PDA

View Full Version : Gun ACCESSORIES You Wanted to Love but Couldn't...

Doc Safari
03-15-16, 10:34
Magpul MOE buttstock

I bought this expecting it to lock up on the receiver extension tighter than the mil-spec stock (i.e. no wobble), and to give a slightly better cheek weld. It did neither. I'll stick with the military stock for $25.00

SureFire X300 Ultra LED Weapon Light

Messing with those six tiny setscrews used up my patience in record time. Opening and closing the battery compartment was unnatural too. Next time I buy a tactical light it will probably be something like a SureFire M600AA Scout Light Rail-Mountable LED WeaponLight or something else that takes AA batteries and has better ergos.

Vickers VCAS sling in combination with military FLC vest

I don't want to diss either product in and of itself , but they sure don't work together. The sling hangs up on literally anything attached to the vest. I switched to the standard military sling until I decide if I love the Vickers sling enough to switch to a differenty type of LBE.

Nikon P-223 scope

Reticle scale too hard to see to be useful. YMMV if you have fantastic eyesight.

Trijicon ACOG (with one exception)

The eye relief flat out sucks on these optics. The one exception is the TA33 which has enough eye relief to be usable. It's what I have on my primary AR.

OIPactual
03-15-16, 10:46
I'm with you on the ACOG. I tried one and just couldn't find the sweet spot.

The Redi-Mag

I really wanted to like this but it was not as easy to use, or get used to, as I had hoped.

BCM stock

I loved this stock when I saw the pictures. But when I compared it to my B5 stocks I felt it left a little too be desired. Also the qd cup is way too buried and the sling swivel can't go parallel to the butt pad causing my slings to tangle.

Trijicon MRO

I really wanted to love this. However, when mine arrived I mounted it, and dry fired the rifle. The optic died. A call to trijicon cs left me with the option to wait 6-9 weeks for a possible repair, or at their recommendation, return it to my distributor and get a different optic.

sgtrock82
03-15-16, 10:56
BCM gunfighter stock. How many more iterations of foward grips will they put out before getting around to the promised modular stock bits? For me the cheek weld is completely lacking and Id love to ditch this thing but I know the moment I do BCM will announce new stocks/parts.

SomeOtherGuy
03-15-16, 11:54
All of the angled forward grips - Magpul AFG 1/2 and BCM's little angled grip thing. None of them work for me. I like bare handguards and vertical grips, but the angled ones don't work for me.

Surefire X300, for slightly different reasons - I just don't like the attachment method. Streamlight has a simple and easy to use method, why can't the twice-as-expensive Surefire do at least as well?

Combination brakes/flash hiders. Great theory, and some of them do actually work OK as flash hiders while providing useful braking. But (1) most of them have too much downward push, (2) most of them are brutally loud, and (3) all but the FSC (which is brutally loud) are super long and heavy, which defeats the point of having a handy 16" barrel in the first place. Maybe someday a great one will come along. The FSC would be OK if I were deaf, but even with good hearing protection on it's too loud and blasty.

Magpul MOE buttstock
I bought this expecting it to lock up on the receiver extension tighter than the mil-spec stock (i.e. no wobble), and to give a slightly better cheek weld. It did neither. I'll stick with the military stock for $25.00

Same here. I like the other Magpul stocks but not the MOE telestock. (The MOE rifle stock is good.)

OIPactual
03-15-16, 12:42
Surefire X300, for slightly different reasons - I just don't like the attachment method. Streamlight has a simple and easy to use method, why can't the twice-as-expensive Surefire do at least as well?

Combination brakes/flash hiders. Great theory, and some of them do actually work OK as flash hiders while providing useful braking. But (1) most of them have too much downward push, (2) most of them are brutally loud, and (3) all but the FSC (which is brutally loud) are super long and heavy, which defeats the point of having a handy 16" barrel in the first place. Maybe someday a great one will come along. The FSC would be OK if I were deaf, but even with good hearing protection on it's too loud and blasty.

I like the new mounting method of the x300. I agree with you on the muzzle devices. I have tried tons of different ones, a good flash hider is my preference unless I'm using it as a suppressor mount.

