PDA

View Full Version : 762 Krink with thread adapter running suppressed?

lj_1187
03-06-16, 22:23
So I have a 762 Krink built on a Firing Line receiver with 24x1.5 threads and the Bulgy 4 piece flash hider.

I have a Sandman S suppressor in NFA jail right now I bought for my Scar 17. Then I got thinking, could I suppress my Krink? I would need a 24x1.5 to 5/8x24 adapter. I would have it sent to The Firing Line to check and make sure the bore is concentric and time the brake for me. Also check it over while it's there.

Good or bad idea? Why or why not?

SC-Texas
03-06-16, 22:57
Is the barrel threaded concentric to the bore? How concentric is it since you are talking about a thread adapter and tolerance stacking.

www.TexasGunTrust.com

lj_1187
03-07-16, 01:41
Is the barrel threaded concentric to the bore? How concentric is it since you are talking about a thread adapter and tolerance stacking.

www.TexasGunTrust.com

I was told it "should" be by the Firing Line, but I would have them make sure before I did anything.

eodinert
03-07-16, 13:27
Not only might the threads not be concentric, but they are not terribly precise. You may end up with a wobbly can. Even if the planets align and you don't get a baffle strike, it won't suppress well (both because it's an AK, and because it's an AK with a really short barrel).

At best it will be the loudest suppressed rifle ever.

lj_1187
03-08-16, 21:36
At best it will be the loudest suppressed rifle ever.

So it's not worth it eh?

eodinert
03-09-16, 00:28
I have a lot of suppressors, and a 7.62 krink... and I don't have a suppressor for the krink.

People do it, and some seem to like it... but I didn't think it was worth it.