PDA

View Full Version : Spring & Summer Time Colognes for MEN.

Straight Shooter
03-10-16, 23:32
Looking for suggestions for new colognes for MEN above 50 years old. Nothing LOUD. Made with quality that dries down nicely and is unique, something not everyone is wearing.
My old stand-by's are a few Creed & Burburry colognes, if this will give you an idea of what I like.
PLEASE do not suggest ANYTHING sold by any store with "mart" in the name. Price is not too much of a concern.
I swear most of the stuff these people wear today, especially the "millenials"..and especially the females, smell like either cat piss & maple syrup, or something a San Fran fag would wear.
Would rather you gents my age and up chime in.

TheChunkNorris
03-10-16, 23:55
My step dad loves Bleu de Chanel. I'm a little younger than your age group but take a look at Versace Man... it's a little light but I've never had someone say they didn't like it.

Kenneth
03-11-16, 00:14
Also extreme blue by Micheal Kors. It's super strong while wet but once it dries it mellows down and smells great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshNC
03-11-16, 01:00
Bvulgari Man

elephant
03-11-16, 02:24
I got my first bj in 8th grade while wearing cool water, so that's my go to cologne. Other than that I like (my girlfriend likes) burberry which is light and sweet, guicci black which is light with a hint of spice, bvlgari man, and tom ford which is in your face but a nice soft masculine smell.

Wake27
03-11-16, 02:40
I got my first bj in 8th grade while wearing cool water, so that's my go to cologne. Other than that I like (my girlfriend likes) burberry which is light and sweet, guicci black which is light with a hint of spice, bvlgari man, and tom ford which is in your face but a nice soft masculine smell.

Hahahahaha that's awesome.

Leaveammoforme
03-11-16, 03:10
Hoppes #9 for trips around town and just generally smelling like a man.

Frog lube for a more tropical scent. Goes well with Hawaiian shirts.

Fireclean for a more down to earth, home man, Betty Crocker baker scent.

Moose-Knuckle
03-11-16, 03:29
I tend to just stick with my beard balm and or oil.

But I keep a bottle of Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, great summer time scent.

Eurodriver
03-11-16, 04:45
Over 50?!?! :eek:

Outlander Systems
03-11-16, 07:04
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81AIm91sMfL._SY355_.jpg

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 07:18
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81AIm91sMfL._SY355_.jpg
YOU SIR WIN THE INTERNET TODAY...

I know that this is the General Discussion forum and that anything goes but DAMN... A cologne thread on the board?

To contribute... Smell like a damned man. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s625/_Stormin_/image2_zpsaxqor5eb.jpg
http://i1309.photobucket.com/albums/s625/_Stormin_/image1_zps9motvjxo.jpg

Thread needed a firearm pic.

MegademiC
03-11-16, 08:13
I just have a permanent residual bacon and gunpowder scent, with notes of hard work, mixed with the motivation oozing from my pores. It's worked well so far.

Seriously, when I wear cologne, it's ussually ck one, but it's rare.

That tom ford looks interesting.

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 08:21
I'll admit, it's good stuff. Bit on the high side price wise, but not smelling like everyone else usually means having to buy something not everyone wants to pay for.

Straight Shooter
03-11-16, 08:26
I'll admit, it's good stuff. Bit on the high side price wise, but not smelling like everyone else usually means having to buy something not everyone wants to pay for.

EXACTLY.

scooter22
03-11-16, 08:27
Chanel Bleu

Outlander Systems
03-11-16, 08:34
; )

I have a fragrance I would like to present:

It's Called, "MAN", *By Outlander.

It's a unique blend of WD40, Sawdust, and Sweat.

YOU SIR WIN THE INTERNET TODAY...

I know that this is the General Discussion forum and that anything goes but DAMN... A cologne thread on the board?