JulyAZ
03-15-16, 12:54
When it comes to Magpul products, I can't stand the stocks (any of them), most of the grips are horrid from a comfort stand point

Now I cant stand most of their pistol grips, but there is one. The Magpul K2 grip is amazing I love everything about that grip, I have one on every rifle.

The Surefire Mags, no need to explain here I hope...

Doc Safari
03-15-16, 13:04

Actually, go ahead. That's one item I haven't had time to do much research on.

BoringGuy45
03-15-16, 15:10
Keymod: I had a Geissele Mk5 handguard, BCM rail sections, and BCM vertical grip. They all worked themselves loose all the time, even though I never even fired the gun! I switched over to M-Lok and I'm a lot happier!

BCMGUNFIGHTER Vertical Grip The base was too wide, the grip was too fat and squared, and I didn't like how it was slightly swept backward.

SteyrAUG
03-15-16, 15:31
Going old school. Always hated the SureFire aka Laser Products lighted forends for MP5s and Benelli shotguns.

The handguard itself was flimsy and would crush when you gripped it. Always hated tape switches, they wouldn't stay on when you needed them and too often you flashed them when you really didn't want to. Trying to maintain a "constant on" was almost impossible.

The location of the light meant it had severe flash burns on the light and the lens and carmeled lenses were all too common, especially in a time before LED lights. They also inhibited the attachment of a suppressor, which would have been useful to save the flash burns on light itself.

They were also very cost prohibitive. Not many people wanted to spend $400 for a SF lighted forend to put on their $300 Remington 870.

Thankfully Streamlight eventually came out with affordable rail mounts that attached at the 3 o'clock position and sat far enough behind the muzzle that they didn't take a lot of flash burn. Combined with a M3, or later the TLR1/2, it provided a much more affordable and durable setup that was operated by a toggle switch.

ColtSeavers
03-15-16, 15:45
Adjustable stocks. All of them. Wobble and I just never really had a need to adjust them. The only time I ever did was to fully extend them for storage in the safe or gun rack at the formal range. I have since switched to fixed stocks, specifically the ACE skeleton stock for my longer ranged ARs and a combo RRA entry stock with 1" DPMS spacer(s) for everything else. I just stick an ammo can under them for safe storage.

I'm curious as to this as well. I have 4 of the 60 rounders in use and they have yet to cause me any problems/concerns.

ramairthree
03-15-16, 16:14
Redi-Mag
Fastest first reload you can get.
Doubles width of gun, gets in way of other mag changes, fumbles bcr, etc.
Have a couple in the parts bin.

The following I have tried and end up preferring some items on pants belt with some items direct on plate carriers, and a vtac or vtac sling.
Single point slings.

Three point slings.

Battle belts.

Chest harnesses that go over armor.

Tape switches.

Stuff that goes on thighs with straps around leg.

Most extended charging handles except symmetric, bilateral ones, like a raptor.

Forward grips that are not short and stubby and vertical.

Optics with finicky eye relief.

Doc Safari
03-15-16, 16:17
Single point slings..

Ouch. I forgot about those. Tried one ONCE. They don't call it the "nut slapper" for nothing.

SteyrAUG
03-15-16, 16:27
Mag clamps.

Seems like a great idea but really just adds weight to your firearm, makes mag changes different but not necessarily faster and renders most magazines impossible to store in any kind of magazine pouch.

I could see applications of using a single clamped magazine setup so you walk in with 60 rounds and then use single mags from that point forward. But that's about it.

Also Beta drums, during the Clinton ban they became the HOLY GRAIL high capacity magazine. Now they are just something that's kinda a pain to load, something the screw up your support hand position and a lot of weight. For the cost, effort to load and carry weight, I'd rather have three 30 round mags.

ramairthree
03-15-16, 17:00
Forgot about the beta drums.

Best thing to come of that was the mag loaders.

Dist. Expert 26
03-15-16, 17:50
PEQ-16 pressure switches. Convenient, sure, but they always fell off or stopped working after just a few days.

Grip pod. Again, convenient, but they're too long and too big for me. Also mine had an annoying tendency to open when I didn't want them to.

