PDA

View Full Version : Radical Firearms Now Makes Suppressors

officerX
03-08-16, 14:08
http://www.guns.com/2016/03/08/radical-firearms-makes-suppressors-more-affordable/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=56df283b04d3017f130e7e7b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I wouldn't buy one. I'm of the mind that "you get what you pay for" and "buy once, cry once". Some of that has been, unfortunately, learned the hard way. This may get more suppressor buyers/users which may in turn beef up the argument to remove them from the NFA list. I'm just not sure.

What says M4C?

glocktogo
03-08-16, 14:16
http://www.guns.com/2016/03/08/radical-firearms-makes-suppressors-more-affordable/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=56df283b04d3017f130e7e7b&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I wouldn't buy one. I'm of the mind that "you get what you pay for" and "buy once, cry once". Some of that has been, unfortunately, learned the hard way. This may get more suppressor buyers/users which may in turn beef up the argument to remove them from the NFA list. I'm just not sure.

What says M4C?

An MSRP of $219 for a user serviceable, monocore .22LR can is a bargain. It's not going to be the quietest, but the price will be attractive to some. I'd rather pay more for premium performance, so it wouldn't be for me.

_Stormin_
03-08-16, 18:49
If it opens up the market and gets more people into suppressors, I'm all for it. More owners will lead to more support for removal of suppressors from the NFA...

If nothing more, then at least more understanding of the absurd process to procure them with the current 6 month wait for a firearm PART, and one that doesn't "silence" a damn thing.

KalashniKEV
03-09-16, 09:20
Good only because it will put pressure on the other manufacturers to keep prices down.

Johnny Neckbeard don't care about innovative design... or even quality materials. These cans will sell, just like Radical and PSA uppers do.

Suppressors have attractive margins for manufacturers because aside from the ones that truly use advanced materials and construction techniques, they are recouping their "R&D Costs" for cloning an existing can in solid edge and moving a few things around so as not to get sued... and even then a K-baffle is a K-baffle.

More simple ~$300 5.56 cans means they will have to compete on price or try to differentiate themselves by offering more performance and versatility.

officerX
04-01-17, 22:23
Does anyone have any experience with one of these yet? There still no chance I'd buy one.

polydeuces
04-02-17, 08:11
Visit forums like silencertalk, get a drill-press and (after getting your form 1/stamp ofcoooooourse...) build your own.
With the right parts very worth while at a fraction of the cost.
Hardest part is being patient, resisting the temptation putting holes in things one isnt supposed to.
Gotta love that NFA horseshit....