PDA

View Full Version : Mission First Tactical Stock

alcante262
03-07-16, 15:05
Just wondering if anyone has used one of these.Their distributed by Defender Outdoors,the Mission First Tactical minimalist stock.$49.99

Scrubber3
03-07-16, 15:57
I've witnessed them hook gear during handling before even running drills. I believe there are better options for that price range. Look at magpul and bcm.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

ColtSeavers
03-07-16, 16:09
Aren't these the ones that everyone always goes and attaches a 550 cord braid to between the bottom of the butt pad and just before the receiver extension to avoid what Scrubber3 described?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BMSNRAT-scorched_dark_earth.jpg

No personal experience with them, but don't remember reading of any problems with them other then previously described in this thread.

TexasAggie2005
03-07-16, 16:11
Aren't these the ones that everyone always goes and attaches a 550 cord braid to between the bottom of the butt pad and just before the receiver extension to avoid what Scrubber3 described?

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/BMSNRAT-scorched_dark_earth.jpg

No personal experience with them, but don't remember reading of any problems with them other then previously described in this thread.

I did exactly this on a MFT stock I used for awhile. Never had any issues with it, but I upgraded to the Magpul SL when it came out just because.

fallenromeo
03-07-16, 16:18
no experience with them personally, but I kinda stopped taking MFT seriously when they kept posting pictures of deployed "operators" using their equipment on their rifles, and if you look close the rifles didn't even have trigger guards installed. May seem silly, but I had a hard time getting away from that.

alcante262
03-07-16, 16:46
Nuff said,thanks guys

Uprange41
03-07-16, 17:00
BCM Mod 0 weighs 2oz more. I've been unable to find a compelling reason to use an MFT over that.

djegators
03-07-16, 18:18
I no longer carry them, as I was not impressed with the feel of the polymer versus others. They are light weight, and the aesthetics are fine, but I didn't like the inconsistency in the make whereas some were almost impossibly tight on a quality re. Having said that, I know several customers who have been happy with them. Another issue that moved me away from them was when I saw them for sale at Walmart...

sbrown3
03-07-16, 18:37
I had one for a bit, I thought it was good quality and locked up very tight. But, I actually found it to be too light, it made my rifle feel very nose heavy

FlyingChipmunk
03-07-16, 18:49

That's some solid Paracord work.

Press Check
03-07-16, 19:09
Another issue that moved me away from them was when I saw them for sale at Walmart...

Doesn't or wasn't Walmart carrying Colt 6920's?

djegators
03-07-16, 19:18
Doesn't or wasn't Walmart carrying Colt 6920's?

It was more I couldn't sell them at their price.

jwinch2
03-07-16, 19:25
http://www.titleiiarms.com/images/img0307.png

I got one for my MPX.

(stock pic, not mine)

Plasman
03-07-16, 20:58
If you're looking to cut as much weight out as you can for a lightweight build the minimalist is a good option (along with the Rogers Super Stoc Spartan), however if that doesn't matter then there are lots of better options. I have a minimalist on my lightweight carbine and have run it in a few classes. It's been fine.

Torquetard
03-07-16, 23:18
The QD placement on it is nice, and it fits really snug

Beef15
03-07-16, 23:36
Put one on the lightish build for my wife.
No wobble, shoulders well, cheekweld feels good.
She's not wearing a pack, carrier or chest rig so snagging is not a concern.

Jewell
03-08-16, 12:38
I have them on 2 of my rifles. I did have 550 cord on them, but took it off so I could use the QD. Since I've done that, I haven't had any problems with them snagging on anything. They are about as light as you're going to get, don't wiggle, and they are also quite durable. FWIW I like them.

nick954
03-08-16, 12:54
Bought mine monday for $43 on amazon. I just went to try and find the link to post here, but it looks like the seller removed it.

OrbitalE
03-08-16, 13:28
BCM Mod 0 weighs 2oz more. I've been unable to find a compelling reason to use an MFT over that.

The BCMs I've handled wiggled, which was thoroughly annoying. It's closer to 1oz heavier and has a better cheekweld. I found the rattle/wiggle annoying and ended up with the MFT which is super tight.

Will reevaluate after I run it through its paces.

Tomac
03-08-16, 18:43
I have two of the MFT Minimalists and the only downside for my needs is the QD cup isn't rotation-limited. They were tight to get on but have worn in nicely over time and no gear snagging to date.
Tomac

skimbleshanks
03-08-16, 19:17
Acquired one recently. Thought it might be flimsy or not feel solid being open on the bottom but initial handling has resolved those concerns. Price quality and weight came together nicely.

