PDA

View Full Version : Russian SOF

Slater
03-08-16, 05:35
Below is a series of publicity photos of Russian Special Ops Forces from the Russian MOD website. Some of their clothing and equipment has a distinctly Western flavor (evidently they make their own Multicam version).

Is some of this bought off-the-shelf or is it all Russian manufacture?

http://eng.mil.ru/en/multimedia/photo/gallery.htm?id=28138@cmsPhotoGallery

Ick
03-08-16, 08:40
A Russian SOF holding an AK with an M4 stock.

I ask you... if you were brought from April 30, 1975 by a time machine to 2016 and that was the only photo you saw of Russian SOF... who would you think won the cold war?

Assuming you knew what a 177 was of course.

Ryno12
03-08-16, 08:44
A Russian SOF holding an AK with an M4 stock.

I ask you... if you were brought from April 30, 1975 by a time machine to 2016 and that was the only photo you saw of Russian SOF... who would you think won the cold war?

That & they're using EOTechs also.

TacticalSledgehammer
03-08-16, 09:04
They use a lot of American made stuff. I'd suggest joining the ak operators union on facebook and look at a lot of their recent photos, some of the Russians post. It's pretty interesting.

Firefly
03-08-16, 11:06
Didn't LAV say in a video some guys are actually even using and preferring captured/smuggled M4s?

B Cart
03-08-16, 12:03
That & they're using EOTechs also.

I guess they didn't get the memo :laugh:

Didn't LAV say in a video some guys are actually even using and preferring captured/smuggled M4s?

I'm no operator, but having run both an AR and AK in many training classes, I would take an AR over an AK every day, and twice on Sunday. I wouldn't be surprised to learn some of those guys are using them or trying to get them