PDA

View Full Version : HuffPo article shows blatant bias and ignorance

Koshinn
03-07-16, 12:51
In case you need your daily dose of facepalm today:

The shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, left 20 children and six teachers dead. The shooter unloaded 154 rounds of bullets from an AR-15, the commercially available, semi-automatic version of a weapon that was originally manufactured for use by the U.S. military. That rifle, built for warfare, can fire 30 rounds in under 10 seconds and is powerful enough to pierce body armor. The Bushmaster rifle Lanza used can reportedly fire 45 rounds per minute.

"154 rounds of bullets" ... what?

The reliance on "built for warfare" as a scare tactic. Guess what, so was the Jeep and the 1911.

"30 rounds in under 10 seconds" as if a Glock can't do the same thing.

"powerful enough to pierce body armor" as if a Glock or 1911 isn't powerful enough to pierce body armor. They can pierce some, but not others.

"Bushmaster... 45 rounds per minute" how did it suddenly drop from 30 rds per 10 seconds (180 rds per minute) to 45 rds per minute?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-gun-control_us_56dcea34e4b0000de405063a

In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue, etc.

Eurodriver
03-07-16, 12:56
Laura Bassett is a political reporter at The Huffington Post focusing on women's issues. She has a Master's degree in English Literature and gender studies from Georgetown University and has previously worked for U.S. Congress, Island Press and the Washington Post. She can be reached at lbassett@huffingtonpost.com or on Twitter @lebassett.

Firefly
03-07-16, 12:56
Know what else was built for warfare?

Men.

Know where men come from?
Women.

So technically nobody should exist. For the chillrens and all

Eurodriver
03-07-16, 12:58
Someone should hit her up and see if she wants to hang out. She looks decent.

Koshinn
03-07-16, 13:13

Aren't you the one always hanging with them Dem chicks?

Firefly
03-07-16, 13:17

She looks square.

I only hang with: goth chicks, art chicks, drapes, beatniks, alt chicks, and girls who are like really pretty and girly but have extreme dark sides.

Dist. Expert 26
03-07-16, 13:19
I could tell you without reading the article that it would contain bias and ignorance. It's HuffPo. Duh.

She is pretty hot though.

soulezoo
03-07-16, 13:20
and a snatch like a steel trap.

No thanks.

Crow Hunter
03-07-16, 13:36
In case you need your daily dose of facepalm today:

"154 rounds of bullets" ... what?

The reliance on "built for warfare" as a scare tactic. Guess what, so was the Jeep and the 1911.

"30 rounds in under 10 seconds" as if a Glock can't do the same thing.

"powerful enough to pierce body armor" as if a Glock or 1911 isn't powerful enough to pierce body armor. They can pierce some, but not others.

"Bushmaster... 45 rounds per minute" how did it suddenly drop from 30 rds per 10 seconds (180 rds per minute) to 45 rds per minute?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-gun-control_us_56dcea34e4b0000de405063a

In other news, water is wet, the sky is blue, etc.

English Lit and women's studies. How much you want to bet that the math portion of that degree could be covered by remedial algebra?

Also you could probably give her flash cards with AR-15, AK-47, AR-18, etc, labeled and ask her to pick out the AR-15 and she would pick whichever one you gave to her first.

Also, if you told her to describe body armor, she would probably describe a medieval knight's armor.

Also, if you handed her a rifle cartridge, assuming you told her what it was, she probably thinks the whole thing goes flying into the target propelled by magic out of the gun otherwise, she probably thinks that it shoots lasers because she saw them shoot tracers on TV this one time at band camp.

Also, she would only be in a relationship with a man if she got to wear the strap on.

Most people, even people who don't write for Puffpro, likely don't bother to research anything that they write about to a greater extent than reading something someone else wrote and paraphrasing it enough to avoid being accused of plagiarism. Some don't even bother to do that.

If she truly read and understood "Women's Studies" she would absolutely be a pro-gun person. Almost all women are at a disadvantage when it come to a physical confrontation with a man, a gun would equalize that but unfortunately, even the professional victims of the "XXXXX studies" disciplines can't get out of their victimization mindsets enough to realize that.

SteyrAUG
03-07-16, 15:25
She looks decent.

No she doesn't.

JC5188
03-07-16, 15:30
Know what else was built for warfare?

Men.

Know where men come from?
Women.

So technically nobody should exist. For the chillrens and all

I could use liberal logic and twist this into "women are the cause of all mass shootings".

I'm sure of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THCDDM4
03-07-16, 15:30
No she doesn't.

Yep- she is a hag for sure.

_Stormin_
03-07-16, 20:27

Euro you need to get out more. I wouldn't hit that with a stolen D...

http://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Laura-Bassett-on-Current-TV.jpg

And that's on TV where make-up people tried to make her look good... Looks like Bruce Jenner banged a zombie from The Walking Dead.

Kain
03-07-16, 20:34

Wasn't Euro in the Marines? I think that would explain most things when it comes to his sex life. They will **** damn near anything in my experience.

Eurodriver
03-07-16, 20:42
Edit: Upon further review, the ruling on the field is overturned. She is not "decent"

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-07-16, 22:13

http://www.rawstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Laura-Bassett-on-Current-TV.jpg

And that's on TV where make-up people tried to make her look good... Looks like Bruce Jenner banged a zombie from The Walking Dead.

Like an Abrey Plaza after being on meth.

Wasn't Euro in the Marines? I think that would explain most things when it comes to his sex life. They will **** damn near anything in my experience.

Miss living by the base? ;)

Moose-Knuckle
03-08-16, 03:18
Well as the poet Rodney Carrington once promulgated; "I never went to bed with an ugly woman but I have woke up to a few."

As for the huff pole, I see at least two to four of their headlines a day as I browse Yahoo, everyone one of them is anti-White, anti-male, anti-normal tripe. What a cesspool . . .

SomeOtherGuy
03-08-16, 08:11
Laura Bassett is a political reporter at The Huffington Post focusing on women's issues. She has a Master's degree in English Literature and gender studies from Georgetown University and has previously worked for U.S. Congress, Island Press and the Washington Post.

The comedy writes itself. They couldn't even find someone with a journalism degree?

Anyone who feels like some entertainment, write to her and ask why English Literature is capitalized and gender studies is not. I'll bet you that there's a social justice-y answer that requires more than a full paragraph to explain.

.46caliber
03-08-16, 17:02
HuffPo is not with the paper it's printed on. Get it?

williejc
03-09-16, 20:15
She reminds me of a female mortician that I dated over 40 years ago--back before I got sober. At first I thought she was just fruity, but she revealed herself to be freaky and fruity plus creepy.

jpmuscle
03-09-16, 20:42
She reminds me of a female mortician that I dated over 40 years ago--back before I got sober. At first I thought she was just fruity, but she revealed herself to be freaky and fruity plus creepy.
Well, necrophilia is a real thing soooo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Moose-Knuckle
03-10-16, 00:56
At first I thought she was just fruity, but she revealed herself to be freaky and fruity plus creepy.

I know this is a family site and all but this has really peaked my curiosity lol . . .