PDA

View Full Version : ToddG of Pistol Forum lost his battle with cancer

aflin
03-15-16, 10:40
Rest in peace brother. I for one have learned so much from him and his blog. We are diminished by passing. Now it's up to his students to remember him and carry on his legacy through solid training.

Damn you cancer...

https://pistol-forum.com/announcement.php?a=11

WillBrink
03-15-16, 11:03
Wow, that sucks big time. My communications with him when he was a poster here and after, showed me he was a good guy. Three of us did the FAST test last week in fact.

donlapalma
03-15-16, 11:14
Damn. His work and contributions to pistol training have definitely influenced my personal regimen. Sad news. RIP.

ralph
03-15-16, 11:21
RIP Todd, you're in a better place.

Outlander Systems
03-15-16, 11:25
That really is a shame.

Condolences to his family.

Failure2Stop
03-15-16, 12:07
Todd was the single most helpful person in getting me into the industry.
He was a good friend, and his passing is a loss to the community.

I miss you my friend.

Kyohte
03-15-16, 12:10
His blog inspired me to push myself as a shooter and get more training.

I've said it before, and I'll probably have to say it again. **** cancer.

rushca01
03-15-16, 12:10
Thoughts and prayers with his family and friends. I enjoyed reading his posts, especially his review of the Springfield Warren tactical 9mm.

rjacobs
03-15-16, 12:35
That sucks i hear. I always liked reading his torture test stuff and drills and what not.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
03-15-16, 12:39
Todd was the man. He wasn't liked by all, but I would guess that his shooting expertise was respected by all. RIP.

GlockWRX
03-15-16, 12:52
What a loss. RIP and love to his family.

gunrunner505
03-15-16, 13:36
That's a damn shame. You had a good run Todd. Rest in peace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JonInWA
03-15-16, 14:49
Todd was incredibly influential in a very positive sense to our community. He is already deeply missed. While we never met in person, for years we kept in touch thanks to the internet. I deeply benefited from his input to me, and for his interest, suggestions and contributions to my testing and experiences. My heartfelt condolences to his wife and family.

Best, Jon

loupav
03-15-16, 14:50
This is a bummer I had a lot of respect of this man, he was a good guy, good shooter, and although I've only chatted with him a few times he seems to be a good friend.

I have the pleasure of saying I've taken a class with him and the sadness of saying it was only one class.

RIP Brother.

UDT
03-15-16, 17:02
Thoughts and prayers for his family and friends. RIP

Ed L.
03-15-16, 17:17
Where to begin . . .

I am very saddened by this news. I knew that Todd had been fighting cancer for many years. He fought harder and more bravely than anyone I have ever known. When Chemotherapy caused the bones in one of his arms to deteriorate or break he had them replaced with titanium and had to learn to shoot from square one.

I first saw Todd's posts on the internet in a newsgroup rec.guns but did not realize that he was the same person until much later

I later saw his posts on this board and liked most of what he had to say and admired the way he logically defended his beliefs and positions. I sent him a PM to that effect and later took his class and did an article on it for SWAT Magazine.

At this point in time the best thing to do is remember what he brought to the firearms community, his enthusiasm and passion for teaching.

Words are really inadequate.

Honu
03-15-16, 17:25
WOW did not know he had cancer that is a huge bummer I liked the guy :) his fast training was pretty unique for sure !!!!

RIP happy shooting

titsonritz
03-15-16, 17:36
Damnit! RIP Todd.

Rayrevolver
03-15-16, 20:17
For some reason I still have a PM from him in my inbox, circa 2009. Never met the man, only chatted on M4C/PT and felt like he was a friend. His PT site is great and I send a lot people there for training ideas and for the articles.

Rest easy Todd.

Singlestack Wonder
03-15-16, 20:22
R.I.P. Todd

MegademiC
03-15-16, 20:27
Damnit. I didn't even know he was fighting it. Never met him, but read his posts on pistol-forum.com often. He has influenced my shooting positively, and appreciated his approach to discussion there.

He will be missed.

tb-av
03-15-16, 20:52
Didn't know anything about him being sick but I sure got some good lessons from his site. RIP.

panzerr
03-16-16, 05:09
I didn't know him, but I respected his work. Bummer :(

crossgun
03-16-16, 05:15
That's just too damn young! I'm glad I had the pleasure of training with Todd. He will always be remembered by me as a good guy and great shooter who always had passion and was upbeat.

Honestly shedding a few tears for someone I really didn't know all that well. Must be the bond and range time us "asshole gun guys" share that they will never understand.

RIP and thoughts for his family.

jpmuscle
03-16-16, 09:26
RIP sir

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Surf
03-16-16, 12:06
Todd was very helpful with my own business and graciously provided me with information and answered any / all questions that I had for him. Great influence in my pistol shooting. He was a great influence within the industry and with many trainers. He will be sorely missed.

Aloha 'Oe Todd.

SHIVAN
03-16-16, 14:57
Once upon a time, Todd and I had our differences. We talked at SHOT, in a Palazzo cafe in the late 2000's. I'd like to think we patched it up, and cleared the air.

No one deserves cancer. Fvck Cancer!

RIP Todd. I know your struggle is over, and you are at peace.

My condolences to his family and friends. It's never easy. God, I know it's never easy.

Robb Jensen
03-16-16, 16:44
RIP Todd, you fought a long hard battle my friend.

Mauser KAR98K
03-16-16, 21:10
Dang.

RIP, brother.

Magic_Salad0892
03-16-16, 22:36
There aren't many people who's opinions about shooting I valued more than Todd's. It sucks that I never got to meet him in person, and I always hoped I'd never have to post this:

RIP Todd. You will be missed.

SeriousStudent
03-16-16, 22:38
My thoughts and prayers are with the Green family, and Todd's many friends. May they find comfort and strength during their time of sorrow.

Cancer has claimed far too many. It is such a horrible scourge, robbing us all. :(

Detmongo
03-17-16, 09:38
RIP Todd you will be missed. Prayers out buddy.