PDA

View Full Version : RIP Nancy Reagan

Sensei
03-06-16, 10:43
Classy lady. She will be missed.

$10 says that our current Douche Bag - in - Chief will not attend the funeral. To be honest, I'd prefer that he not attend.

JC5188
03-06-16, 10:45
Agreed.

RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

_Stormin_
03-06-16, 11:01
$10 says that our current Douche Bag - in - Chief will not attend the funeral.
I'd have to take that bet simply on principal. He will be at the funeral... He may have been a d-bag and skipped Scalia's but there is no way that he can skip the funeral of a former first lady.

To be honest, I'd prefer that he not attend.
And many of us would probably agree. I can't imagine that she was very fond of our current President.

jpmuscle
03-06-16, 11:06
RIP..

Sucky..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Averageman
03-06-16, 12:13
I'd have to take that bet simply on principal. He will be at the funeral... He may have been a d-bag and skipped Scalia's but there is no way that he can skip the funeral of a former first lady.

And many of us would probably agree. I can't imagine that she was very fond of our current President.

If it is held in a Catholic Church he wont go.

Sam
03-06-16, 12:48
RIP to a classy lady.

Condolences arrived from Benjamin Netanyahu. No word from the current occupier of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue.

Airhasz
03-06-16, 13:17
Rip Nancy. Was her war on drugs considered successful after all is said and done? Me thinks not so much, looks like drugs won that war.:)

SteyrAUG
03-06-16, 13:58
Never really cared for her much.

Her obsession with astrology and combining it with the day to day operations of the administration was troubling to say the least. She was famous for her extravagant spending, much of which was with the taxpayers dime during a time of serious economic hardship. And while she wasn't the venomous reptile that Hillary is / was, she was no where near as personable as her husband.

Basically Nancy was given a lot of consideration out of respect for her husband. Her "Just say no" campaign really was more of a PSA than an attempt to implement policy and I will give her credit for knowing the limitations of her station. Too many "first ladies" seem to believe their title is "Co President." They should be given a pet project and nothing more, Nancy at least seemed to have understood this.

Laura Bush is probably the best recent example of what a "First Lady" should be.

Sensei
03-06-16, 14:10

She probably considered Obama to be a good case study of a brain on drugs. Any questions?

HKGuns
03-06-16, 15:50
RIP First Lady.

_Stormin_
03-06-16, 16:47
She probably considered Obama to be a good case study of a brain on drugs. Any questions?
Actually laughed out loud...

Singlestack Wonder
03-06-16, 18:56
RIP Mrs. Reagan...

Firefly
03-06-16, 19:14
http://blogs-images.forbes.com/davidewalt/files/2011/02/nancy-reagan-mr-t1.jpg

End of an era. This picture alone sums up my childhood.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-06-16, 21:00
Never really cared for her much.

Her obsession with astrology and combining it with the day to day operations of the administration was troubling to say the least. She was famous for her extravagant spending, much of which was with the taxpayers dime during a time of serious economic hardship. And while she wasn't the venomous reptile that Hillary is / was, she was no where near as personable as her husband.

Basically Nancy was given a lot of consideration out of respect for her husband. Her "Just say no" campaign really was more of a PSA than an attempt to implement policy and I will give her credit for knowing the limitations of her station. Too many "first ladies" seem to believe their title is "Co President." They should be given a pet project and nothing more, Nancy at least seemed to have understood this.

Laura Bush is probably the best recent example of what a "First Lady" should be.

She let Ronnie be Ronnie. While she may not have been able to defend him in public, she made damn sure that his people were loyal, bright, and loyal. Without her being the enforcer, either Ronnie would have had to drop the hammer a lot more himself to keep order or he would have had a lot of infighting from his staff.

She was like a wing hitting a striker for the goal or a left tackle protecting the quarterback to make the big plays.

Nancy would have been fine if everyone on the planet hated her as long as Ronnie loved her and people loved him.

Maybe if Laura had taken more notes from Nancy, we wouldn't have had W get so much bad advice.

SteyrAUG
03-06-16, 21:56
She let Ronnie be Ronnie. While she may not have been able to defend him in public, she made damn sure that his people were loyal, bright, and loyal. Without her being the enforcer, either Ronnie would have had to drop the hammer a lot more himself to keep order or he would have had a lot of infighting from his staff.

She was like a wing hitting a striker for the goal or a left tackle protecting the quarterback to make the big plays.

Nancy would have been fine if everyone on the planet hated her as long as Ronnie loved her and people loved him.

Maybe if Laura had taken more notes from Nancy, we wouldn't have had W get so much bad advice.

I'm fine with all that. But none of that has anything to do with my criticisms of Nancy. They are about her and the way she conducted herself, I don't have many criticisms about the way she related to her husband or protected him.

As for "W", we elected him, we didn't elect Laura. If we wanted Laura to be running things we would have elected her.

agr1279
03-07-16, 08:30
As previously stated Nancy Reagan was a world class woman. She was a very good first lady and say what you want Ronald Reagan would not have been who he was without her. When I compare how the President and First Lady should act it is the Reagans. While the Barbara and Laura Bush were good they were not of the class as Nancy Reagan.

Dan

Big A
03-07-16, 10:15
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160307/cd2c24ee00409e88aa684f1d74555dab.jpg

Eurodriver
03-07-16, 10:33
Great pic

Moose-Knuckle
03-07-16, 12:00
End of an era. This picture alone sums up my childhood.

Damn I miss the 80's . . .

SeriousStudent
03-07-16, 20:41
She was a very nice lady when I met her. My thoughts and prayers are with the Reagan family.

Damn, I really miss her husband.

agr1279
03-07-16, 21:28
Damn, I really miss her husband.

This exactly.