GSMullins
03-08-16, 21:24
I have a couple and like them. Some observations: solid build quality, tight fit on RE, integrated QD socket, square corner on the bottom of the shoulder pad can dig into your shoulder. Best use? Ultra-light build with pencil barrel out front, so the balance stays good.

STF
04-08-16, 18:36
Trying to decide on this or a Magpul CTR, myself. From what I've read, people seem to like the MFT stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

w3453l
04-08-16, 20:12
How many here who have the MFT use it with the paracord like it's often pictured?

jbjh
04-08-16, 20:35
How many here who have the MFT use it with the paracord like it's often pictured?

I do. I was sure that I'd hook something if I had the open end.

As others have mentioned, in order for the gun to balance right, you really need a lightweight barrel out front. When I had a government profile barreled upper on, it 'felt' nose heavy.

jviz4u
04-08-16, 23:03
Trying to decide on this or a Magpul CTR, myself. From what I've read, people seem to like the MFT stocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have and love both of them. Good staff !

GH41
04-09-16, 07:48
I did a "Cobra Braid" on mine. The width of the braid only allows the swivel to rotate 90 degrees. I wish I could say I did it on purpose! With a 16" ELW/KMR upper it balances just ahead of the magwell with a loaded mag in place. The cheek weld isn't as good (FOR ME) as the B5 it replaced. Not bad just not as high/wide as the B5. Mine fits perfectly on an A5 tube.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t414/ghchhisc/CB1_zpsm4k9obj9.jpg

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t414/ghchhisc/CB2_zps6difmq5n.jpg

Butch
04-09-16, 09:45
Not judging, just a new guy trying to understand. Why would you want your QD to be rotation limited? That is a feature that turned me off to a BCM.

I have two of the MFT Minimalists and the only downside for my needs is the QD cup isn't rotation-limited. They were tight to get on but have worn in nicely over time and no gear snagging to date.
Tomac

Jpoe88
04-09-16, 10:22
Not judging, just a new guy trying to understand. Why would you want your QD to be rotation limited? That is a feature that turned me off to a BCM.

Wont twist up your sling if you lose your handing or allow it to flop around like a dead chicken.

I do like the looks of a mft. May use one on my iron sighted build

w3453l
04-09-16, 14:56
I do. I was sure that I'd hook something if I had the open end.

As others have mentioned, in order for the gun to balance right, you really need a lightweight barrel out front. When I had a government profile barreled upper on, it 'felt' nose heavy.

Thanks, I was tossing around the idea of getting one for a mod 2 14.5 SR-15. Reading around there was a lot of criticism about snag potential. I'm curious as to how many people actually had a problem with snagging. This is my only AR, so I do want to keep it as problem free as possible. I just bought an SL-K, but i haven't been home to install it yet.

I looked at the CTR too, but for the price of it being about the same as the full sized MOE-SL, what does it offer that the MOE-SL does not? Maybe it's a question for another thread.

GH41
04-09-16, 17:45
Thanks, I was tossing around the idea of getting one for a mod 2 14.5 SR-15. Reading around there was a lot of criticism about snag potential. I'm curious as to how many people actually had a problem with snagging. This is my only AR, so I do want to keep it as problem free as possible. I just bought an SL-K, but i haven't been home to install it yet.

I looked at the CTR too, but for the price of it being about the same as the full sized MOE-SL, what does it offer that the MOE-SL does not? Maybe it's a question for another thread.

The MFT ain't gonna snag with the paracord mod. It's all about what weight distribution you want/need. If you need a pig get the SL. If you want to travel light get the MFT.

OrbitalE
04-09-16, 20:29
The BCMs I've handled wiggled, which was thoroughly annoying. It's closer to 1oz heavier and has a better cheekweld. I found the rattle/wiggle annoying and ended up with the MFT which is super tight.

Will reevaluate after I run it through its paces.

My evaluation after a few events is the MFT works well, if you place it in a position to succeed. I have it on a 5.5lb rifle with Faxon Gunner profile 18" barrel running only a T2 Aimpoint sight. The rifle moves quickly, balances well, and I don't hunt for solid cheek weld despite thinking I would. The stock fits the role here better than I thought and has yet to wiggle. With a variable power magnified optic I think I would go with a different stock.

Dr Tran
04-10-16, 01:32
Never had a problem with snagging. Very tight and solid stock.