PDA

View Full Version : Need replacemnt bulb for SF E1e Executive Elite

WWhunter
03-11-16, 10:04
I have a box full of SF lights and do to my own stupidity, I installed a 6 volt battery in one (I have several) E1e. The battery was a bring home from deployment to Afganistan and I hadn't really looked at it close enough to realize it was the wrong voltage. "Poof!" went the bulb! fried that sucker instantly!!

Anyways....does anyone make an LED replacement bulb for these older, discontinued lights? I found the original types for under $20 but would like to go with an LED if possible. I did see the Malkof might have one to fit, but it is more expensive than the light is worth or what I want to invest in it.

I have nearly a dozen different SF lights and not a big deal if this E1e is regulated to the parts bin. I just really like the small pocket size of these single battery lights.

CLHC
03-11-16, 19:22
Hardly can go wrong with the MDs, you get what you pay for. Have you tried looking into the ones from Lumens Factory (http://www.lumensfactory.com/online_shop.php?cid=5&sid=11)?

Hope you find what you're looking for and enjoy! :cool:

BillSWPA
03-11-16, 19:48
You might be very surprised at what an incandescent E1E is worth right now. I sold one a couple years ago for over $100., and at that price it was grabbed up very soon after I posted it. With a black body, I have heard of them gong for as much as $200. These lights are very popular with the few who still prefer incandescent as well as a starting point for custom modification with LEDs.

If you just stick an LED module in a reflector designed for an incandescent bulb, you will have a very floody light with very little throw. You need a reflector and/or optics designed for use with an LED.

A Malkoff conversion head is a good value for what you get. My advice, however, would be to sell the E1E and buy either a complete Malkoff light or perhaps a Terralux TT1-EX.

nimdabew
03-11-16, 20:00
FWIW, I sold an old E2E light that was jail broken for $100. I was very happy. Keep it or sell it. Personally, I would use it by buying a new head unit and keeping the old one in its original condition.