PDA

View Full Version : Opinions - HK P2000 9mm for HD? Other options?

sundance435
03-10-16, 13:03
Seeking input: I'm looking for something in-between a Glock 26 and 19 in terms of size that I can somewhat easily tote around the house, carry for quick errands, etc. I have a Ruger LC9 Pro that I use for CC, but I'd like something bigger, with higher capacity, that's not as big as a 19, for "around the house". That has led me to the P2000, though I have no experience with it (have owned HK's before, though).

So, any P2000 9mm owners out there (which version?) that can chime in? I'm willing to consider other guns, as well, but would like to stick to 9mm. I've also considered the IWI Jericho compact polymer 9mm (can't remember the model), but it doesn't appear that it's much smaller, if at all, than a G19.

Thanks in advance.

ohsheepdog
03-10-16, 13:10
Sig P320 sub compact...great trigger & feel, between 26 & 19 in size, 12+1 capacity & weighs about the same as the Glocks.

eightpoint
03-10-16, 13:17
M&P Compact.

WickedWillis
03-10-16, 13:34
Seeking input: I'm looking for something in-between a Glock 26 and 19 in terms of size that I can somewhat easily tote around the house, carry for quick errands, etc. I have a Ruger LC9 Pro that I use for CC, but I'd like something bigger, with higher capacity, that's not as big as a 19, for "around the house". That has led me to the P2000, though I have no experience with it (have owned HK's before, though).

So, any P2000 9mm owners out there (which version?) that can chime in? I'm willing to consider other guns, as well, but would like to stick to 9mm. I've also considered the IWI Jericho compact polymer 9mm (can't remember the model), but it doesn't appear that it's much smaller, if at all, than a G19.

Thanks in advance.

The P2000 itself is roughly the same size as the Glock 19. It is a great handgun though. If you want a true in-between gun, look towards the FNS9 Compact. 12-round standard capacity but also accepts full size 17-round magazines.

sundance435
03-10-16, 14:32
How does the P2000sk or P30sk compare to the Glock 26 in terms of grip length? That's my main dig against a 26 for the purposes I stated above. The M&P compact looks like it may be close to what I'm looking for. I'll have to look into the FNS9 compact, as well.

WickedWillis
03-10-16, 14:37
How does the P2000sk or P30sk compare to the Glock 26 in terms of grip length? That's my main dig against a 26 for the purposes I stated above. The M&P compact looks like it may be close to what I'm looking for. I'll have to look into the FNS9 compact, as well.

They are very close. The ergo style grip shortened on the P30sk however, turns some people off. I don't mind it, but even people that love the P30 are not crazy about it. Your pinky will still most likely hang off of all of them. The Glock grip is just more simple and straight forward.

Arik
03-10-16, 14:49
P2000 are great, I have 2 of them but size wise it's no different than the 19

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jstalford
03-10-16, 14:49
Sig P320 sub compact...great trigger & feel, between 26 & 19 in size, 12+1 capacity & weighs about the same as the Glocks.

Plus one. I use mine for the purpose you're describing. Can even get a plus 2 extension for one mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arik
03-10-16, 17:38
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/bfd7a9792581788a51c965ed48c8a249.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/0c9da9064297b54d7256fdf10c3a3c55.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/54c49ace2a8c466f6d1cc5b7a4b6b45e.jpg

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160310/c8dcc1db5b00811071136b27174c4416.jpg

samuse
03-10-16, 19:05
P2000 is great for off body or stashed somewhere in the house use. I like a decocked gun with a heavy DA trigger for that role..

charger02
03-10-16, 19:33
Walther PPQ M2 5 inch?

Beat Trash
03-10-16, 20:25
For a gun that is between the size of a Glock 19 and a Glock 26, you are looking at something the size of an M&P9c, a 320c or the 12 shot FNS compact.

SkiDevil
03-11-16, 00:07
HK P2000 SK wih flat base plates on magazines.

