PDA

View Full Version : HK45C

usp45ss
08-19-08, 18:26
I'm thinking about picking up a HK45C after handling one the other day at a gunshow. I own a few USP fullsizes and a compact, and I think they are fine guns. I haven't gotten to play with a new P30, HK45, or Hk45C. Anybody own or carry one of the 45C's? What do you think of it?

I've always been a 1911 guy but recently got into the S&W M&P's. I really like the ergonomics of the M&P so I might get a compact M&P 45 later. The HK45C just seems like a good balance of adequate size yet still being concealable.

Spooky130
08-19-08, 19:24
I'm thinking about picking up a HK45C after handling one the other day at a gunshow. I own a few USP fullsizes and a compact, and I think they are fine guns. I haven't gotten to play with a new P30, HK45, or Hk45C. Anybody own or carry one of the 45C's? What do you think of it?

I've always been a 1911 guy but recently got into the S&W M&P's. I really like the ergonomics of the M&P so I might get a compact M&P 45 later. The HK45C just seems like a good balance of adequate size yet still being concealable.

I got to put a few rounds through one at a class. It was very nice gun. It felt good in my hands for a .45ACP. I sold an earlier .45 USP because it was big an bulky in my hands. It shot very well for me (about 7 yards three rounds in one hole). I would snag one but they're expensive and so are their mags...

Spooky

IrishDevil
08-19-08, 19:37
I have the HK45 and 45C, my favorite 45's right now. I prefer the 45C over the full size actually. It handles well and is very accurate, I really wish they had built the fullsize the same as the 45C. The fullsize has the "Match" trigger group in it, while the 45C has the standard trigger. There isn't really a lot of difference in the two, IMO. I recently bought the threaded barrel for the compact, as I have a SWR HEMS2 suppressor on the way. Personally, I've parted with every other 45 I own, the HK's are that good to me. If I was only going to have one it would definitely be the 45C.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-19-08, 19:38
Much cheaper to run than 1911s. More expensive than an M&P. Probably the toughest .45 avaible. Every class I have taken my full size to I have had people who were initially naysayers impressed by the gun. I have right under 11,000 rounds of full power 230 grain through mine without a single hitch. No mag issues, no broken strikers, no retensionng this or that, no springs replaced. The HK45C and the HK45 are essentially the same gun, only the fullsize is stretched and has the ergo style grip rather than the P2000 grip.

HK45
08-19-08, 20:05
Very accurate, very well made, no recoil to speak of.

COLT6933
08-19-08, 21:22
I broke down and bought the 45c a few months ago. I shouldn't have waited so long. By far the best 45 non-1911 FOR ME.
This will become my EDC. I waited 8 weeks for a holster to only to receive it the other day and it was defective

usp45ss
08-19-08, 21:42
What do you guys think about the factory sights on it? How well and how long does the shining the light on them work?

I'm not a big fan of 3-dot setups anyway since I've started shooting IDPA type matches with a plain rear and a fiber optic front. I personally love my M&P45 with a 10-8 rear and the tritium front. I'm thinking a set of Heinie sights might be the best option for me for now.

I'll have to look into the threaded barrel. I like shooting my SWR HEMS on my USP Tactical, but it is a bit large. I might just have to replace the Tac with a fullsize HK45. :D

armakraut
08-20-08, 00:21
Best polymer .45 out there, built like a tank (streamlined tank).

COLT6933
08-20-08, 11:33
I hate the stock sights, for a carry gun they are a horrible choice. Mine would glow for about 15-20 minutes after charging them. I don't like Heine's but as of now they are the best option out there so i had them put on a couple weeks ago. I am just faster and more consistent with a three dot. I am counting the days until Trijicon releases some three dots.

The Dumb Gun Collector
08-20-08, 18:26
I think the best setup would be to blacken out the rear sight and get tooltech to install a tritium front. Since HK actually zeros their guns, this should keep you good rather than hoping that the aftermarket sights are close.

usp45ss
08-21-08, 22:57
Well, I scored an HK45c from Gordon Miller. It was right at $750 shipped. So, I guess I'll see how it works out.

Anybody using one of the Hogue slip on grips on their 45c?

COLT6933
08-23-08, 19:12
Well, I scored an HK45c from Gordon Miller. It was right at $750 shipped. So, I guess I'll see how it works out.

Was that $750 for a NIB 45c. If so you got a hell of a deal.

Blackwater
08-23-08, 21:50

nice deal. Get a bike inner tube and cut it up, works like a charm and if you don't like it, you're out 3 bucks. No big deal.

I've got the P30 and I love it. Shot it today, along with the P2000sk and they are slick.
Love that grip and the trigger on the P30. Smooth..like butter and one accurate gun.

usp45ss
08-24-08, 00:08
Was that $750 for a NIB 45c. If so you got a hell of a deal.

Yeah, right at $750 shipped to my dealer. He still has some for $699 + $25 shipping + 4% credit card fee. He apparently got stiffed by a few guys who never sent funds for so he is requiring credit card payment.

Now he is posting fullsize HK45's for $735 plus shipping/fees. Too bad I'm broke for the time being.

HK45
09-01-08, 12:31
Thanks for the tip. I'm ordering one of each. Great price!

GKoenig
09-01-08, 21:36
Personally, I like the M&P 45 Compact over the HK. I am running the M&P now and had an HK45C for a couple of months (and 2200 rounds).

- Far less expensive.
- Better trigger.
- Real night sights.
- Slightly better ergonomics.

And this may or may not be important, but the S&W is made by a company that offers stellar support, supports firearms rights and treats civilians like citizens. My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.

HK45
09-01-08, 21:42
M&P Compact with nights sights is not going to be a far better price than an HK45c at $699. Plus not many M&P's come with night sights. I like the HK trigger a little better and the Hk full size a lot better than my M&P's. I do see a distinct quality difference between the HK and M&P. Parts quality is noticeably better and worth the extra $$ for me. The M&P .45 ergos mean much less muzzle flip for me than a full size HK 45 and little less than an HK45c.

The Dumb Gun Collector
09-02-08, 23:18
And this may or may not be important, but the S&W is made by a company that offers stellar support, supports firearms rights and treats civilians like citizens. My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.

I concur that H&K's management are poor businessmen. However, H&K has always supported the NRA and firearms rights. Smith and Wesson has actively conspired with the government against firearms owners in the not too distant past. Lately, Smith has turned over a new leaf, and good for them, but let's be fair.

As Larry Vickers said, the M&P represents an excellent value, but the HK45 is the most bombproof .45 available.

HK45
09-02-08, 23:36
Could you elaborate? I've never been much of an HK person until the P30 and HK 45 and HK45c were released. Easily some of the best pistols I have ever owned and thats covering some ground. I understand HK's customer service has been poor in the past but people seem to find it acceptable now.

My experiences with HK have been awful and I find their attitude towards American civilian firearms ownership pathetic. The weapons are fantastic, but the company is managed by buffoons.