3 point slings, because, yeah.

ACOGs. Never liked them and never will. Eye relief is too short and 4x is too much for CQB and not enough for extended engagements IMO.

Trijicon RMR, specifically the version on the SDO. What are you really supposed to do with a 6 MOA (correct me if I'm wrong on that) dot on a SAW or IAR?

Velcro mag pouches.

USGI mags with green followers.

26 Inf
03-15-16, 17:52
Stark Ar Rifle Grip - bought one with a QD socket and hated it.

soulezoo
03-15-16, 19:24
Acogs... Some folks love them. I ain't one of them.
Not liking much of Magpul except the mags. I don't like the moe stock either.
My first Leupold scope. A 3x9 vari II. Every tasco or bushnell I've been behind was better. (To be fair, this was a mid '80's scope)

On the other hand, I have liked everything Vltor I have. Except the damned Fortis I don't have....

rero360
03-15-16, 21:52
Magpul AFG, I bought a few of them and used to have them on my rifles and had an extra one for my issued M4, and it worked well enough when having to deal with quad rails, but since I have converted all my ARs over to KMRs and a Gator rail for the MATEN I have fallen out of love with the AFG. I tried it, but it just put my hand too far away from the gun.

MountainRaven
03-15-16, 22:27
Magpul AFG. (But I like the KAG and Magpul's hand stops.)

Magpul MS2 and MS3 slings.

Battle Arms Development Ambi-Safety Selector (the short-throw is OK, though).

BCM Gunfighter pistol grip.

Geissele Super Dynamic Three-Gun trigger.

Magnifiers (used in conjunction with reflex sights).

Benito
03-15-16, 22:48
Trijicon ACOG 4x model - while very robust, has decent glass and is high quality, the eye relief was unbearably short

B5 Systems SOPMOD/Bravo stocks - they were meh, OK, but they wiggled more than I liked, so I replaced them with the Magpul STR, which is outstanding

Surefire DG switch for the X300 - great in principle, and it works for many other people, but not for me. Sold it, and went back to activating it with the old-fashioned way.

Safariland QLS/MLS system - while Safariland makes sweet holsters, their system for attaching and moving around holsters from and to different platforms is kinda ridiculous. I switched to G-CODE's RTI system and haven't looked back. The good thing is that the G-CODE RTI system is compatible with Safariland holsters.

elephant
03-15-16, 23:08
Troy PDW stock- in theory, i love it, but the recoil transfers through the metal guide rods which absorbs into your cheek

Trijicon RMR- never could find dot

EoTech 3x Magnifier- too heavy, looks awesome in conjunction with EoTech Holographic

Keymod- love the look, but overall useless. The rail panels are hard to install/uninstall, attachments, mounting accessories are heavier and require a tool.

45 degree iron sights- i get the idea, but screams, Im indeciseve and have commitment issues.

Magpul angle forgrip- its like meeting somwhere in the middle, not quite a vertical forgrip, but its not like not having anything. perfect for people who are unsure of what they want.

Tigereye
03-15-16, 23:27
Magpul AFG- I prefer a VFG stubby.
AAC brakeout. If I shoot the 11.5 unsuppressed, the brakeout will make my eyes bleed and shake my fillings loose in my teeth.

JoshNC
03-15-16, 23:37
- ACOG 4x TA01 series. Terrible eye relief.
- Redi-Mag. Just couldn't warm up to it.
- Essentially all AR15 pistol grips. They're all too small for my hands. I wish the MIAD came with an even larger backstrap. I use MIADs with the largest backstrap, because they're the largest. But they're far from great.
- Billet AR uppers and lowers. I don't like the aesthetics.
- Magpul PRS. Too bulky and heavy. I'm hoping I will like the PRS-2 better.

SteyrAUG
03-16-16, 01:53
Jeeze, and I thought there was something wrong with me when it came to ACOGs.

No matter where I put them on the rail, it was always effort to find the "sweet spot" when I shouldered a rifle. During move and shoot drills I had to really hold the rifle in exactly the same place to find and hit my target.

I can't imagine doing any of that while being shot at.

Moose-Knuckle
03-16-16, 02:47
- Essentially all AR15 pistol grips. They're all too small for my hands.

Have you tried the Tango Down BG-17?
https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-battlegrip-bg-17/

TheChunkNorris
03-16-16, 05:26
Key Mod... anything.

Doc Safari
03-16-16, 09:16
Jeeze, and I thought there was something wrong with me when it came to ACOGs.

No matter where I put them on the rail, it was always effort to find the "sweet spot" when I shouldered a rifle. During move and shoot drills I had to really hold the rifle in exactly the same place to find and hit my target.

I can't imagine doing any of that while being shot at.

This is what led me to "settle on" keeping the TA33R-8. I mount it just far enough forward to allow minimum room for a MagPul MBUS, and my cheek is right on the lip of the military collapsible stock when I've got my head properly aligned and spaced.

It's pretty fast, and I know I could never get that eye relief or that fast of a cheek weld with any other ACOG. I'm just a tad slower with it than I am a red dot, but I'll take the few micro seconds slower speed to get the magnification and the BDC scale.

BC98
03-16-16, 14:27
For me, the following just didn't work:

Magpul AFG

LWRC UCIW stock

Geissele S3G trigger

THCDDM4
03-16-16, 16:40
-Magpul AFG
-Just about every VFG
-Redimag
-Keymod anything

Todd00000
03-16-16, 17:09
To all you ACOG haters, wait until your eyes get old. LOL. I started using the M68 in 1996, doesn't work for me any more. :(

Angled forward grips, feel strange
3 and single point slings
Bolt release lever
Any pistol grip besides the A2
Any trigger guards besides stock

Doc Safari
03-16-16, 17:22
To all you ACOG haters, wait until your eyes get old. LOL. I started using the M68 in 1996, doesn't work for me any more. :(

I hear you. That's why I cling to my 3x TA33's. My dad turned 60 and couldn't see iron sights worth a crap anymore. I'm only 9 years from that, so I'm planning ahead.

I put the XS BIG DOT sights on my Glocks for the same reason.

ColtSeavers
03-16-16, 17:32
I hear you. That's why I cling to my 3x TA33's. My dad turned 60 and couldn't see iron sights worth a crap anymore. I'm only 9 years from that, so I'm planning ahead.

I put the XS BIG DOT sights on my Glocks for the same reason.

I read that as your dad just turned 60 and you're only 9 years away from that... thought "Damn, your Dad's a stud, had a kid at 9?!"

Doc Safari
03-16-16, 17:37
I read that as your dad just turned 60 and you're only 9 years away from that... thought "Damn, your Dad's a stud, had a kid at 9?!"

Well, I sired my offspring at 6, so it's not unprecedented. :lol:

interfan
03-16-16, 19:56
Well, I sired my offspring at 6, so it's not unprecedented. :lol:

I always got angry when my Obamacare had provisions for maternity and birth control for my 4 year old. Now, I can see why!

interfan
03-16-16, 20:16
My small list:
EOTech 511/551 - small and and light back in the day, but the batteries lasted fewer hours than you can count on one hand - with three fingers that don't count
Any device that manipulates the bolt release remotely (like a Magpul BAD lever) - I get the ambi release thing (like as is executed well on the HK416 A5) - but an add-on never worked well for me.
Magpul AFG - strangely I could never get comfortable with one, but somehow the BCM KAG works for me, but not as good as a short vfg.
Redimag - I tried it, but never really liked it. It was too bulky and clumsy

interfan
03-16-16, 20:30
Going old school. Always hated the SureFire aka Laser Products lighted forends for MP5s and Benelli shotguns.

The handguard itself was flimsy and would crush when you gripped it. Always hated tape switches, they wouldn't stay on when you needed them and too often you flashed them when you really didn't want to. Trying to maintain a "constant on" was almost impossible.

The location of the light meant it had severe flash burns on the light and the lens and carmeled lenses were all too common, especially in a time before LED lights. They also inhibited the attachment of a suppressor, which would have been useful to save the flash burns on light itself.

They were also very cost prohibitive. Not many people wanted to spend $400 for a SF lighted forend to put on their $300 Remington 870.

Thankfully Streamlight eventually came out with affordable rail mounts that attached at the 3 o'clock position and sat far enough behind the muzzle that they didn't take a lot of flash burn. Combined with a M3, or later the TLR1/2, it provided a much more affordable and durable setup that was operated by a toggle switch.

You forgot slippery. The old Surefire MP5 handguards are very slippery without some skateboard tape on them. The tape switch can be improved with the little cover they sell ($7) that blanks most of the long tape switch, but constant on isn't easy on the old style ones. The Streamlight little rail is an improvement, but it is a shame that they don't make it anymore.

buckshot1220
03-16-16, 21:38
I'll join the crowd on the ACOG under-appreciation - I'm sure it is a great tool for the right application or aging eyes, but for me it was heavy and I never could get the eye relief quite perfect to where I could shoulder the gun and not need to move my head around for a clear picture. Part of me does want to try out one of the newer, smaller 3X variants though. I have an AR that is semi-retired/spare it could find a home on.

Angled fore grips of any kind - I still think a stubby vert grip is best, especially if your handguard isn't super long.

Single point slings - pretty tough finding a legit use for one as a civi. Also painful at times...

See thru scope rings - this is going way back before I got into ARs when I was still in my teens. I my neck of the woods the cool thing was to buy scope rings for your hunting rifle that allowed you to see under the scope to get "near" the target and then pop your head up to look through the scope and zero in on your target. Horrible invention. This isn't Africa where the game can eat us. The scope would be raised so high that there was no repeatable cheek weld and trying to remember elevation a different yardages was a pain.

JoshNC
03-16-16, 22:16
Have you tried the Tango Down BG-17?
https://tangodown.com/shop/tangodown-battlegrip-bg-17/

Yep. I own one. Don't like it.

JoshNC
03-16-16, 22:20
Forgot to include:
Magpul AFG
BAD levers
Magpul ASAP
Battle Comps
Compensators on 5.56 mm rifles that aren't going to be predominantly shot suppressed

Dienekes
03-16-16, 22:53
This is what led me to "settle on" keeping the TA33R-8. I mount it just far enough forward to allow minimum room for a MagPul MBUS, and my cheek is right on the lip of the military collapsible stock when I've got my head properly aligned and spaced.

It's pretty fast, and I know I could never get that eye relief or that fast of a cheek weld with any other ACOG. I'm just a tad slower with it than I am a red dot, but I'll take the few micro seconds slower speed to get the magnification and the BDC scale.

I also run a TA-33. Prior to that I bought a TA-45 (1.5X24). Both have a decent amount of eye relief, considerably more than the other models. Makes a big difference. I still have and use both; no desire to change.

SteyrAUG
03-17-16, 00:08
You forgot slippery. The old Surefire MP5 handguards are very slippery without some skateboard tape on them. The tape switch can be improved with the little cover they sell ($7) that blanks most of the long tape switch, but constant on isn't easy on the old style ones. The Streamlight little rail is an improvement, but it is a shame that they don't make it anymore.

Thankfully I bought a dozen back in the day and still have a few unassigned. They were also easy to mod so they would fit G3/91 series and 33/93 series rifles.

SteyrAUG
03-17-16, 00:11
Compensators on 5.56 mm rifles that aren't going to be predominantly shot suppressed

I should probably know this, but what is the advantage of a compensator over a flash hider when running a suppressor? I'm guessing that lateral discharge into the first expansion chamber more effectively contains propellant gasses. I always worried that a muzzle brake would put more wear and tear on a suppressor.

Firefly
03-17-16, 00:25
Yeah ACOGs....what's the point?

Larue Rails. Had a carbine length. Swallowed the hype back in '07.
Wonder what I was thinking. I can see utility for a rifle length but that 7.0 was such a mistake and so pointless. The rifle wasn't that much more accurate and looks aside, it was just a pointless use of a rail.
Still have some pistol/sbr Mk. 18 ideas or maybe selling it but bleh.

But that was almost 10 years ago and I didn't know as much as I thought. I even almost bought an A.R.M.S. rail (are they still around?) Glad I didn't.

ramairthree
03-17-16, 00:33
I should probably know this, but what is the advantage of a compensator over a flash hider when running a suppressor? I'm guessing that lateral discharge into the first expansion chamber more effectively contains propellant gasses. I always worried that a muzzle brake would put more wear and tear on a suppressor.

Less wear on can with brake. Louder without can.

SteyrAUG
03-17-16, 02:04
Less wear on can with brake. Louder without can.

I would have assumed the opposite with the larger open ports on a brake vs. a flash. But there seems to be consensus so I will accept it. Thanks for the clarification.

pointblank4445
03-17-16, 11:39
Accuracy International AICS

While I am perfectly fine with the feel of the AI thumbhole and AX/AT style stocks, the stock/chassis shape and weight are the biggest sticking points of AI's. One of the few remaining benefits of the 700 action/footprint is the wide variety of parts/stocks and the ability to adapt, beef up, or slim down a precision rig. Instead of having a poor man's AI, one just has the worst of both worlds...the bulk of an AI with all the drawbacks of a Remington.

Tango Down grips

I like the swept back style grips with is the polar opposite of the way the market is going. The "16" is too damn narrow and the "17" is too big. Apparently their two respective test subjects were the Burger King "baby hands" guy and Steve Fisher.

Grip Pod

Not enough rail space for a Harris AND a vert grip? How bout a HUGE vertical grip with a built in bipod that you can't load or apply forward pressure? Now how bout you fork over $150 for this fugly jack-of-all-trades, master of none?

TheChunkNorris
03-17-16, 11:54
Accuracy International AICS

While I am perfectly fine with the feel of the AI thumbhole and AX/AT style stocks, the stock/chassis shape and weight are the biggest sticking points of AI's. One of the few remaining benefits of the 700 action/footprint is the wide variety of parts/stocks and the ability to adapt, beef up, or slim down a precision rig. Instead of having a poor man's AI, one just has the worst of both worlds...the bulk of an AI with all the drawbacks of a Remington.

Tango Down grips

I like the swept back style grips with is the polar opposite of the way the market is going. The "16" is too damn narrow and the "17" is too big. Apparently their two respective test subjects were the Burger King "baby hands" guy and Steve Fisher.

Grip Pod

Not enough rail space for a Harris AND a vert grip? How bout a HUGE vertical grip with a built in bipod that you can't load or apply forward pressure? Now how bout you fork over $150 for this fugly jack-of-all-trades, master of none?

Huge is almost an understatement... they're ridiculous.

JoshNC
03-17-16, 13:50

Comp acts like a sacrificial blast baffle to lessen wear on the suppressor's blast baffle.

nova3930
03-17-16, 14:15
Inforce WMLX - looked like it would work great ergonomically, in practice not so much, not to mention it's wide enough to interfere with my preferred fixed rail mounted front sights, unless I put it at the 9 where I don't want it.

pinzgauer
03-17-16, 14:24
Cheese grater rails on civvy carbines (yep, need room for that illuminator)

Muzzle length rails/tubes on carbines

Grips and stocks with storage... just can't want the weight & balance issues.

Dayglo sight inserts of any type

Extended length mags of any type (pistol or carbine > 30 rounds)

AZ-Renegade
03-17-16, 14:42
Grips and stocks with storage... just can't want the weight & balance issues.

Agreed.

I have used the LMT SOPMOD, Vltor EMOD, Magpul STR and ACS stocks and I just do not like the wide and angled stocks for a cheek weld. Plus I never kept anything in the storage compartments so there was no trade-off for the added weight.

pointblank4445
03-17-16, 15:12
Muzzle length rails/tubes on carbines

...If we're talking a rail that's in excess of about 12.5-13", I agree 1000 times over. As someone who runs magnified 1.1- x optics, I'm tried of having all that excess rail out front that gets into my FOV. Heaven forbid you want to put anything on it or use a mount with any cant. 12" and change was more than plenty. With super light weight being the big trend, guys sure like having a lot of extra material on their rails.

Now that we mention it, I'm pretty disappointed with EVERY SINGLE aftermarket free-float rail system. They all have some major flaw.

ramairthree
03-17-16, 16:16
Dammit,
I just built a gun with 18 inch rifle length gas barrel and put a 16.5 slim rail on there. And now it's not cool after I finally did. After all you ****ers laughed at my KAC drop in rails and stuff.

It is just like when I finally got a 40 a few years ago and now they are not cool anymore.

Guess I will not start taking yoga like I planned so I can get into coast guard warrior shooting positions. I don't know if I can hit anything from those poses, but I was led to believe they are cool.

And to top it off I finally used a billet upper and lower. And the lower was even my first thing to have Molon labe on it.

Shit I will never get in front of the cool wave.

soulezoo
03-17-16, 16:26
I'm waiting on my 10mm to become cool again!

Then I'll be ahead!

SteyrAUG
03-17-16, 16:41
Comp acts like a sacrificial blast baffle to lessen wear on the suppressor's blast baffle.

And I'm there. Thanks.

pinzgauer
03-17-16, 16:48
I'm waiting on my 10mm to become cool again!

Mine is already cool again, it just seems that I'm the only one that realizes it!

And another:

AR marketed scopes in LPV, but with giant target turrets on them. In fact, it's hard to find one that does not of late! (P223 and similar, even some of the Leopoulds)

I don't want target turrets LPV's for Carbines!

Moose-Knuckle
03-17-16, 16:59
Tango Down grips

While I don't have any TD grips on my Stoners all my Kalashnikovs sport US Palm Battle Grips which is IIRC a licensed copy of the TD grips. Game changer in AK ergonomics combined with a Krebs style safety selector.

As for the reduced angle grips that BCM offers and Magpul's K2, TD offer two grips with this feature their the BG-18 and BG-FG.

J-Dub
03-17-16, 17:03
1-3 or 4x scopes. Too heavy and not needed for me.

pointblank4445
03-17-16, 17:14
While I don't have any TD grips on my Stoners all my Kalashnikovs sport US Palm Battle Grips which is IIRC a licensed copy of the TD grips. Game changer in AK ergonomics combined with a Krebs style safety selector.

Agreed. The US Palm grip is just about right. I keep getting told the BG17 is the same as the US Palm; I may be wrong, but I don't feel they are the same.

Moose-Knuckle
03-17-16, 17:18
Agreed. The US Palm grip is just about right. I keep getting told the BG17 is the same as the US Palm; I may be wrong, but I don't feel they are the same.

I don't have a BG-17 to compare the two. On my ARs I sport BCM Mod 2s with the largest backstraps.

Doc Safari
02-22-18, 15:13
BCM Gunfighter model 0 compensator.

For $89.95 I can't see that it does anything that an eight-dollar A2 flash hider doesn't.

Jewell
02-22-18, 15:49
ACOG. I tried to like them but just never could for a number of reasons. I still have one, but know better than to sell it b/c the minute I do, I'll want it back.

Vandal
02-22-18, 22:09
Magpul AFG, just could never make it work for me.

The_War_Wagon
02-23-18, 08:31
EOTechs :(

First electro-optic I ever bought, 10 years ago. Seemed like good kit, but astigmatism made all the tiny holo-dots that composed the reticle, "dance" on me. Had a 512 & a 553, but had to dump 'em for Aimpoints. One, teeny, tiny dot is the way to go.

Diamondback
02-23-18, 14:04
Magpul BAD Lever. No diss on Magpul or the product, it just didn't fit my needs as a left-hander.

kwelz
02-23-18, 14:56
BAD levers. I love the idea. But it just doesn't work on the AR.

ramairthree
02-23-18, 16:37
BAD levers. I love the idea. But it just doesn't work on the AR.

I have them going on two rifles that work great.

But know people with issues with theirs.

It is a crap shoot.

In my opinion there are three upgrades to improve ergonomics and create a more efficient manual of arms for the AR.

One is a BHO/BR done by the strong hand trigger figure without breaking grip, like the mag release.

Second is an offhand non reciprocating CH.

Third is a true folding stock. Which means going to a pistol upper.

I guess you could make a piston upper with the changing handle, folding stock, and BHO all in one.

officerX
02-23-18, 16:38
BCM CH