TheChunkNorris
03-11-16, 01:50
I loved mine and LEM is the way to go... You can also consider a USP Compact which is about the same size and uses the same mags. There are more factory upgrades/configurations for the USP line.

MegademiC
03-11-16, 08:01
M&p compact sounds like what you want, not quite as "full sized" feeling as the g19, but damn close, and a bit smaller. Takes fs mags as a plus. Lots of support.

Can't comment on sig, no experience.

PD Sgt.
03-11-16, 08:23
For a gun that is between the size of a Glock 19 and a Glock 26, you are looking at something the size of an M&P9c, a 320c or the 12 shot FNS compact.

This, when I need something smaller than a G19 but do not feel comfortable with just my Shield, I carry my M&P 9c.

I really think the P2000, particularly with the LEM trigger (is for me) the gem in the HK line up for carry. Slightly more streamlined than the USPC and capable of mounting a full size light if needed without the USP proprietary rail. Rear decocker takes a little getting used to, but saves width on the pistol. While there are not as many trigger variants as the USP, to me that is not an issue. The only real downside is for some reason the aftermarket sight options are pretty limited, mainly Meps or Trijicon HDs.

w3453l
03-11-16, 21:03
+1 on the P2000

I have one in LEM. While the trigger does take getting used to at first, once you get it down it is, in my opinion, one of the best carry/defensive hand guns out there.

All of the HK quality is there, at a little over the price of a Glock. P2000's are from $560 - $600 new.

It's the size of a G19 and takes 15 Rd VP9/P30 mags as well.

I had a VP9 too, but had to sell a pistol. I sold the VP9, and I live in CA so that says a lot. I still have one more VP9, but decided to have two P2000's vs two VP9's. If money weren't as much of an obstacle I'd like to get a 3rd P2000.

It's a very underrated gun, but try it first. I'd just want to add that try not to get discouraged by the trigger at first. Just put a good amount of rounds thru it, and see if it grows on you

teutonicpolymer
03-11-16, 22:56
P2000 has a terrible trigger, and I mean that with the LEM/light LEM trigger included (I personally think the LEM's are worse...)

You're looking for a unicorn. The G19 is as size efficient as it gets pretty much. The Glock trigger is better and that is saying something. Heights are about the same and you have 15+1 vs 13+1. Accessories are far more abundant for the Glock and far cheaper. Unless you specifically want something different for novelty, I wouldn't change.

HCM
03-12-16, 00:13
The semi auto options for bigger than an LC-9 smaller than a G19 have been pretty well covered (G26, P2000sk, etc). I've pocket carried a G26 before but weight is an issue.

Honestly for a "lounge around" gun you can wear with gyms shorts for yard work,walking the dog, errands or just on the couch it is hard to beat an air weight S&W J frame revolver. 2nd Choice would be a G42.

The P2000 is a great gun, especially since HK dropped the price, but it is a G19 sized, belt carry gun.

TheChunkNorris
03-12-16, 04:37
P2000 has a terrible trigger, and I mean that with the LEM/light LEM trigger included (I personally think the LEM's are worse...)

You're looking for a unicorn. The G19 is as size efficient as it gets pretty much. The Glock trigger is better and that is saying something. Heights are about the same and you have 15+1 vs 13+1. Accessories are far more abundant for the Glock and far cheaper. Unless you specifically want something different for novelty, I wouldn't change.

Funny you say that because companies make their livelihoods on triggers for Glock. What "accessories" other than maybe a light or sights both of which aren't made by H&K would you get for a CC or home defense handgun? With that said there's many factory options for triggers on the P2000. I might be wrong but i think the LEM 4.1 can be done to a P2000 too.

