Koshinn
03-10-16, 15:04
Trailer 2, came out today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKrVegVI0Us

Trailer 1, a few months ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVdV-lxRPFo

Big A
03-10-16, 15:32
God that looks like it is gonna be great.

Koshinn
03-10-16, 16:32
God that looks like it is gonna be great.

I really like the issues this and the last Captain America movies brought up. Winter Soldier was about privacy vs "security" in the context of massive government surveillance in order to prevent or quickly end crime. This movie is about registration and government control vs individual freedoms.

With Hollywood being so liberal, it's surprising this and the last movie were even made, with the main character falling on the side of libertarianism.

Firefly
03-10-16, 17:00
I hope Cap and Bucky beat the shit out of Iron Man and Spiderman. Call Black Widow a bitch and push her in a mud puddle. Then go downrange with Punisher and Hawkeye and just hang out drinking and chasing skirt

ETA and Thor. How could I possibly forget Thor?!

WickedWillis
03-10-16, 17:14
Spiderman's voice is ****ing terrible lol I think it's only a rushed audio for the trailer though.

WickedWillis
03-10-16, 17:15
I really like the issues this and the last Captain America movies brought up. Winter Soldier was about privacy vs "security" in the context of massive government surveillance in order to prevent or quickly end crime. This movie is about registration and government control vs individual freedoms.

With Hollywood being so liberal, it's surprising this and the last movie were even made, with the main character falling on the side of libertarianism.

It's the ethos of the whole Civil War from the comics though. That and Superhero identities and freedom.

Koshinn
03-10-16, 17:48
It's the ethos of the whole Civil War from the comics though. That and Superhero identities and freedom.

Yep. I think the comics will turn out to be more interesting from an ethics perspective than the movie though. In the comics, it was basically an allegory for gun control - it was sparked by a "school shooting" (school exploding actually, but whatever) and involved regulating "weapons" (super powered people), whether they're good or bad.

The movie seems more in line with Batman vs Superman... dealing with collateral damage from large battles and who should be held accountable.

I hope Cap and Bucky beat the shit out of Iron Man and Spiderman. Call Black Widow a bitch and push her in a mud puddle. Then go downrange with Punisher and Hawkeye and just hang out drinking and chasing skirt

ETA and Thor. How could I possibly forget Thor?!

Thor 99% sure won't be in Civil War. He's not only literally not American, he's not even Human.

I did hear the Hulk might be in it though.

WickedWillis
03-10-16, 17:52
Yep. I think the comics will turn out to be more interesting from an ethics perspective than the movie though. In the comics, it was basically an allegory for gun control - it was sparked by a "school shooting" (school exploding actually, but whatever) and involved regulating "weapons" (super powered people), whether they're good or bad.

The movie seems more in line with Batman vs Superman... dealing with collateral damage from large battles and who should be held accountable.

Thor 99% sure won't be in Civil War. He's not only literally not American, he's not even Human.

I did hear the Hulk might be in it though.

Rumor is Hulk left the planet, so he's supposed to be absent in this film.

Scrubber3
03-10-16, 18:09
Rumor is Hulk left the planet, so he's supposed to be absent in this film.
That's good because it'd make a short movie. Seriously, who'd handle hulk?

FromMyColdDeadHand
03-10-16, 18:26

Assuming he is on a 'side'.

Did I hear it right that Stark is saying that they need limits and accountability? Wasn't that what he was against for Ironman in the first two Iron Man movies?

MountainRaven
03-10-16, 19:38

The original character created to fight the Hulk: Wolverine. But since he's tied into the Fox movies, I wouldn't hold my breath.

With Marvel Studios using inhumans instead of mutants, we could see X-23. But I still wouldn't hold my breath.

Firefly
03-10-16, 19:39
Hulk vs Juggernaut

MountainRaven
03-10-16, 19:42
Assuming he is on a 'side'.

Did I hear it right that Stark is saying that they need limits and accountability? Wasn't that what he was against for Ironman in the first two Iron Man movies?

That was before an alien invasion, three helicarriers crashing into the Patomac, the gutting of the globe's foremost international intelligence and law enforcement agency following neo-Nazi infiltration, and a small Eastern European country being levitated thousands of feet into the air and then crashing to earth. He may have also been pretty drunk at the time.

Firefly
03-10-16, 19:51
Tony Stark is not the shrewd capitalist people think.

He's a plutocrat. He is like Batman. He thinks he should have killswitches for everyone and everything. Steve Jobs and oppressive EULAs out the ass.

Like Ultron. Nobody asked him for it. He just did it.

Captain America, however, is a soldier. Born poor and weak. A veteran of the Second World War He knows first hand what licensing and registration leads to. Guys getting hauled off in the night. Cap doesn't represent the government, he represents America.

jpmuscle
03-10-16, 19:58
I really need to read more comics to get the storylines..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Koshinn
03-10-16, 20:02
I really need to read more comics to get the storylines..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Here's a multi-part youtube series on the civil war:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rnGpuWPhXw

Scrubber3
03-10-16, 21:02
Hulk vs Juggernaut
"Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut, bi+ch!"

Seriously: Hulk. Hulk vs anyone. .... Hulk. Wolverine got ripped in half and his separate halves were thrown miles away. Thor would've been killed if not for being brought back because hulk had no business in asgard. He beat juggernaut as well. Don't remember the whole story...

Loki: I have an army
Stark: We have a Hulk

MountainRaven
03-10-16, 21:04
"Don't you know who I am? I'm the juggernaut, bi+ch!"

Seriously: Hulk. Hulk vs anyone. .... Hulk. Wolverine got ripped in half and his separate halves were thrown miles away. Thor would've been killed if not for being brought back because hulk had no business in asgard. He beat juggernaut as well. Don't remember the whole story...

Loki: I have an army
Stark: We have a Hulk

There's also always Red Hulk.

Koshinn
03-10-16, 21:09
There's also always Red Hulk.

Carol Danvers in some situations could likely beat the Hulk if she wanted to actually kill him.

Thor has a chance.

Scarlet Witch in comics form undoubtedly can. Not sure about the movie version.

Vision, now that he has an infinity gem, has a good chance.

Firefly
03-10-16, 21:18
Galactus could probably whip Hulks ass.

As for Carol Danvers, holy shit, I'd throw that fight. Classic Ms. Marvel with the whoreboots and bandit mask.

Not the new muslim one.

sadmin
03-10-16, 21:23
Franklin Richards would defeat Hulk, no issue.

Koshinn
03-10-16, 21:47
Galactus could probably whip Hulks ass.

As for Carol Danvers, holy shit, I'd throw that fight. Classic Ms. Marvel with the whoreboots and bandit mask.

Not the new muslim one.

In a comic, she fought a hulk-skrull. She threw it into orbit, then watched just out of arms reach as it slowly died of suffocation.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/6/69316/1670217-ms_marvel_28_mrshepherd_megan_pg11_1_.jpg

Franklin Richards would defeat Hulk, no issue.

Franklin Richards is owned by Fox, so he doesn't count.

Quiet
03-12-16, 20:27
Who has the movie rights as of 2015...
https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Y1s1q7izQI_64suw10nOpTSCMIA=/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/3395286/marvel-rights-1334x1067.0.jpeg

ForTehNguyen
03-12-16, 22:16

Koshinn
03-12-16, 23:02

First post :p

interfan
03-12-16, 23:17
All I see in the trailer is $300 more in Lego super heroes stuff for my son. Thanks Marvel. :(

MountainRaven
03-13-16, 00:21
All I see in the trailer is $300 more in Lego super heroes stuff for my son. Thanks Marvel. :(

Only $129.97 for the three Civil War sets.

>.>
<.<