PDA

View Full Version : SC House passes bill banning any new federal gun laws!

svtpwnz
03-08-16, 19:36
http://shallnot.org/south-carolina-house-votes-64-30-to-take-on-all-new-federal-gun-control-efforts/

COLUMBIA, S.C. (March 3, 2016) – Today, the South Carolina House passed a bill banning the enforcement of any future federal gun control measures. Passage would render them “nearly impossible to enforce.”

Rep. Mike Pitts introduced House Bill 4701 (H4701) on Jan. 19. Titled the Second Amendment Preservation Act, the bill garnered 31 cosponsors in the House. If passed into law, the legislation would prohibit the state from enforcing any federal law, rule, or regulation taking effect after January 1, 2016, that limits the right of a person to own, possess, or use a firearm, ammunition, or firearm accessories. The bill would also prohibit the state from accepting any federal funds related to any future law, rule, or regulation, that requires firearms to be registered or confiscated. Finally, the bill would bar the state from expending any funds for the enforcement of such laws, rules or regulations.

I hope this gets through the senate and becomes law! So glad to see that our reps here in SC are on our side! It's well worth reading and I hope many other states follow.

Sensei
03-08-16, 20:44
I completely agree with the principle. I have no confidence that it will withstand a review by SCOTUS.

TAZ
03-08-16, 21:27
I completely agree with the principle. I have no confidence that it will withstand a review by SCOTUS.

Isnt there precedent that the feds cant use local resources to enforce federal laws. Believe there was something about the initial Brady checks that got whacked ala the local LEO needing to pay for the check... If the feds can tell the states to stay out of enforcing federal immigration laws then turn around is fair play.

Realistically speaking, this is just posturing. Id love to think that a state could grow a pair. If they did truly did decide to ignore fed laws why would they not do the same to SCOTUS making them pretty irrelevant. But then the last time some states did something that way out there, things went pretty sideways.

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-08-16, 21:34
We'll see their sanctuary cities and raise them sanctuary states.

fledge
03-08-16, 21:38
Sanctuary cities and the legalizing of mj which is still a federal crime. If mama don't enforce all the rules of the house equally, the kids gonna break them when they can.

Moose-Knuckle
03-09-16, 03:57
Well how many states now have told the .gov they will not enforce Federal laws regarding marijuana?

If the .gov is not going to enforce it's own immigration laws and marijuana laws then I see this as an avenue for states to push with firearms. If over night Governor Abbott made all NFA items legal here what in the hell is the BATFE going to do about it, go house to house lol?

****'em.

svtpwnz
03-09-16, 07:25
Well how many states now have told the .gov they will not enforce Federal laws regarding marijuana?

If the .gov is not going to enforce it's own immigration laws and marijuana laws then I see this as an avenue for states to push with firearms. If over night Governor Abbott made all NFA items legal here what in the hell is the BATFE going to do about it, go house to house lol?

****'em.

Pretty much my sentiment on this issue also. Without the help and support of local city and state agencies, they can't do a damn thing. I'm just glad to see where our reps stand when it comes to our right to protect ourselves.

Big A
03-09-16, 07:35

****'em.
The feds would just shut down the in state manufacturers.

Can only speculate as to what they'd do about the items that got out in the wild.

svtpwnz
03-09-16, 07:52
The feds would just shut down the in state manufacturers.

Can only speculate as to what they'd do about the items that got out in the wild.

It would be very diffacult if not impossible to do with no support from local agencies. The Feds have done very little to nothing about the cities and states pertaining to marijuana and illegal immigration.

Big A
03-09-16, 07:57

Big A
03-09-16, 08:02
It would be very diffacult if not impossible to do with no support from local agencies. The Feds have done very little to nothing about the cities and states pertaining to marijuana and illegal immigration.
The government doesn't care if you're high, but they certainly want you unarmed.

They would only have to shut down and imprison a few manufacturers before others decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

AnthonyCumia
03-09-16, 08:06
The government doesn't care if you're high, but they certainly want you unarmed.