Both guns are 100% reliable, both have poly barrels, both are well built, HK loses to the 19 with magazine capacity, Glock loses in ergonomics, H&K has factory support on factory upgraded trigger options and they're both around the same price.

teutonicpolymer
03-12-16, 07:54
Funny you say that because companies make their livelihoods on triggers for Glock. What "accessories" other than maybe a light or sights both of which aren't made by H&K would you get for a CC or home defense handgun? With that said there's many factory options for triggers on the P2000. I might be wrong but i think the LEM 4.1 can be done to a P2000 too.

Both guns are 100% reliable, both have poly barrels, both are well built, HK loses to the 19 with magazine capacity, Glock loses in ergonomics, H&K has factory support on factory upgraded trigger options and they're both around the same price.

That is my point, the P2000 trigger is horrible and by comparison the Glock is amazing. Having a dozen options for trigger configurations means nothing when they are all bad. HK has gray guns and hkparts, that is about it.

Accessories? Well replacement parts are infinitely easier to source for the Glock. Magazines are much cheaper. You can screw around with the parts how you see fit and get an extended mag release or ten, various slide stops, guide rods, springs, connectors including the OEM minus connector, etc etc. If you want an RDS there are companies that specifically mill Glock slides and Geissele makes mounts, if you want a magwell you can get that, and if you want barrels to go suppressed it is way easier and cheaper to get one for the Glock versus any HK.

TheChunkNorris
03-12-16, 09:54
That is my point, the P2000 trigger is horrible and by comparison the Glock is amazing. Having a dozen options for trigger configurations means nothing when they are all bad. HK has gray guns and hkparts, that is about it.

Accessories? Well replacement parts are infinitely easier to source for the Glock. Magazines are much cheaper. You can screw around with the parts how you see fit and get an extended mag release or ten, various slide stops, guide rods, springs, connectors including the OEM minus connector, etc etc. If you want an RDS there are companies that specifically mill Glock slides and Geissele makes mounts, if you want a magwell you can get that, and if you want barrels to go suppressed it is way easier and cheaper to get one for the Glock versus any HK.

Ha well it is the interwebz and no the trigger isn't "terrible". Hkparts doesn't do trigger work and those kits with the exception of the VP9 match kit are factory HK parts so I don't know where you're going with that. Gray Guns and Lazy Wolf guns actually do trigger work on them as well as refinish them. L&M and Ashbury do RDS' for various HK models... RCM makes threaded barrels too. I think you're playing into the stigma that most do here. Being that I own both a Glock and several HKs, a G19 is a solid option and so is the P2000... and the Glock trigger is the worst of my collection and that's also my opinion. Will you tell me my assessment in my other post is wrong? Glock mags go for about $35.00 and HK mags are about $37.00... again what's your point.

Arik
03-12-16, 10:27
P2000 9mm mags are about the same price as G19 mags unless you have some sort of discount or know a place where one is cheaper than the other. P2000 40s&w mags are about $30.

teutonicpolymer
03-12-16, 10:41
Ha well it is the interwebz and no the trigger isn't "terrible". Hkparts doesn't do trigger work and those kits with the exception of the VP9 match kit are factory HK parts so I don't know where you're going with that. Gray Guns and Lazy Wolf guns actually do trigger work on them as well as refinish them. L&M and Ashbury do RDS' for various HK models... RCM makes threaded barrels too. I think you're playing into the stigma that most do here. Being that I own both a Glock and several HKs, a G19 is a solid option and so is the P2000... and the Glock trigger is the worst of my collection and that's also my opinion. Will you tell me my assessment in my other post is wrong? Glock mags go for about $35.00 and HK mags are about $37.00... again what's your point.

It is obvious you are biased in favor of the HK which is fine. Everyone has their own tastes, however using points that are just flat out false like Glock mags being $35 a piece is not necessary. There are Glock mags that go for that much, but they're the big stick mags like the 33rd 9mm ones and even then I've seen them for less than that. Glock OEM mags go for $20-$25, and the Magpul ones are as low as $12-$13.

