PDA

View Full Version : Mom Behind Pro-Gun Facebook Page Shot in the Back by a 4-Year Old

Boba Fett v2
03-09-16, 22:38
http://theweek.com/speedreads/611757/mom-behind-progun-facebook-page-shot-back-by-4yearold

Police say a Florida woman believed to run a pro-gun Facebook page was shot by her 4-year-old son while he sat in the backseat of her truck.
A Putnam County Sheriff's deputy spotted Jamie Gilt, 31, of Jacksonville, "behaving frantically" in her car on Tuesday, Capt. Joseph Wells told The Florida Times-Union. Wells said Gilt was shot through the seat and the round went through her back, and a .45-caliber handgun was found on the floor in the back of the vehicle. The boy was not injured, and Gilt was taken to a hospital in stable condition.

It is a misdemeanor under Florida law for someone to store or leave a loaded gun where a child can access it, and investigators are looking into who the gun is registered to and how the child got it. Several media outlets are reporting that Gilt is behind a Facebook page called "Jamie Gilt for Gun Sense," which features pro-gun images and messages. On Monday, the Florida-Times Union reports, Gilt left a comment on a post defending the right to carry guns, saying that "even my 4-year-old gets jacked up to target shoot the .22." Catherine Garcia

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-09-16, 22:41
Great.....just great.

Firefly
03-09-16, 22:42
.......this is a sad day for .45 proponents.

But seriously, there is so much off here but then I saw Florida and was like "oh okay"

Boba Fett v2
03-09-16, 22:45

But seriously, there is so much off here but then I saw Florida and was like "oh okay"

That was funny. No shit.

Honu
03-09-16, 22:49
yeah leave a loaded gun in the back seat out of my reach but in the reach of a 4 year old ?
sorry you are not pro gun you are a IDIOT and maybe should not be spouting about gun anything until you can control yourself !!!!!

and yeah Florida go figure :)

tarkeg
03-09-16, 23:27

That's so true. They'll be wondering why she wasn't cut in half by the .45's might.

And yeah, Florida...

SteyrAUG
03-10-16, 00:45
If only somebody came up with some basic, simple rules for firearms this sort of thing might never happen.

No different than the Wal Mart shooting. No different than if you left your 10 year old in a running car, something bad is going to happen.

This is the one thing I hate about females who CCW, the vast majority purse carry and it's a terrible idea. IF you are going to carry a gun, it should be under your direct control AT ALL TIMES. If it is not, then it's impossible for you to observe the basic rules of gun safety.

At least the kid didn't shoot himself. All things considered, probably one of the better possible outcomes.

TF82
03-10-16, 02:05
If only somebody came up with some basic, simple rules for firearms this sort of thing might never happen.

No different than the Wal Mart shooting. No different than if you left your 10 year old in a running car, something bad is going to happen.

This is the one thing I hate about females who CCW, the vast majority purse carry and it's a terrible idea. IF you are going to carry a gun, it should be under your direct control AT ALL TIMES. If it is not, then it's impossible for you to observe the basic rules of gun safety.

At least the kid didn't shoot himself. All things considered, probably one of the better possible outcomes.

This exactly. Off the body carry always makes me shake my head. On the flip side though, I understand that women's fashions aren't exactly conducive to wearing a 1.5" belt and a holster.

Also, Firefly, way to win the shit out of this thread from two different angles. Well played sir.

Moose-Knuckle
03-10-16, 02:37

I LOL IRL . . . :lol:

But yeah the enemy propaganda machine has taken off with this one. Even papers in the UK are running it.

Benito
03-10-16, 03:34
If a pro-weed-legalization guy was killed by a criminal who smoked weed, would the media circle jerk themselves to orgasm too?

Firefly, damn it, how are you always able to get me to chuckle, no matter how un-funny the thread topic is?

Big A
03-10-16, 14:26

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahaha......that's so good man...

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/local/deputies-jacksonville-woman-shot-by-4-year-old-son-stable/74118895

This dumb broad is from my home town...:rolleyes:

I need to find out what hospital room she is in and slap go damn sense into her, Jesus...

Koshinn
03-10-16, 15:10
That's so true. They'll be wondering why she wasn't cut in half by the .45's might.

And yeah, Florida...

Well it went through the seat first, which was obviously made of 3 inches of AR500 steel.

KalashniKEV
03-10-16, 15:20
sorry you are not pro gun you are a IDIOT and maybe should not be spouting about gun anything until you can control yourself !!!!!

It's actually more hilarious than that:

http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/12__Jamie_Gilt_-_Jamie_Gilt_shared_Cold_Dead_Hands_s_photo_.png

http://www.georgianewsday.com/files.php?file=assets-2016/ad_199307929_236587516.jpg

This is the triggerman:

http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/jamie-gilt.png

FishTaco
03-10-16, 15:20

All your logic is nonsensical if the kid has been gun-proofed. After showing an aptitude for target practice, it's time to gun-proof your four year old, right?

SteyrAUG
03-10-16, 15:55
Perhaps when she gets out of the hospital she can spend some time on this facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Four-Simple-Rules/237267769814095

cbx
03-10-16, 16:01

Funniest thing I've seen all day. Rofl....

_Stormin_
03-10-16, 16:23
http://www.snopes.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/jamie-gilt.png
Euro hasn't yet commented that she's kinda cute... Something must be wrong...

