. The one I know of is Marvin Pitts. There may be others.

The bolt itself is the same and you can use a standard AR15 bolt. The difference in the barrel extension is entirely on the outside, not the inside where the lugs lock.

The OEM gas system uses a taller gas block and straight gas tube, but as far as I know you can use a regular height gas block and standard (slightly angled near the block) gas tube and it will work.

Mauser KAR98K
03-06-16, 08:35
The barrel uses a special extension and standard AR15 barrels are NOT compatible. However, the difference is minor and some gunsmiths can adapt a standard barrel to fit. The one I know of is Marvin Pitts. There may be others.

The bolt itself is the same and you can use a standard AR15 bolt. The difference in the barrel extension is entirely on the outside, not the inside where the lugs lock.

The OEM gas system uses a taller gas block and straight gas tube, but as far as I know you can use a regular height gas block and standard (slightly angled near the block) gas tube and it will work.

Thanks. Was hoping to place a better barrel in mine to have a use for it, but guess I'm going to put it up on EE and fund some other projects.

JoshNC
03-06-16, 19:11
There is a gunsmith who can fit any barrel to the MRP. I cannot recall the name of the outfit. And I believe Marvin Pitts does it as well.

tb417
03-06-16, 19:32
I think you are thinking of DBMG llc. But I haven't found anything new about them online for the last couple of years.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk