PDA

View Full Version : cot expanse heading my way

misfit47
03-14-16, 09:49
I've mulled over building or buying a new ar for quite some time as my collection has gotten quite slim. Had been toying with the idea of either using a factory gun or building one from the ground up. Ultimately decided that the new Colt expanse carbine would be a suitable base for MY needs. I've got a gen 1 dd lite rail 12 coming my way so will use that unless I can get a gas block to fit under the omega 12 I've got sitting on the shelf. I've got the fa, dust cover from a cracked upper so those will be installed when I have everything torn down. The barrel appears to be the "A2" profile that's becoming quite popular, not the m4 notched type I don't care for. It's a 1/7 twist, not chrome lined. Again, not concerned with that as i don't shoot huge volumes, or shoot corrosive ammo, and do have time to clean it. The fsb has no bayonet lug which is fine as a bayonet doesn't fit on that barrel length anyway. It's got the full profile bcg, and I really like the trigger in it. I mulled over getting the oem 6920 but couldn't justify the extra $ for it. I get that this is their budget rifle, not for everyone. It met my criteria for a price that didn't make me cringe. Oh and it's got the lovely m4 stamp on the magwell. I will keep this thread updated as work progresses on it.
No big specific use for it other than to shoot and use it wherever a 5.56 is applicable.