Look at what gets used in competitive shooting. No one at the top levels use HK hammer fired guns to my knowledge, and it's not because people dislike DA/SA otherwise the CZ pistols wouldn't be so popular and dominant. Glocks are also widely used and I guarantee that if they had a trigger like the LEM then no one would use them. I'd argue it's because you cannot really make the trigger objectively good. I believe the HK pro team briefly used the USP expert 9mm (one of the HK's I still want to buy) a few years back when HK started making them again. Even with the match trigger, they got dumped for the VP9.

I don't understand how someone can even try to make the argument that the HK aftermarket is remotely marginal. Weren't companies welding up HK barrels for like the VP9 and perhaps other models since threaded options weren't available? I suppose now you can get one through hkparts but if I remember correctly they're about $300... A Glock match barrel is half that...

TheChunkNorris
03-12-16, 11:00
It is obvious you are biased in favor of the HK which is fine. Everyone has their own tastes, however using points that are just flat out false like Glock mags being $35 a piece is not necessary. There are Glock mags that go for that much, but they're the big stick mags like the 33rd 9mm ones and even then I've seen them for less than that. Glock OEM mags go for $20-$25, and the Magpul ones are as low as $12-$13.

Look at what gets used in competitive shooting. No one at the top levels use HK hammer fired guns to my knowledge, and it's not because people dislike DA/SA otherwise the CZ pistols wouldn't be so popular and dominant. Glocks are also widely used and I guarantee that if they had a trigger like the LEM then no one would use them. I'd argue it's because you cannot really make the trigger objectively good. I believe the HK pro team briefly used the USP expert 9mm (one of the HK's I still want to buy) a few years back when HK started making them again. Even with the match trigger, they got dumped for the VP9.

I don't understand how someone can even try to make the argument that the HK aftermarket is remotely marginal. Weren't companies welding up HK barrels for like the VP9 and perhaps other models since threaded options weren't available? I suppose now you can get one through hkparts but if I remember correctly they're about $300... A Glock match barrel is half that...

The two pistols we're talking about are very comparable and you inserted the objective trigger is terrible remark. With that said, my best shooting gun is a CZ Tac sport and a HK P7. No, no one was "welding up" barrels for a VP9 and I think you're referring to Tornado Technologies doing work on legacy HK models(P7/P9), RCM was the first to make them and SiCo makes some now. The RCM P2000 barrel is $230 if I remember correctly.

The aftermarket is obviously better on the Glock(there's a good reason for that too btw) vs HK but you're making it seem like no one does anything on HKs... 10yrs ago maybe but definitely not the case now. You're right about the magazine prices and I will eat that one, I did a quick google search and yes the 33rd magazines are 35.00. The Expert was used to shoot in the production class and they used P30L models before that so it only makes sense for them to go to a VP9. Bud's has Experts btw but I don't know if they have the new Jet Funnel mags on them.. first thing I did on mine was swap out the V1(DA/SA) to a Hybrid LEM.

teutonicpolymer
03-12-16, 22:37
The two pistols we're talking about are very comparable and you inserted the objective trigger is terrible remark. With that said, my best shooting gun is a CZ Tac sport and a HK P7. No, no one was "welding up" barrels for a VP9 and I think you're referring to Tornado Technologies doing work on legacy HK models(P7/P9), RCM was the first to make them and SiCo makes some now. The RCM P2000 barrel is $230 if I remember correctly.

The aftermarket is obviously better on the Glock(there's a good reason for that too btw) vs HK but you're making it seem like no one does anything on HKs... 10yrs ago maybe but definitely not the case now. You're right about the magazine prices and I will eat that one, I did a quick google search and yes the 33rd magazines are 35.00. The Expert was used to shoot in the production class and they used P30L models before that so it only makes sense for them to go to a VP9. Bud's has Experts btw but I don't know if they have the new Jet Funnel mags on them.. first thing I did on mine was swap out the V1(DA/SA) to a Hybrid LEM.

I do not want to sound like I absolutely hate HK's because I don't, and I don't want to sound like one of those people that will only own two guns and then have backups of each or something (I don't understand how people can enjoy a lack of variety...)

