PDA

View Full Version : Looking to build an Isreali Carbine / C7A1 upper and had some FSB questions

snaggletooth
03-07-16, 23:09
So I recently purchased a couple A1 upper receivers with carry handle (Yeah, I know who gets ARs with permanently attached carry handles these days) and I was looking into building it up with a Colt Socom barrel, I know that the Barrels have "F" marked FSB, my questing is, would it be possible to change the front sight post to accommodate the A1 receiver or will I have to change the FSB? Any response would be greatly appreciated and if you can point me into the right direction I would be much obliged.

GH41
03-08-16, 05:38
If I remember correctly you are only talking about 40 thou. Some post will adjust down far enough to zero others may have to be filed down.

bigwagon
03-08-16, 06:40
I'd build it and zero before you decide if you need to change the front sight post.

snaggletooth
03-08-16, 08:49
If I remember correctly you are only talking about 40 thou. Some post will adjust down far enough to zero others may have to be filed down.

is there .04 shorter front sight post that are made?

GH41
03-08-16, 09:38
is there .04 shorter front sight post that are made?

I doubt there would be a market for them. It's too easy to file one down. .04 is about the thickness of 2 1/2 business cards. Take bigwagon's advice. Shoot it first!