PDA

View Full Version : Strike Industries Enhanced Mag Catch

LeoGil
03-11-16, 08:13
Does anybody else have this product on their AR and how is the fit for you? Nice product, functions well but I'm a little picky when it comes to aesthetics.

RAM Engineer
03-11-16, 10:00
What is "enhanced" about it? Also, have you actually used one or have one on your rifle? I'm confused because you ask for general opinions, but then you state that it is a nice product and functions well.

GH41
03-11-16, 10:15
Looks like the button may be slightly extended. Is that what enhanced means? At that price you might justify buying it for a new build you are piecing together a LPK for. Personally I would put the $10 toward a Norgan if you want to enhance the catch.

44Dave
03-11-16, 11:02
I purchased one because it was in stock and I was curious. I can't see that anything about it is enhanced other than if you like the aesthetics. Seems to work ok, but I wouldn't seek it out again.

_Stormin_
03-11-16, 11:11
I see no benefit over a standard part, but to each their own. If you've already bought, installed it, and it functions without malfunctioning, I see no reason to worry yourself about it.

OrbitalE
03-11-16, 12:25
Was under the impression these are made offshore with a metric thread pattern.

ColtSeavers
03-11-16, 15:00
What is it about a standard magazine catch that you find to be inadequate? If it's purely for aethetics, cool, rock on. As it stands, I see no benefit, especially if it's not ambidextrous, which is the only route I would go over standard.

LeoGil
03-11-16, 16:09
What is "enhanced" about it? Also, have you actually used one or have one on your rifle? I'm confused because you ask for general opinions, but then you state that it is a nice product and functions well.

I'm asking if anyone else has one and if it fits the same on their lower with a gap on the left side also. As far as saying it functions well, it holds my mags better than the standard one I took off. Strike industries calls it enhanced because of the beveling and design. That's their name for it, not mine.

Dionysusigma
03-11-16, 17:02
As far as saying it functions well, it holds my mags better than the standard one I took off.

What issues were there with the stock magazine catch?

LeoGil
03-11-16, 17:40
What issues were there with the stock magazine catch?

Mine did not hold mag (gen 2 PMags) securely as in whether I slam the mag in or lightly slide it in, I could take it out w minimal force. I uninstalled it and reinstalled to make sure spring was the right one. Everything looks right and was installed correctly.

GH41
03-11-16, 17:59
Mine did not hold mag (gen 2 PMags) securely as in whether I slam the mag in or lightly slide it in, I could take it out w minimal force. I uninstalled it and reinstalled to make sure spring was the right one. Everything looks right and was installed correctly.

Please tell us what lower this defective catch and the replacement is in?

LeoGil
03-11-16, 18:12
Please tell us what lower this defective catch and the replacement is in?

Spikes Tactical w spider markings. LPK was also Spikes.

TF82
03-11-16, 18:36
I'm not trying to be condescending as I have no idea just how deep your knowledge of the platform is, but you mention in your custom build forum thread that it was your first build. Did you try tightening it down one or two move turns?

GH41
03-11-16, 18:38
There is a good possibility the spider is causing your problem.

LeoGil
03-11-16, 18:49
I'm not trying to be condescending as I have no idea just how deep your knowledge of the platform is, but you mention in your custom build forum thread that it was your first build. Did you try tightening it down one or two move turns?
Yes, I did try that. Although this is my first build, it's not my first time handling ARs. I am LE and was taught well by my dad who is Army retired. I never had the need to have my own until my agency changed our policy allowing us to carry personally owned ARs for patrol.

No offense taken, but in reading through various forums, people tend to assume a person is unfamiliar with certain things based on how many posts a person has made, or limited information provided. Biggest lesson I have learned in this business is not to assume anything. Not trying to be rude either, but it's all too common these days.

LeoGil
03-11-16, 18:50
There is a good possibility the spider is causing your problem.

Yeah, I bought into all the hype three years ago. Won't make the same mistake twice thats for sure. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my build, but with everything else that is out there, I know I can do better.