There are numerous HK's I wish I have bought over the years including the HK P7 PSP's that were (relatively speaking) dirt cheap police surplus imports. I don't regret passing up on the P2000 when I was considering one however.

I feel the main point here is that the P2000 is at most a lateral move and is not going to give the op what he wants.

armtx77
03-13-16, 10:04

Striker fired pistols are always going to have a cleaner trigger. With that being said the first things guys do is drop in Apex parts into their Glocks and Smiths. Compare those apples to the VP9, not a LEM variant. You can get a dozen trigger variants direct through HK. I don't of another manufacture that can boast that.

SO, the aftermarket for HK triggers is a mute point. Are you limited in the sights category. A little bit, but not as bad as it used to be. There are no better mags on the market than HK MAGS...IMO of course and YMMV.

LEM DAO not DA/SA. Two springs and you get a 5lbs pull in Lite LEM. Throw in the 4.1 kit and it reduces the take up by half and rest by about a 1/3. This completely mud holes everything in the DAO category. There is nothing that is better than that set up...period.

Comparing striker to DAO is impossible. DAO is difficult to master and when there are other easier options, many don't want to mess with the LEM. People get frustrated by LEM. It tends to expose people who think they are good with a pistol. In reality, if everyone learned on the LEM, they would be better with everything else.

There is literally a threaded barrel option for every HK except the VP9 and has been for several years. I think there is one for the VP9 as well in the not to distant future.

There will always be hate based on perceived lack of this, that or the other. Amazing that people still live in the "HK hates you" mentality of a decade ago.

armtx77
03-13-16, 10:47
I do not want to sound like I absolutely hate HK's because I don't, and I don't want to sound like one of those people that will only own two guns and then have backups of each or something (I don't understand how people can enjoy a lack of variety...)

There are numerous HK's I wish I have bought over the years including the HK P7 PSP's that were (relatively speaking) dirt cheap police surplus imports. I don't regret passing up on the P2000 when I was considering one however.

I feel the main point here is that the P2000 is at most a lateral move and is not going to give the op what he wants.

Ha...I should have read another couple of posts

TheChunkNorris
03-13-16, 12:13
Striker fired pistols are always going to have a cleaner trigger. With that being said the first things guys do is drop in Apex parts into their Glocks and Smiths. Compare those apples to the VP9, not a LEM variant. You can get a dozen trigger variants direct through HK. I don't of another manufacture that can boast that.

SO, the aftermarket for HK triggers is a mute point. Are you limited in the sights category. A little bit, but not as bad as it used to be. There are no better mags on the market than HK MAGS...IMO of course and YMMV.

LEM DAO not DA/SA. Two springs and you get a 5lbs pull in Lite LEM. Throw in the 4.1 kit and it reduces the take up by half and rest by about a 1/3. This completely mud holes everything in the DAO category. There is nothing that is better than that set up...period.

Comparing striker to DAO is impossible. DAO is difficult to master and when there are other easier options, many don't want to mess with the LEM. People get frustrated by LEM. It tends to expose people who think they are good with a pistol. In reality, if everyone learned on the LEM, they would be better with everything else.

There is literally a threaded barrel option for every HK except the VP9 and has been for several years. I think there is one for the VP9 as well in the not to distant future.

There will always be hate based on perceived lack of this, that or the other. Amazing that people still live in the "HK hates you" mentality of a decade ago.

You can buy threaded barrels now for the VP9. Yes you're right they're not OEM but they're still available if you choose to go that route. Some people just don't know about some of the trigger variants and think that if it's factory... it's not as good as the aftermarket. As far as a striker fired pistol having "cleaner" triggers... I can't agree with you there because a tuned 1911 will always have a better trigger than any striker fired pistol regardless of who did the work.

teutonicpolymer
03-13-16, 12:46
You can buy threaded barrels now for the VP9. Yes you're right they're not OEM but they're still available if you choose to go that route. Some people just don't know about some of the trigger variants and think that if it's factory... it's not as good as the aftermarket. As far as a striker fired pistol having "cleaner" triggers... I can't agree with you there because a tuned 1911 will always have a better trigger than any striker fired pistol regardless of who did the work.