To contribute... Smell like a damned man. Tom Ford Tobacco Vanilla

MountainRaven
03-11-16, 09:37
I was going to say that men should smell like clean human being. Foofy perfumes are for women and drag queens.

And then I realized that was just my white cisgendered hetero male privilege speaking.

So, hey, if you're in touch with your feminine side, if you're not heteronormative, do what makes you happy. I don't care.

(On a more serious note, I don't care what sex or gender or orientation you are. A good smelling human being smells like clean human being. Nothing more, nothing less. But if it tickles you to coat your body in whale vomit, knock yourself out. I won't be able to smell it through the internet anyway.)

:p

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 10:43
If I wanted a man's opinion of how I should smell, that would probably be leaning more towards the homo end of the spectrum.

WOMEN like a good smelling man. I like women. One in particular that really keeps me happy. So she gets to pick the cologne. I really don't give two sh!ts what other men think if she's happy. That said, when I did not know this particular woman, the object wasn't to attract men or to be appealing to them but to attract women. If women like whale vomit, good on them, somehow I'll find a way to like it too. Men have been putting on "cologne" for millennia, so it's not like we've just now stumbled upon this.

wildcard600
03-11-16, 10:52
Valvoline 10W-30

Outlander Systems
03-11-16, 11:00
#Winning

Valvoline 10W-30

Straight Shooter
03-11-16, 11:10
I was going to say that men should smell like clean human being. Foofy perfumes are for women and drag queens.

And then I realized that was just my white cisgendered hetero male privilege speaking.

So, hey, if you're in touch with your feminine side, if you're not heteronormative, do what makes you happy. I don't care.

(On a more serious note, I don't care what sex or gender or orientation you are. A good smelling human being smells like clean human being. Nothing more, nothing less. But if it tickles you to coat your body in whale vomit, knock yourself out. I won't be able to smell it through the internet anyway.)

Gents--- THIS is a perfect example of a completely unnecessary, & un-needed post. Added NOTHING to the conversation, and showed the poster to be so ignorant on the subject at hand that he resorted to posting the crap above. To him & others like him, please refrain from posting in any thread I start again, if you cannot provide an answer or opinion relevant to the conversation.

Outlander Systems
03-11-16, 11:32
Since you want a serious answer.

Drakkar Noir.

Gents--- THIS is a perfect example of a completely unnecessary, & un-needed post. Added NOTHING to the conversation, and showed the poster to be so ignorant on the subject at hand that he resorted to posting the crap above. To him & others like him, please refrain from posting in any thread I start again, if you cannot provide an answer or opinion relevant to the conversation.

3 AE
03-11-16, 11:33
Does "Hai Karate" and "Brut 33" still make the list! Haven't worn cologne in quite some time. Though I have found that dressing well, having a clean car, and telling her to order whatever she wanted on the menu was pretty much a lock on the evenings festivities. ;)

wildcard600
03-11-16, 12:01
I've always been a fan of Nautica Competition.

26 Inf
03-11-16, 13:08
I'm well over 50 - these are my go to's:

Old Spice Classic Cologne - Old Spice Cologne has been around for generations. If your grandfather hadn’t worn it, you wouldn’t exist. Neither would velvet paintings, the chili dog and sheepskin rugs -- manly things that were made by men who smelled strong and splashed Old Spice cologne on their faces before doing other manly stuff during their day.

Bay Rum - many brands currently Ogalala(sp?) from Duluth Rading

CK One - this is kind of metrosexual but my sister gifted me some after I became single again - nobody complained. I still break it out every once and a while - daughters and wife comment favorably. Wore it on first date with wife.

But I love Old Spice and Bay Rum.

Straight Shooter
03-11-16, 13:17
I'm well over 50 - these are my go to's:

Old Spice Classic Cologne - Old Spice Cologne has been around for generations. If your grandfather hadn’t worn it, you wouldn’t exist. Neither would velvet paintings, the chili dog and sheepskin rugs -- manly things that were made by men who smelled strong and splashed Old Spice cologne on their faces before doing other manly stuff during their day.

Bay Rum - many brands currently Ogalala(sp?) from Duluth Rading

CK One - this is kind of metrosexual but my sister gifted me some after I became single again - nobody complained. I still break it out every once and a while - daughters and wife comment favorably. Wore it on first date with wife.

But I love Old Spice and Bay Rum.

Coincidentally...just bought a bottle of Bay Rum yesterday...another one of my faves too.

Big A
03-11-16, 13:20

Yeah, go work in an environment where people's personal hygiene leaves something to be desired and you'll learn to appreciate a good cheap cologne or aftershave....

Outlander Systems
03-11-16, 13:40
You ain't into FAB?

Feet
Ass
Balls

Yeah, go work in an environment where people's personal hygiene leaves something to be desired and you'll learn to appreciate a good cheap cologne or aftershave....

MountainRaven
03-11-16, 14:30

The only people who wear cologne here came here from hot, sandy places where sex isn't sex if it doesn't involve women and cleanliness is next to devilishness. And to mask their stink, they dowse themselves in gallons of perfume.

I wish they'd just shower once a week or so.

lethal dose
03-11-16, 14:35
I like to stand behind my dirtbike when I'm running 112 leaded premixed with castor 927 or klotz. In all seriousness... DKNY Be Delicious IF YOU CAN FIND IT or Polo Blue... I mean, it's a timeless classic.

Caeser25
03-11-16, 15:15
If I wanted a man's opinion of how I should smell, that would probably be leaning more towards the homo end of the spectrum.

WOMEN like a good smelling man. I like women. One in particular that really keeps me happy. So she gets to pick the cologne. I really don't give two sh!ts what other men think if she's happy. That said, when I did not know this particular woman, the object wasn't to attract men or to be appealing to them but to attract women. If women like whale vomit, good on them, somehow I'll find a way to like it too. Men have been putting on "cologne" for millennia, so it's not like we've just now stumbled upon this.

This. Women LOVE Aqua Di Gio. I've had many say they don't care how popular it is, they still love it.

Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue is pretty close but different.
Plain old Lacoste is good too.

jpmuscle
03-11-16, 15:44
Someone better of said Hoppes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Irish
03-11-16, 18:46
Tom Ford's Black Orchid. I'm a happily married guy, well below 50, but my wife loves it and so does every woman I come into contact with. Almost every woman asks, "What are you wearing? It smells so good!" Why? Because it smells ****ing outstanding, women love it, and they've never smelt it on any other man before. If you're gonna wear something, separate yourself from the crowd.

http://i64.tinypic.com/jjbskl.jpg

JC5188
03-12-16, 05:27
I rarely wear cologne, but when I do, I wear Aqua di gio (sp?).

Armani basically

MountainRaven
03-12-16, 13:22
Tom Ford's Black Orchid. I'm a happily married guy, well below 50, but my wife loves it and so does every woman I come into contact with. Almost every woman asks, "What are you wearing? It smells so good!" Why? Because it smells ****ing outstanding, women love it, and they've never smelt it on any other man before. If you're gonna wear something, separate yourself from the crowd.

http://i64.tinypic.com/jjbskl.jpg

He said as he posted a picture of the same pistol virtually every other man wears.

;)

Irish
03-12-16, 14:37
He said as he posted a picture of the same pistol virtually every other man wears.

;)
Zing! :)

_Stormin_
03-12-16, 16:54

;)

Well done sir... A tip of my cap to you.

jwinch2
03-12-16, 17:49
I use Truffitt and Hill for this type of thing. They have a bunch of different scents, and they are not as well known as some. They used to sell a sampler of all of their scents that works nicely to decide what ones you like and don't.

https://www.truefittandhill.com/collections/fragrances

jwinch2
03-12-16, 17:57
OK, I did the serious answer, now for the funny one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKAGx05TG_w