Eurodriver
03-10-16, 16:57
I don't mess with moms. Once that slim waist is gone there's no point.

FlyingHunter
03-10-16, 18:37

Euro's into 9mm not .45

.46caliber
03-10-16, 19:48
Euro's into 9mm not .45

Some guys can't handle the knockdown power.

Eurodriver
03-10-16, 19:55
I am "Euro" Driver. Of course I prefer a thin, fast, athletic 9mm to an overweight, old, cranky .45ACP ;)

Leaveammoforme
03-10-16, 20:17
Thing is, those 9mms are more forgiving when you don't use them just right. They just don't know any better. Some guys like the fact the that the 9mm doesn't have the experience to know who's a good shooter or not.

But, a 45 that has the experience will let you know you're no good at running a particular stage.

Honu
03-10-16, 22:35
OH MAN yeah thats pathetic for sure and kinda sad for the kids to have such idiots for parents :)

Benito
03-11-16, 02:55

I'd still smash it.

Moose-Knuckle
03-11-16, 03:00

You don't know what your missing, postpartum MILF bellies are sexy.

sva01
03-11-16, 05:43

I've noticed a softening of my body in general and I want to get back into a healthy lifestyle...

I'm sorry dude, the irony was too much for me to pass up. :D

Eurodriver
03-11-16, 06:44
I'm sorry dude, the irony was too much for me to pass up. :D

:D I'm still in better shape than most dudes so it's all good...for now ;)

http://theshapeofamother.com/

Shit scarred me for life. Not safe for work. Or for life in general.

skijunkie55
03-11-16, 10:56
I'm still trying to figure out this whole "gun-sense" and her supposed pro-gun advocate celebrity status the news it trying to play into, as if this was Colion Noir or Tac Tissy shooting themselves in the foot during a live video stream. She's a mom who shares stupid memes and shoots guns, and is followed by like 100 people... Why is this national news?

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 11:03
Because much of the media is liberal and believes that she "got what she deserved." All they want is to portray anyone involved with firearms in as negative a light as possible, and overstating the level of involvement contributes to that end goal.

KalashniKEV
03-11-16, 11:19
Because much of the media is liberal and believes that she "got what she deserved."

I think you might be trying a little too hard to view this one through a partisan lens.

It's an almost-Darwin-Award story.

1) Crazy story because little kid is in the bouncing back seat with the gat, ready for action (i.e. no "Gun Sense").
2) Shoots the mom.
3) Mom turns out to have a specific web page she created for "Gun Sense."
4) Mom circulates kids and guns internet memes on her "Gun Sense" web page.

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 11:25
I think you might be trying a little too hard to view this one through a partisan lens.

I disagree. Much of the media is ardently anti-gun and they use every opportunity they get to frame that position as the "sensible one." It doesn't matter if you're believing that they're doing it or not.

KalashniKEV
03-11-16, 13:43
Much of the media is ardently anti-gun and they use every opportunity they get to frame that position as the "sensible one."

1) What is your explanation then for the fact that far right news outlets are carrying the story?

2) Is it your recommendation then that the story be buried? (I still think it's a great story!)

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2016/03/09/pro-gun-activist-shot-by-her-4-year-old-son-after-he-grabs-gun-from-back-seat-of-her-truck/

WillBrink
03-11-16, 13:52
With friends like that....

Ryno12
04-27-16, 10:45
http://m.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/two-year-old-finds-loaded-gun-in-back-seat-accidentally-shoots-mom-b99714556z1-377258061.html

Another one.

Amazing the amount of poor decisions in this story...

KalashniKEV
04-27-16, 11:28
Another one.

Amazing the amount of poor decisions in this story...

Deputies found a security officer's gun belt, belonging to Price's boyfriend, on the floor of the front passenger seat, and a .40-caliber gun on the floor of the back seat behind the driver's seat, the release stated.

The story in the OP still beats her out for the Darwin Award since it was her gun and she was all for "Gun Sense."

Ryno12
04-27-16, 11:48
The story in the OP still beats her out for the Darwin Award since it was her gun and she was all for "Gun Sense."

I'd maybe call it a draw but then again, this one actually won it.

There's also this tidbit...

Price's mother and 1-year-old child were in the front passenger seat at the time of the shooting, authorities said. Neither child was in a car seat, according to the release.

KalashniKEV
04-27-16, 11:55
I'd maybe call it a draw.

Not even close.

There's also this tidbit...

Neither child was in a car seat, according to the release.

So?

Is the purpose of a car seat to prevent your toddler from being able to reach your fully loaded gat and plug you in the back?

Probably she wasn't wearing a seatbelt either, and had dings in her doors or a tail light out or something.

Ryno12
04-27-16, 12:01
Not even close.

Darwin made his decision & decided that you're wrong. So take it up with him.

Also, I didn't post it as being in competition with the OP, only as a "here's another", so how 'bout ya quit trolling for a change, huh?

KalashniKEV
04-27-16, 12:13
...how 'bout ya quit trolling for a change, huh?

I don't know how you could construe a comparison of the two events as trolling, after you introduced the second event, but the OP is would definitely be the Darwin Award winner.

...though I now see she's lived to breed again and promote more "Gun Sense."