I think there are good and bad triggers of every type, I mean the BHP is also single action and has a pretty bad trigger pull.

TheChunkNorris
03-13-16, 12:54
I think there are good and bad triggers of every type, I mean the BHP is also single action and has a pretty bad trigger pull.

True but the end result is amazing, Novak does crazy nice jobs on them. With that said the benchmark for striker fired pistols would be a Walther PPX as far as out of the box trigger pull.

armtx77
03-13-16, 17:24
Of cousre and it sits at the mountain top in this conversation(1911 trigger)

WickedWillis
03-14-16, 14:18
Chunk, is there an install spring on the P2000 and P30 series that shortens the reset? That is my only bitch about the HK triggers. Reset is unnecessarily long.

jc000
03-15-16, 04:33
Uhhh… isn't LEM 4.1 pretty much unobtanium?

TheChunkNorris
03-15-16, 06:29
Uhhh… isn't LEM 4.1 pretty much unobtanium?

No sir! You can get the parts directly through HK USA! Montrala has a blog and has the part numbers.

Chunk, is there an install spring on the P2000 and P30 series that shortens the reset? That is my only bitch about the HK triggers. Reset is unnecessarily long.

On the LEM or the DA/SA? I'm pretty sure you'd want the LEM V4.1 if you're referring to a LEM. There's not one spring per say and it's usually part of multiple parts.

Link for LEM V4.1
http://montrala.blogspot.com/2013/06/hk-p30p30l-short-travel-lem-cda-trigger.html

Not sure if I can post other forum's sale threads here but check out HKpro, one of the members is assembling these kits so just PM him.

montrala
03-15-16, 06:41

On recent IWA fairs in Germany HK quietly (eclipsed by MR223A3 11", MR308A3 13" and SP5K) presented new SFP9SD (EU equivalent of VP9) with threaded barrel and adjustable sights for civilian market,

WickedWillis
03-15-16, 10:30
No sir! You can get the parts directly through HK USA! Montrala has a blog and has the part numbers.

On the LEM or the DA/SA? I'm pretty sure you'd want the LEM V4.1 if you're referring to a LEM. There's not one spring per say and it's usually part of multiple parts.

Link for LEM V4.1
http://montrala.blogspot.com/2013/06/hk-p30p30l-short-travel-lem-cda-trigger.html

Not sure if I can post other forum's sale threads here but check out HKpro, one of the members is assembling these kits so just PM him.

Preferably the DA/SA but thank you for your response. I did some searching and heard C.A.R does fantastic HK trigger work.

TheChunkNorris
03-15-16, 14:58
Preferably the DA/SA but thank you for your response. I did some searching and heard C.A.R does fantastic HK trigger work.

Well with that said all my USP's are all converted to a LEM and the one that has the most rounds down the pipe is a Match LEM Hybrid. I get a lot of people that say they hate HK triggers until they shoot that one and are amazed.

WickedWillis
03-15-16, 16:09
Well with that said all my USP's are all converted to a LEM and the one that has the most rounds down the pipe is a Match LEM Hybrid. I get a lot of people that say they hate HK triggers until they shoot that one and are amazed.

The only thing I truly dislike on HK triggers are the reset, it doesn't need to be that long imo. I only hav elike 50 rounds down range with the LEM trigger on a P2000. My other several thousand HK rounds (USP 45, HK45, P30) were all V3 guns. Hell, the HK45 has a better overall trigger than the P30 or USP series imo.

w3453l
03-16-16, 21:43
Sorry for the derail, but just to confirm, the LEM 4.1 only reduces the reset right? So going from V2 to 4.1 I will still have the same pull weight right?

