PDA

View Full Version : Colt 6920

cam2692
08-19-08, 12:20
Hello guys,

I was going to buy a brand new Colt 6920 this morning because I always wanted one and all you hear is that they are the pinnacle of M4's. But instead I thought I would give Grant some business and have him put me a real nice duty weapon together for some training I will be attending this winter. I wanted something ultra reliable, well just a quality M4 foundation that wouldn’t fail me in the training or real world first responder situation. So I opted to get a BCM M4 upper with a LMT M16 BCG, forged charge handle, LMT BUIS and had Grant install a side sling swivel on it as well.

The Lower is a package that Grant sells or hand assembles, a LMT lower package #1 $338.00 model. How do you guys think this package stacks up against the Colt 6920? I think that this package is just as good or should I say I keep telling myself that.

Stay Safe, not a matter of “if” but “when”

theJanitor
08-19-08, 12:30
personally, i believe the LMT lowers to be superior to the Colts. Better triggers, really nice RE's, etc.

Army Chief
08-19-08, 13:57
Let's review: you bought a solid carbine built from top quality components and assembled by a vendor with blue chip credentials. How that might rate point for point against a Hartford original is really of negligible concern at best, and I would be very comfortable carrying your carbine into harm's way.

Chief

GONIF
08-19-08, 19:18
no poney roll mark ,but just as good or better . :D

RogerinTPA
08-19-08, 22:45
You made a good choice. Its "almost as good as a Colt":p, put together by someone who has a great rep and you saved some coin in the process. WINNER!;)

spamsammich
08-20-08, 03:16
Ask these kinds questions before you plunk down cash and the buyers remorse won't keep you up at night.

JPolito830
08-20-08, 09:02
I wouldnt second guess yourself, and you shouldnt have buyers remorse if this is what you always wanted. I think you made a fantastic choice IMO