They would only have to shut down and imprison a few manufacturers before others decide the juice isn't worth the squeeze.

On the upside with pot legal the stones will be too backed to show up and vote for the leftist so another reason why it should be legal.

KalashniKEV
03-09-16, 09:05
States already get to decide on Prostitution - YES/NO.

Let them decide on Drugs and Guns.

On the upside with pot legal the stones will be too backed to show up and vote for the leftist so another reason why it should be legal.

It'll be reefer madness!!!

Firefly
03-09-16, 09:26
If we legalized all the dope, guns, and whores .....we'd have less crime and people wouldn't be all pissed off all the time.

Dist. Expert 26
03-09-16, 09:31
If we legalized all the dope, guns, and whores .....we'd have less crime and people wouldn't be all pissed off all the time.

But then we would miss out on the fun of imposing our moral/religious beliefs onto others, and that just won't do.

MistWolf
03-09-16, 10:30
All laws are about imposing beliefs of morality & religion on others

KalashniKEV
03-09-16, 10:46

I'm sure we have all fantasized about this, but...

Imagine if one state took all the crimes of morality off the books and only had law against violent crime, or doing harm to your fellow citizen. Super limited government, low taxes for core government services- but no safety net either...

The Left would be jumping up and down saying it would be a Wild West 24/7 full auto bloodbath, the Right would be saying it would be a bunch of freakers dancing naked around a bonfire doing drugs and gay stuff... but I'll bet in a year it would be so unbelievably productive you'd be surrounding it by a minefield to keep folks out. Just think of how many industries would migrate there just to be free of onerous regulation...

Caeser25
03-09-16, 10:58
Why only future federal laws. Why not all of them?

Big A
03-09-16, 11:04

Imagine if one state took all the crimes of morality off the books and only had law against violent crime, or doing harm to your fellow citizen. Super limited government, low taxes for core government services- but no safety net either...

The Left would be jumping up and down saying it would be a Wild West 24/7 full auto bloodbath, the Right would be saying it would be a bunch of freakers dancing naked around a bonfire doing drugs and gay stuff... but I'll bet in a year it would be so unbelievably productive you'd be surrounding it by a minefield to keep folks out. Just think of how many industries would migrate there just to be free of onerous regulation...
I wanna live in that state.

svtpwnz
03-09-16, 11:22

If this were to take place, there would be a massive influx of people and businesses pouring into that state. Additionally, a fair/flat tax structure relieving businesses of massive tax burdens and severely limiting regulations would create a Syrian refugee type invasion. I sure as hell would love to live there.

Firefly
03-09-16, 11:28
So essentially Burning Man, Knob Creek, and Dragoncon everyday?

I could live with that

MistWolf
03-09-16, 14:46

That would be a place where worker would be discarded without pension when injured or maimed without being able to hold the employer accountable. It would be a place where corporations can form powerful monopolies. There would be nothing to stop big money from forcing people off their land or cutting people of even towns and cities off from water sources. The system would be completely dependent on everyone, especially the rich and powerful, having strong moral fiber and accountable to the public good and when they are corrupt, nothing could be done to change it except start a shooting war

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-09-16, 15:38
You can't have powerful monopolies with out powerful governments.

MistWolf
03-09-16, 20:31
You can't have powerful monopolies with out powerful governments.

Yes. Yes, you can. Look at the rise in power of the cattle, railroad & oil barons in the 1800s. It took the federal government stepping up its power to reign them in. In fact, the men running these corporation told the Feds that the corporations tell the government what to do. The corporations said they ran America. That's why Theodore Roosevelt made it his mission to break the monopolies. This lead to an even stronger central government.

This and other actions, passing Child Labor Laws, Worker's Compensation Laws and wielding federal powers to solve other crisis as well as exercising his power to issue Executive Orders to seize lands to establish our National Parks ate reasons why Theodore Roosevelt is considered our first modern president

JoshNC
03-09-16, 22:02

The problem is that with legalization of drugs and prostitution there will be massive influx of liberals who will turn the state blue, then elect the likes of themselves who will vote to remove those freedoms with which they disagree.