Another thing I wanted to bring up was that I remember reading a thread a while back on HKPro about an LEM variant known as "Swiss LEM". It was supposed to reduce pull weight and reset if I remember correctly. Is anyone here familiar with this "Swiss LEM"? Apparently it was a factory trigger conversion kit that HK was supposed to start offering, but I'm wondering if it isn't the LEM 4.1 that was mentioned above?

montrala
03-17-16, 08:21
Sorry for the derail, but just to confirm, the LEM 4.1 only reduces the reset right? So going from V2 to 4.1 I will still have the same pull weight right?

No, it does not reduce reset. Complete conversion brings weight to V4 level (ca. 6lb), but use of springs from other variants can make it to be "V2.1" or "V1.1". Detailed description what it does is here: http://montrala.blogspot.com/2013/06/hk-p30p30l-short-travel-lem-cda-trigger.html

w3453l
03-17-16, 21:11
Ok thanks now I see it. So is there any way to reduce the pre-travel as in the 4.1, and at the same time reduce the reset?

HCM
03-18-16, 01:27
Ok thanks now I see it. So is there any way to reduce the pre-travel as in the 4.1, and at the same time reduce the reset?

Grayguns offers an LEM reset reduction package. Is is pricey due to the requirement to re-Finish / re-harden the internals after the work.

Tigereye
03-18-16, 06:49
As a couple of others have mentioned, the M&P9c probably fits between the 26 and 19.

gunrunner505
03-18-16, 07:48
Didn't see anyone mention a CZ P-07. I've seen good reports on them. Might be worth a look- see.

WickedWillis
03-18-16, 11:29
As a couple of others have mentioned, the M&P9c probably fits between the 26 and 19.

But it's far worse of a firearm than the other two mentioned.

Didn't see anyone mention a CZ P-07. I've seen good reports on them. Might be worth a look- see.

Great gun for sure, it's G19 sized though.

Tigereye
03-18-16, 17:00
Sorry but I didn't realize it was far worse.

But it's far worse of a firearm than the other two mentioned.

Great gun for sure, it's G19 sized though.

WickedWillis
03-18-16, 17:03
Sorry but I didn't realize it was far worse.
Just my humble opinion, I didn't mean to come off so harsh.

Tigereye
03-18-16, 18:18
It's cool. Thanks

The Dumb Gun Collector
03-19-16, 10:19
The M&P Compact is probably what you are looking for (and it has an excellent laser grip option) but the P2000 is probably the best "one handgun" solution. They are available with a lot of trigger options (although I like the standard LEM as it is as simple as a Glock with a little margin of safety added).The great thing about the P2000 is that it will be GTG out of the box. There will be no trips back to the factory, no ejectors to replace, no "get this magic extractor" and it won't throw brass into your eyes (which is nice if you don't wear glasses and can imagine shooting a gun in a scenario where you don't happen to have your eye protection).

m4brian
03-19-16, 15:18
G19 is plenty easy to carry, and perfect for HD or doing errands. P99 is also VERY good, and is only a tad taller than the G19, and gives DA/SA. CZ P01 Omega (out in a few months) will be great, and of course the P07 is fine.

You can use extended mags on the MP compact and bring your capacity up.

Slvr Surfr
03-20-16, 16:49
I'll throw this out there, because from the OP, I wasn't able to figure out what part of the G19 is too big per se. You can have your G26/27 size slide, with G19 grip and magazine capacity with this sleeve extension.

http://www.amazon.com/XGRIP-Magazine-Adaptor-Glock-26/dp/B00CLZWZB4

Tzook
03-20-16, 17:12
Just my .02, but if your primary purpose for this is not concealed carry but around the house use, why not opt for something that's as big as possible? I carry something larger than you as my daily carry, (G19) but opt for the biggest gun I can use for HD use. If you never need to hide it, and have something else that fills that role, why not just use a rifle?