PDA

View Full Version : 60 Days in (New Jail based TV series)

kwelz
03-09-16, 16:47
So normally I hate Reality TV shows. However this one hits close to home. Literally.
They are taking normal people off the street and putting them in jail under fake charges. The idea is to see what really goes on blah blah blah.

But in this case sheriff in question along with a number of the guards are close friends of mine so I can attest that this was indeed unscripted and nobody knew about it.

I can say for a fact that the jail has been cleaned up in a big part because of what this show exposes. A number of Jail staff and officers were arrested and are being charged.

http://www.aetv.com/shows/60-days-in/

I would like your thoughts on this type of things. Personally I commend Jamey for setting this up. He put his ass on the line and some people are already saying what he did was wrong. Not even the county commissioners or the council knew

Firefly
03-09-16, 16:58
There's a lot of inconvenient truths people willfully ignore.

Jails are underfunded, overcrowded, understaffed, some COs are ill trained or not morally appropriate, the good ones are but one man in a cog, and nobody cares. Out of sight, out of mind.

You take some of the lowest life people and cram them in a cinderblock motel with bars and nothing to do but be locked up....weird things happen.

You have to be humane but....ugh.
I applaud the Sheriff for his attempt to open eyes but have no desire to watch this. Those people volunteering have no idea.

SteyrAUG
03-09-16, 17:35
So somebody made Brubaker into reality TV?

Wonder how they protected their actors?

kwelz
03-09-16, 18:39
There's a lot of inconvenient truths people willfully ignore.

Jails are underfunded, overcrowded, understaffed, some COs are ill trained or not morally appropriate, the good ones are but one man in a cog, and nobody cares. Out of sight, out of mind.

You take some of the lowest life people and cram them in a cinderblock motel with bars and nothing to do but be locked up....weird things happen.

You have to be humane but....ugh.
I applaud the Sheriff for his attempt to open eyes but have no desire to watch this. Those people volunteering have no idea.

Some have a good idea, others not so much. One guy is a teacher and literally stated he feels it will be a country club style environment. Tomorrow I plan to go ask Rob how that guys stay went.

Firefly
03-09-16, 18:51
Some have a good idea, others not so much. One guy is a teacher and literally stated he feels it will be a country club style environment. Tomorrow I plan to go ask Rob how that guys stay went.

That teacher probably drives a Prius and most likely found out who "Britney" was (Spoiler Alert: it was him). Lots of liberal preconceived notions I got from him...

There is no rationalizing with guys who share needles for tattooing, guys jacking off in plain view, or guys suitcasing contraband.

He probably thought he was just going to hang out for two months. NOPE. If you look "out of place", you get messed with because people know nobody will step in.

This ain't salt of the Earth, misunderstood types of people. These sons of bitches are locked up for a good reason.

Minor arrests will be bonded out somehow...even if just O.R. bond. But if you are in jail for two months there's a good reason for it.

Honu
03-09-16, 20:32
watched it interesting I guess :)

for some experiment WHY on earth would you do this when you have a family and kids ? is my thought ?
its pretty simple drugs are coming in from bad staff allowing it IMHO its that simple

could be fun to see what happens to the dumb teacher dude :)

kwelz
03-09-16, 20:49
OH yeah. It was staff. I know Jamie arrested at least one officer and a nurse over it..

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-09-16, 22:18
Meh, I'll skip it. I spent years in a big jail, only wearing a badge. I've seen some interesting things that no one might believe, but I've seen it.

MountainRaven
03-09-16, 22:21
I don't like being in prison when it's just to get my fingerprints taken. And that's with the relative lightweights that are out here. I can't imagine wanting to go to prison.

Vandal
03-09-16, 22:50
Meh, I'll skip it. I spent years in a big jail, only wearing a badge. I've seen some interesting things that no one might believe, but I've seen it.

I hated having to go much past booking just dropping people off or taking a report. Mad respect for COs spending their whole shift there.

Mauser KAR98K
03-09-16, 23:36
I start CO training with the state Monday. Hope it's better than trucking.

Vandal
03-10-16, 00:03
Good luck man. There was a guy a couple academy classes behind me who left the street to go back to working in the jail. He loves it. I'm working to get back on the street.

I don't know why people would voluntarily go to jail for 60 days as an inmate. Some people are just dumb.

Airhasz
03-10-16, 01:26
Never set foot in one, doubt if I could get past the stench.:sarcastic: